New NC State Basketball Jersey?

RollWolfpack

According to the NCSU Men's Basketball twitter page, this is the new home jersey...

25811687-faf936264c1e9355e85f730394e70c1a.4a95ac85-scaled.jpg

Just more confirmation for me that NCSU is the worst in the country in terms of marketing.

Oh, and another bang-up job by Wolfpack Sports Marketing, our 100th anniversary season logo...

TLKTYWGBLWGSCSI.20090825173109.jpg

I understand that our neighbors in Chapel Hill and Durham have recently, meaning last 20 years, been better than us in terms of on the court performance, but you'd think the largest school in the state could have such a better identity. It's very disheartening for me as a passionate fan of the Wolfpack athletics and a proud student of our University.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

As much enjoyment as I will get out of mocking this uniform/logo if this turns out to be true, I refuse to believe these are real until I see them in action. NC Stacked over state? Reynolds stacked over the RBC Center? Including references to the school's national titles might be a nice touch if it didn't look like they were added in clip art at the last second. It's pretty fitting that the "100 Years" looks like it's printed on toilet paper, because that's the only place that logo should go.

551kso.jpg

Okay, I guess I have to believe it. The side panels are about as bland as possible, but not terrible. Maybe enough negative backlash can get the wordmark changed before the season starts?

I'm hoping you're right. So far the response from people affliliated with NCSU has been incredibly negative. Oh well, goes along well with the state of our current Athletic Department. Thank God the football team is decent.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

YUCK!!!!! What was Nc State thinking? The "NC" is out of place.

It looks out of place because it's so small. If it was the same size as the "State" and also vertically arched, it would probably look decent.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

551kso.jpg

Okay, I guess I have to believe it. The side panels are about as bland as possible, but not terrible. Maybe enough negative backlash can get the wordmark changed before the season starts?

I don't know if bland means bad for this traditionnal Adidas school, but ENOUGH with the "laker neck" already! It should have its own 10 years anniversary logo! I like the wordmark though, it could be a pattern for all the "State" schoolnames.

Not only are the uniforms bland and generic, that "NC" looks like it was decided on at the last second, purchased at the local Hobby Lobby, and ironed onto the jersey to remind everyone that UNC and Duke aren't the only game in town (when in fact, they are). Absolutely atrocious.

6uXNWAo.png

Oh...those are nassssssssssssssty. And I don't mean that in any kind of positive way.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

NC State suffers from the same design inferiority complex Washington State does. Its like they know they'll never be as good at anything (major anyway, my apologies if they rule at field hockey,) so they never even try to look aesthetically pleasing.

Archived