My Email War with SportingNews' Tim Montemayor

ItzJamesFTW

if you don't want to read the wall of text below, you can read the wall of text here

First a little background, Tim Montemayor on his show tonight was quoted saying "Fielder is a fat worthless disgrace to baseball and an embarassment to the state of Wisconsin" this comment infuriated me a bit and it lead to a email war.

My Original Message:

"How can you call prince fielder an embarasment? Your personal attack on the guy is an embarasment, seriously, the way you conduct yourself on the radio is an embarassment. As a Brewers fan and an amatuer sports writer, I find your comments not only offending to me and Prince Fielder, but the state of Wisconsin. You said the way Fielder conducted himself was an embarassment to baseball, yet throwing at him is clean? Manny did NOT get throwen at, Stetter has been wild all year. Attacking people for being overweight and their tempers is completly unprofessional, I am not saying what he did was right, but to say the things you said are ridiculous. Attacking a player who goes out and practices, plays hard, and wears his heart on his sleeve is just that, emotions. Saying he's not a good baseball player is a disgrace, and thats not spoken as a Brewer fan, thats spoken as a avid MLB fan. The fact that you think you can say the things you do are sick, and the fact you even have a job is horrible. Suck up to LA and Chicago fans a little more just because theyre a bigger market, I hope to hear from you, even though your close minded thought process wont be able to reply. You're the unprofessional joke here."

His Response:

"

Oh settle down...

It's not about being over weight, it's about being unprofessional. He is a well paid professional athlete who does not keep himself in shape, and as far as Los Angeles goes you could not be more wrong! I am not sucking up to LA, I am not even on in LA, facts do not discriminate, Manny got hit, so Prince got hit, thats baseball!

I did not say he was not a good baseball player, I said he was average, the guy is not on par with Lee, Pujols, or Berkman!

The way he went to the locker room not only was a poor reflection of his character, but also a poor reflection on a organization that has always had pride...he is unprofessional, and brought shame on his team last night!

You can say I am a joke, if you would like to pass my thoughts on to every single media outlet in the great state of Wisconsin, I applaud you for that effort, I will take all the PR I can get.

If you were offended by what I said, I am sorry for that! My show is about entertaining listeners, not offending them.

I appreciate you took time to write, and that you listen."

My Response:

"It's the simple fact that Manny gets this "special" treatment, when he tested positive for a banned substance (regardless what it was) The Brewers are a classy organization and I don't think Fielders apperence is negative. I can point out several baseball players who wear baggy pants, if it was an issue, Major League Baseball would say something. Stetter wasn't throwing at Manny, Mota was throwing at Fielder.. I know he just got his in the leg, but what would your comments be if it was in the head, how about in the face? I know retaliation is "part of the game" what happens when someone seriously gets injured? Prince Fielder may be overweight, but he IS professional, he goes to practice, he plays the game, he has excelled in his game, he hustles, and he gives 100% on the field. Yeah he has a temper, but this team has no fuel. What Prince did last night was unprofessional, that situation was, but Prince Fielder as a whole is not unprofessional. I guarentee you, and if you say anything different I call shenanigans, but if Derrick Lee did this, OR if Prince Fielder was a Cub, you would defend his actions, and say he is "just trying to motivate his team"

I understand your show is mean't to be entertaining,

I understand that radio is a very opinonated profession,

but there is a point where insults also need to be kept at a professional level."

His Response:

"Go to the mound! Don't go F'Bombing to the Dodger locker room, go to the mound!

If DLee constantly had his jersey un-tucked and went to the locker room to fight, I would call him unprofessional...listen to the show, in fact I got on Soriano tonight for being a bust! I only ask that people are real about their "Fandom", and I lead the way on that!"

My Response:

"So,

if Fielder goes to the mound,

your rants on the guy wouldn't of happened?

Regardless of what he does, I still feel we are in the same boat.

you did dog Soriano tonight, but you also stated he was still a power house,

I don't mind your opinons, but since you're "professional" and all, I would expect you to not be so hpycritical of your comments. I would like you to address how you would react if Fielder was in a Cubs jersey, I'd like you to address how this situation would be if Fielder got hit somewhere else, I'd like you to address how you can justify Russel Martin coming out and straight out saying "we threw at him" when Stetter DID NOT throw at Manny, I'd like you to stop avoiding my questions and stop just throwing your opinons at me.

And you're telling me to "listen to the show" didn't you already thank me for listening to your show? Why so hypicritical?"

His Response:

"No, if he charged the mound, I would have stood up for Mota and Prince, but Prince has always been close to getting my best effort, and that whole deal last night pushed me over the line."

My Response:

"Well Mr. Montemayor, seeing as you did not answer any of my questions and just continued all opinons like a amatuer, I'll let you be, good day."

Basically he didn't address anything I wanted, he only gave opinons on the matter, nothing backed up with fact, and he only seemed concerned about trying to prove me wrong, instead of dulging into facts. I know some of you will say "he's national.. he doesnt have the time to address your questions" Well, if he had the time over two hours to continue these emails back and forth, he had the time to properly answer my questions.

And tell me if I'm wrong in this matter, I am open to all criticism.

Okay. First of all, amateur writer, if you wanted to be taken seriously in this correspondence, you would've taken a moment to spell-check your letter, eliminating gaffes like "embarasment," "embarassment," "amatuer," "throwen," "completly," "close minded," and "guarentee." Second of all, your histrionics about how his comments "offended the state of Wisconsin" are completely preposterous and to be summarily disregarded as the rantings of an angry sports talk listener. Your point that "x got hit so y got hit, thats [sic] baseball" is a bad one. That's not baseball, that's assault. Finally, his main point, that Fielder is fat and unprofessional, is hard to refute after he tried storming the Dodgers' clubhouse in an ill-advised act of posturing machismo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Let me think Fat Prince gets mad because someone hits him after his pitchers hit TWO of their players including their star, then he instead of being a man and dealing with it on the field and taking the first pitch of his next at bat and depositing it in the bleachers, runs to the Dodgers locker room knowing his teammates will stop him, so it looks like he's tough. Then he proceeds to yell at the door. Sorry to all these players today who don't like being pitched inside and are only good because they know pitcher won't and can't pitch inside because of umpires warnings, etc. Prince is not as good as you think he is. All he does is hang over the inside part of the plate and hit everything middle to the outside part of the plate. The fact that he was confused that Mota hit him, tells me he has no clue about the game. If he didn't know that was happening, then he is an idiot. The idea that he went charging to the Dodgers locker room with his teammates holding him back, was laughable. It's like the nerd that hits on the quarterback's girlfriend 15 times and tells the quarterback, "I'll kill you!" for knocking over his science project and the nerd's friends faking he's being held back thinking, "If you want to go into the lion's den, go. We just are going for the entertainment sake." The Brewers knew he wasn't going in there. They know he has no balls, and if he did go in there, they were not going in with him. They aren't that stupid. Watch the Brewers body language. They don't care what he does. Not a one of them is actually holding him back. They are willing to let him go into the Dodger locker room and get his ass kicked. Body language says more than words do and their body language tells me that they don't believe or even like Prince.

Okay. First of all, amateur writer, if you wanted to be taken seriously in this correspondence, you would've taken a moment to spell-check your letter, eliminating gaffes like "embarasment," "embarassment," "amatuer," "throwen," "completly," "close minded," and "guarentee." Second of all, your histrionics about how his comments "offended the state of Wisconsin" are completely preposterous and to be summarily disregarded as the rantings of an angry sports talk listener. Your point that "x got hit so y got hit, thats [sic] baseball" is a bad one. That's not baseball, that's assault. Finally, his main point, that Fielder is fat and unprofessional, is hard to refute after he tried storming the Dodgers' clubhouse in an ill-advised act of posturing machismo.

+1

I still don't understand why he didn't do anything in the game, when he was right in front of him. He knew he wasn't going to get into that clubhouse, he was just about making a scene, and acting like the big tough guy. The dude needs to grow up and stop acting like the spoiled child of a major league player.

As for you, what was the point of getting into an argument with this man? What was this going to prove? You're as close-minded as Princey? The guy's point was spot on. Deal with it.

Prince Fielder is a tool because he looks like a tool.

:P

/Weren't you banned? Repeatedly?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Call me a homer, but Prince was the victim of a premeditated assault and had every right to beat Mota's arse on or off the field. I don't buy the excuse that Prince should just have to take it because retaliation is "part of the game." If it's something that we wouldn't tolerate a little league coach teaching his pitchers to do, then it's not part of the game. Players know from the time that they first pick up a bat that eventually, an errant pitch is gonna hit them... that's life. If the the Brewers had specifically targeted Manny, then the Dodgers may have been justified, but clearly that wasn't the case.

That weaselly sporting news reporter can say what he wants, but this Brewers fan and Wisconsinite is not disappointed and is no less proud of Prince than I was before.

+2 (the admiral and speedy)

I am not sure if after two previous posts, one should start a thread talking up a difference of opinion with a writer. If you have something tangible, then just post it on a blog, or use it in your essay, "What I Did on My Summer Vacation", one month from now.

As a former sports talk show host I can tell you this. Mr. Montemayor has you right where he wants you. Stop wasting your time. You think we're going rough on you in here? Trust me, your email is the butt of numerous and far more uncomplimentary jokes at whatever station it is that employs Tim Montemayor. If I had a dollar for every time I purposely said something incendiary about a player, coach, or team with the sole purpose of riling up my listeners I wouldn't be writing this post from Ohio. I'd be writing it from my beach house in Hawaii.

He got your goat. It's what he gets paid to do. Deal with it and move on. Oh and welcome to CCSLC.

BB52Big.jpg

understandable,

but all emails were viewed and sent via blackberry..

Thanks to the internet, by 2075, the average person will have the reading and writing capacity of today's average 3rd grader. Obviously, some people have already fallen to that level.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks to the internet, by 2075, the average person will have the reading and writing capacity of today's average 3rd grader. Obviously, some people have already fallen to that level.

:censored: this. I'm buiding a bunker. I'm already too close to the US border to avoid the inevitable nu-Q-lar civil war y'all are gonna have by 2013.

I only hope I won't lose my damage deposit by doing so. I suppose I should also call before I dig.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

understandable,

but all emails were viewed and sent via blackberry..

Funny, my mid-range keyboard phone still has a "Shift" key on it. You may want to look for yours. Look for it on your computer's keyboard, too. Should be kinda long, and right next to the "Z".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In all honesty, this war is kinda like the Falklands War. Also, you're the Argentinian equivalent to Montemayor's Britain.

You lost this war of words. Cut your losses, and ask for aid.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Off-topic: Isn't Prince Fielder a vegetarian?

From what I've heard, Prince can run pretty well, but he's just a big person, like his father was.

Yes, he is.

Not anymore he isn't. That ended during the off-season.

It's where I sit.

Archived