2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

STL, i'll gladly do it, let me just post this first:

Using the image of the Mets new cream up now on the MLB Shop website, I took out the dropshadow. Tell me the dropshadowless version on the right isn't light years better than the actual version on the left.

dropshadow_vs_none.png

sig2024.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The requested recap:

Here's what we've seen so far:

Mets: snow whites now primary, cream pinstripe alternate

Royals: new powder blue cap (powder blue crown, royal blue brim, white KC outlines in royal blue, royal blue button)

Twins: new wordmarks on home pinstripes, sleeveless pinstripes, navy blue alternate. New road jersey with script wordmark sans pinstripes. 'TC' all navy hat now primary home. 'M' hat now alternate. new 'TC' cap with navy blue crown, red brim is new road cap. addition of 50th anniversary patch and inaugural season at target field patch.

to come (rumored)

Giants: new orange alternate jersey

Marlins: remove 'Florida' from road uni, replace with 'Marlins.' Eliminate black alternate jersey.

Angels: add All Star Game patch

Astros: add 50th anniversary patch

Brewers: new alternate jersey

Rays: new alternate jersey (most likely columbia blue)

did i miss anything?

sig2024.png

The requested recap:

Royals: new powder blue cap (powder blue crown, royal blue brim, white KC outlines in royal blue, royal blue button)

Twins: new wordmarks on home pinstripes, sleeveless pinstripes, navy blue alternate. New road jersey with script wordmark sans pinstripes. 'TC' all navy hat now primary home. 'M' hat now alternate. new 'TC' cap with navy blue crown, red brim is new road cap. addition of 50th anniversary patch and inaugural season at target field patch.

to come (rumored)

Marlins: remove 'Florida' from road uni, replace with 'Marlins.' Eliminate black alternate jersey.

did i miss anything?

The Astros are wearing a 45th anniversary patch, not 50th.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And the Brewers' alternate is rumored to be a road alternate, isn't it? Blue with the "Milwaukee" script perhaps?

FWIW, the Mets all but made the snow-whites their primary last season, when all the player photographs for the jumbotron, home and away, showed them in those jerseys.

The requested recap:

to come (rumored)

did i miss anything?

The Astros are wearing a 45th anniversary patch, not 50th.

yes that was a mistype on my part. sorry about that, chris!

sig2024.png

And the Brewers' alternate is rumored to be a road alternate, isn't it? Blue with the "Milwaukee" script perhaps?

FWIW, the Mets all but made the snow-whites their primary last season, when all the player photographs for the jumbotron, home and away, showed them in those jerseys.

Last season? That's been happening for quite some time now, though they used to primarily feature the black/blue bill hat but now are the good 'ol blue one.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Sweet sassy molassy!

Why the delay?

They don't like people buying their jerseys for Christmas, I figure.

Exactly. It's a public safety issue. They're worried that people might buy Rays merch instead of Yanks merch, and then how are old people who wander out of retirement homes supposed to recognize where they are if all of a sudden the locals are wearing Tampa Bay caps instead of New York caps? Folks might think they're in Georgia or something, start walking south to get back home, and drown in the bay. I'm sure the good folks who run the Rays would really like to sell more caps and jerseys, but they put their obligations as good citizens first and thoughtfully refuse to alter T-StP's delicate balance of total devotion to the Yankees.

20082614447.png

From my understanding, the pinstripe jersey is still the official home jersey and the snow white is still the alt.

http://www.silive.com/mets/index.ssf/2009/11/mets_to_wear_new_pinstiped_uni.html

Metsblog mentions that snow white is now primary. MLB Shop also does say that the pinstripe is an Alternate.

I think they took it down on the site, but I still have it in history.

It doesn't really matter which one the Mets call their alternate and which one they call their primary. The pinstripes were the primaries the last few years and they barely wore them.

If changing the jersey to cream gets them to wear the pintstripes more, then I'm all for it. And if it gets them to wear only blue hats and socks with the pinstripes, then even better. The Mets belong in pinstripes. Not only does the pinstriped jersey look better than the boring all-whites or the hideous blacks, it is a part of Mets history. And this year the Mets want to better display their history at Citi Field.

It doesn't really matter which one the Mets call their alternate and which one they call their primary. The pinstripes were the primaries the last few years and they barely wore them.

Exactly. Lukas has mentioned this repeatedly in the past. The Mets usually wear whatever the equipment manager decides to go with (instead of following a schedule/pattern or letting the starters decide like some teams do). The equipment manager likes the black gear, which means the snow whites (black is the undersleeve color) and the black alt. I think Santana was the only one who made any sort of request uni-wise: he rarely pitches in an alternate (in NY or in MIN before this).

MLB could fix this by telling teams they have to designate a white/cream home and a grey road as primaries and wear them 75% of their games (similar to the NFL, NBA, and NHL and their alternates), but it's not like Bud has it in him. That would effectively end the Astros and Braves wearing colored jerseys for over 90% of their road schedule.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

MLB could fix this by telling teams they have to designate a white/cream home and a grey road as primaries and wear them 75% of their games (similar to the NFL, NBA, and NHL and their alternates), but it's not like Bud has it in him. That would effectively end the Astros and Braves wearing colored jerseys for over 90% of their road schedule.

Or those teams would just designate the current alternates as their full-time road jerseys... there's no rule saying a road jersey has to be grey

---

Chris Creamer

There isn't one now (I think the rule now just says they can't be white), but Bouj said they should make a rule that says a road jersey has to be grey. I'd take it a step further and also make them wear their place name on the front of their primary road greys, but we've had this discussion before.

How do you operationally define grey for the purposes of such a rule, though? If the Padres swear up and down that their urine-soakeds are actually grey, are they? Is the yellow desaturated enough that "grey-ish" is okay? I don't want every single team to wear the exact same shade of grey (though CoolBase is kinda forcing that), because I like that some greys are darker than others. I think it has to do with the rest of the uniforms' colors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Exactly. Lukas has mentioned this repeatedly in the past. The Mets usually wear whatever the equipment manager decides to go with (instead of following a schedule/pattern or letting the starters decide like some teams do). The equipment manager likes the black gear, which means the snow whites (black is the undersleeve color) and the black alt. I think Santana was the only one who made any sort of request uni-wise: he rarely pitches in an alternate (in NY or in MIN before this).

that's a GREAT point. almost every other major sport has a limit on either how many alternate jerseys you can have, how many times they can be worn or both. MLB should get in on the act.

sig2024.png

There isn't one now (I think the rule now just says they can't be white), but Bouj said they should make a rule that says a road jersey has to be grey. I'd take it a step further and also make them wear their place name on the front of their primary road greys, but we've had this discussion before.

How do you operationally define grey for the purposes of such a rule, though? If the Padres swear up and down that their urine-soakeds are actually grey, are they? Is the yellow desaturated enough that "grey-ish" is okay? I don't want every single team to wear the exact same shade of grey (though CoolBase is kinda forcing that), because I like that some greys are darker than others. I think it has to do with the rest of the uniforms' colors.

I must've skimmed right over where he said "grey".

Personally, I don't mind if a team designates a coloured jersey as its road jersey, home must be white, and I like the idea that home/road must be worn X% amount of times during the season (and never in the post-season)

---

Chris Creamer

Archived