2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Angels making changes? All of their uniforms are now listed as 2009. Have they just removed patches?

Probably taking off the Angels Baseball 1961 patch and slapping on the All-Star Game patch.

Isn't the Angels Baseball 1961 patch the "primary" patch now? I thought they were permanent additions to the identity.

The ASG patch will probably go on the right sleeve like it does for everyone else.

Correct, the ASG patch will go on the right sleeve in addition to the "Angels Baseball" one on the left sleeve.

The Rays' new alt will be added to the set, and will not replace the navy one.

That's all for now.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rays' new alt will be added to the set, and will not replace the navy one.

I can't imagine they would add a fifth jersey (including the BP) with the Rays script.

My guess? A light blue jersey with a Tampa Bay script (or the TB logo) and a sunburst patch on the sleeve.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Take it for what its worth but a post tonight on Metsblog says that the new Mets jersey will go on sale on 11/27 which is contrary to what was stated a few days back about such an announcement coming in December.

This afternoon, I visited a Mets Clubhouse Shop and I spoke to the salesperson regarding the new home jerseys for 2010.

The jersey?s have arrived at the store and according to the salesperson, the Mets will be introducing a new, cream colored and pinstriped jersey for the 2010 season, and the jersey is expected to go on sale November 27.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a black drop shadow on these? I am dying to see them.

mets.png

Take it for what its worth but a post tonight on Metsblog says that the new Mets jersey will go on sale on 11/27 which is contrary to what was stated a few days back about such an announcement coming in December.

This afternoon, I visited a Mets Clubhouse Shop and I spoke to the salesperson regarding the new home jerseys for 2010.

The jersey?s have arrived at the store and according to the salesperson, the Mets will be introducing a new, cream colored and pinstriped jersey for the 2010 season, and the jersey is expected to go on sale November 27.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a black drop shadow on these? I am dying to see them.

from www.baseball-fever.com

peterrod16

2010 Mets unforms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

via Metsblog

As Matt said earlier this week, the new jersey resembles the one worn by the Mets in the 1960s, and the team will be eliminating their current white pinstriped jersey with the black shadow.

?you can now get an authentic pinstriped jersey with the Citi Field Inaugural Season patch on sale for $90, which i don?t think is such a bad deal?

In addition, the jersey will be a ?Cool Base? model, which is the new mesh jerseys that teams have been wearing for the last few seasons, and the same material that is used for all batting practice jerseys.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

agreed! i'm dying, too. if there's no black dropshadow, it would be incredible. maybe that's why they delayed the unveiling from the original 11/27 date?

sig2024.png

New info on the new Royals hat...

The Royals have announced that in 2010 the club will don a New Authentic New Era alternate powder blue cap in conjunction with their home alternate powder blue jerseys, which have been worn for every home day game since the beginning of the 2008 season. The cap will go on sale exclusively at the Royals Majestic Team Store near Gate C of Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday, November 24 at 10 a.m.

The Majestic Team Store will be open on November 24, 25 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The store will also be open on Saturday, November 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. prior to the University of Kansas and University of Missouri football game at Arrowhead Stadium at 2:30 p.m. On Friday, November 27, Royals alumni Willie Wilson, Kevin Seitzer and Willie Aikens will be signing autographs at the Majestic Team Store from noon to 2 p.m.

The powder blue caps are priced at $38.

New%20Powder%20Blue%20Cap-thumb-500x333-1676731.jpg

New%20Powder%20Blue%20Cap-thumb-500x333-1676731.jpg

Oh, man, that is one beautiful cap. If I were a Royals fan -- and if my family hadn't moved from a Royals-loyal part of Iowa to the Twin Cities when I was a boy, I probably would be -- I'd be having some sort of capgasm right now.

As it is, I kind of feel badly for the Rays. This should have been their cap -- obviously with a navy bill instead of royal -- but now they have to watch KC wear it instead.

20082614447.png

Eh, it's okay. I liked the royal blue hat with the powder blue jersey just fine.

Incidentally, "feel badly" is a hypercorrection because adjectives go with states of being. It's like saying a song sounds badly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eh, it's okay. I liked the royal blue hat with the powder blue jersey just fine.

Incidentally, "feel badly" is a hypercorrection because adjectives go with states of being. It's like saying a song sounds badly.

Whom are you accusing of "hypercorrection"? :P In point of fact that was a typo on my part, not a hypercorrection.

But I agree with you about the royal cap with the powder jerseys. In fact, I prefer the royal cap for all Royals unis. I just really dig that cap as a cap. It'd look even better if the darker blue were navy, not royal, which is light enough that it almost clashes with the light blue. Still, it doesn't quite clash, and it remains just a beautiful cap. It looks terrifically.

20082614447.png

Haha.

Yeah, it is a pretty nice cap in and of itself. I have a weird thing about road and alternate hats, which is to say I'd prefer they didn't exist. It'd be an a fashion cap, though.

Beacuse they were rebranding themselves from being rays that swim in the water to rays of sunshine to the point of fining players for saying "Devil Rays." Then they kept the swimming ray on their jerseys. Sloppy move from an otherwise intelligent organization.

Beacuse they were rebranding themselves from being rays that swim in the water to rays of sunshine to the point of fining players for saying "Devil Rays." Then they kept the swimming ray on their jerseys. Sloppy move from an otherwise intelligent organization.

I know why they rebranded the franchise name, but the manta ray logo is still relevant (there are manta rays all along the Florida coast) and it's a nice tie-in to their history, however brief it might have been up to that point.

It was a unique logo among all the other MLB franchises and looked nice on the jersey sleeves.

The Rays need to bring back their manta ray alt logo. Dunno why they got rid of it in the first place...

It was a unique logo among all the other MLB franchises and looked nice on the jersey sleeves.

:huh:

Are you implying that the Rays are removing the devil ray patch from the home and road jerseys?

njfvtigh9vnrehxhl74jusfh2.gif

guh3eb71emkj0ngigi1yh3cke.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

They did that?!

Archived