2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

I'm not going to read this whole 67 page thread to see if this has already been talked about, but the Marlins are wearing the gray shirts tonight and it's the first time I've seen them with the Marlins script rather than the Florida script. It looks awful. How many times have they worn their gray jerseys this year, and this is a new change for this season, right?

This is a new change for 2010. I'm not sure how many times they have worn them this year but the team is doing it for 'transition' purposes for when they become the Miami Marlins in a couple of years. They have also removed the patch that went on the sleeve.

True, but they still have the F Marlin cap logo, so this isn't much of a transition to me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please help me with this one?

Why do the White Sox almost exclusively wear that black uniform? When something is used almost every day -- road or home -- the word "alternate" loses its meaning. :wacko:

The Sox usually stick with a uniform when they're winning and don't switch until they lose. And they're on a 9 game win streak right now, so that's probably why they've been in black so often.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Does anyone know if the Jays will be in their home or road unis when they "host" the Phils @ Citizens Bank Park? (The opposite for the Phillies too?)

On edit: I read on ESPN the Jays will wear their home uniforms, so I can only assume the Phils will be in road grays...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm not going to read this whole 67 page thread to see if this has already been talked about, but the Marlins are wearing the gray shirts tonight and it's the first time I've seen them with the Marlins script rather than the Florida script. It looks awful. How many times have they worn their gray jerseys this year, and this is a new change for this season, right?

This is a new change for 2010. I'm not sure how many times they have worn them this year but the team is doing it for 'transition' purposes for when they become the Miami Marlins in a couple of years. They have also removed the patch that went on the sleeve.

True, but they still have the F Marlin cap logo, so this isn't much of a transition to me.

They're making a 2-season transition to the new stuff (2010 & 2011 are the transition years). For now, they're slowly transitioning by losing "Florida" when they can and going with "Marlins". The sleeve patch "F" is easier to eliminate than the cap "F". And I'm sure the thinking is, "Why change the cap now when we are getting a new cap to go with the new colors in 2012?"

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think baseball socks/stirrups are a very under-rated part of the uniform. Most teams just wear solid color socks, which is fine, but I think it is a whole other element that can be customized to fit the look of the team. Just like in hockey. I love seeing striped socks. The Rays' striped socks may not fit the rest of their look, but I like them.

Does anyone know if the Jays will be in their home or road unis when they "host" the Phils @ Citizens Bank Park? (The opposite for the Phillies too?)

On edit: I read on ESPN the Jays will wear their home uniforms, so I can only assume the Phils will be in road grays...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/gallery#photoViewer=urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,reuters:20050301:mlb,photo,r1597224837:1

^Uhhh... Does that answer your question? LOL :P

I don't think MLB, even with all its flaws and foibles, would allow a all white-on-white game. That is, unless its gonna be operated by the KKK :shocked: J/K lol.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I thought it was to celebrate Wrigley Field attendance dropping by 50%, or that it was Tom Ricketts's price tag for jersey sponsorship.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They're making a 2-season transition to the new stuff (2010 & 2011 are the transition years). For now, they're slowly transitioning by losing "Florida" when they can and going with "Marlins". The sleeve patch "F" is easier to eliminate than the cap "F". And I'm sure the thinking is, "Why change the cap now when we are getting a new cap to go with the new colors in 2012?"

Sure, I understand that, but I still don't think it's much of a transition. I think they'd be best suited keeping all references to Florida or eliminating them all seeing as how they used to have a batting practice cap which had the M Marlin (M for Marlins in this case, but would also mean Miami when the switch occurs) which they could use.

Yeah, now they'll have been the Florida Marlins, the Marlins of Locale Denial, and then the Miami Marlins. What's the sense of the transition? Why wait to call them the Miami Marlins? Get it over with.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sure, I understand that, but I still don't think it's much of a transition. I think they'd be best suited keeping all references to Florida or eliminating them all seeing as how they used to have a batting practice cap which had the M Marlin (M for Marlins in this case, but would also mean Miami when the switch occurs) which they could use.

I think the reason to wait is so that they can introduce an entirely new uniform with the new colors when they move to the new stadium, rather than piece by piece over the course of a couple years.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

mar2m.jpgmarnd.jpganaj.jpgmar3o.jpg

Anyone know if New Era makes the throwback caps as well?

The fit of Ichiro's cap looks much different than the fit of a 59fifty, even compared to the Angels caps above.

It looks like Ichiro has a low-cut 5950 on.

Honestly, I did not know there was such a thing.

Although it doesn't suprise me. It also wouldn't have suprised me if you told me he had it tailored to his liking...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It looks like Ichiro has a low-cut 5950 on.

Honestly, I did not know there was such a thing.

Although it doesn't suprise me. It also wouldn't have suprised me if you told me he had it tailored to his liking...

About ten years ago, you could get any team's hat as a "low profile" which fit the way Ichiro's hat does in that picture. I'm not sure when they stopped making them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players can still get them.

The low crown 5950s are great. I look like a complete fool in the regular cut 5950s, but the low crown ones mitigate this a lot. You can order them from a few places online, but thy don't have every team/size combination. Alternate and throwbacks are usually out of the question too. I'd love to get my hands on a teal-billed low-crown M's hat, but I have to make do with the standard all-navy one.

What's a 4940? I thought it was the low crown version of the 5950. Is it a whole other style alltogether?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived