2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this interesting. From a Newberg Report update for today:

1. The Rangers will introduce a cool new feature on their website on Friday, based on a fan suggestion (remember, the organization now seeks your ideas, criticisms, and other feedback at fanfeedback1@texasrangers.com).

You will now be able to go to TexasRangers.com, sometimes as early as the night before any home game but in any event by the afternoon leading up to the game, to see what color jersey that night's starting pitcher has chosen for the team to wear. The idea is to encourage fans who have Rangers red and blue and white in their closets to know which to wear before heading out to the Ballpark.

The information will show up just below the fold on the front page of the website, and at http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/fan_forum/jerseys.jsp.

Pirates have more uniforms than wins.

Is this a rule for all pirates? I don't remember seeing all of Captain Jack Sparrow's uniform combinations, in fact, I don't even remember him ever playing baseball

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I guess these have to be New Era caps, but they look American Needleish to me. Either way, what a classic look and color!

Actually, they were American Needle. I do not have a screen shot but when one of the pitchers remove his cap, you clearly saw the American Needle labeling.

I'm not sure if this is the correct topic to put this in, but oh well. :P

From the Mariners website: Inbox: Is return of Griffey, teal jerseys possible?

Will the teal jerseys the team occasionally wore during the 1990s ever return?

-- Jack C., Seattle

That happens to be one of the most often-asked questions from fans, and I could have some good news for you. Kevin Martinez, the Mariners marketing director, said re-introducing the teal-colored jersey as an alternate uniform top next season "is under consideration" and a decision, which will be made by Major League Baseball, could be made in either October or November.

The jersey was worn on the June 5 "Turn Back the Clock" game against the Angels at Safeco Field, and Martinez said the players' response was extremely favorable. The teal jerseys were worn in 1994, '95 and '96.

If this is true, and they also bring back the two teal caps and the teal helmet, words won't be able to describe how much this makes my day. :D

I can't find a link to verify this, as apparently, the source of it was tonight's pre-game show for the Rangers in Dallas, but owner Chuck Greenberg said the Rangers were going to "standardize" their look. I don't know if it means going primary red, dropping the red, or even just fixing the inconsistencies of the look, but it's something the team is working on. I also don't know if they'd be ready to unveil next year or if it's for 2012 (probably depends on how major the changes are).

• 2 weeks later...

White Sox and Athletics are going black versus black this afternoon. Guess they know nobody's paying attention.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived