2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I'm a noob, but how do I find out what team this 90's era MLB logo is from?

http://img121.images...s/i/cathat.jpg/

1901-1902 Detroit Tigers. Mickey's Place has them for sale.

Thank you! This Site Rocks!

and / or rolls.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

mar2m.jpgmarnd.jpganaj.jpgmar3o.jpg

Anyone know if New Era makes the throwback caps as well?

The fit of Ichiro's cap looks much different than the fit of a 59fifty, even compared to the Angels caps above.

It looks like Ichiro has a low-cut 5950 on.

Honestly, I did not know there was such a thing.

Although it doesn't suprise me. It also wouldn't have suprised me if you told me he had it tailored to his liking...

Hasn't Ichiro always had that type of cap all his career? I could be wrong, but I remember watching a game on TV some four or so years ago and noticing Ichiro's cap looked different than the other players.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Just debuckramize and soak a regular 5950, then dry it to your head. Boom, low-profile 5950.

Does that still work now that they've switched from wool to synthetic, though?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The low crown 5950s are great. I look like a complete fool in the regular cut 5950s, but the low crown ones mitigate this a lot. You can order them from a few places online, but thy don't have every team/size combination. Alternate and throwbacks are usually out of the question too. I'd love to get my hands on a teal-billed low-crown M's hat, but I have to make do with the standard all-navy one.

One of the said sites is Minor Leagues Major Dreams, out of Anaheim.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

What's a 4940? I thought it was the low crown version of the 5950. Is it a whole other style alltogether?

http://www.hatjunkies.com/new-era-49forty-fitted-hats-caps/

This is what I'm talking about. I've been seeing these pop up in stores lately. They seem like a new marketing term for the low-profile 5950s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok...so i'm convinced.

The White Sox club's overuse of its alternate jersey has reached extreme proportions. I believe last night makes it 12 straight games they've used the black one. C'mon already. I hate looking at beer-league softball out there every night. Dress like a freakin' normal ball club. Wear the alternates twice a week or something. I never really understood hockey's mandate about a max number of games teams can use alternates. Now I see why it's done. I think it's awful to wear the same jersey (no matter what it is ) every single bleeping day. Yes, I realize they had a winning streak. Big deal. :cursing:

Ok...so i'm convinced.

The White Sox club's overuse of its alternate jersey has reached extreme proportions. I believe last night makes it 12 straight games they've used the black one. C'mon already. I hate looking at beer-league softball out there every night. Dress like a freakin' normal ball club. Wear the alternates twice a week or something. I never really understood hockey's mandate about a max number of games teams can use alternates. Now I see why it's done. I think it's awful to wear the same jersey (no matter what it is ) every single bleeping day. Yes, I realize they had a winning streak. Big deal. :cursing:

Baseball is a game of superstition, in sometimes extreme levels. You have no idea...:lol:

Very true, Dixon. Still no excuse. Teams like the Phillies and Yankees have certainly played winning baseball (both on the road and at home) and do so while using their standard homes and roads. :wacko:

i just feel like Chicago has gotten lazy. I find it an assault on my eyes to see those black things every day. Once in a while is fine. It only angers me b/c their traditional set is so solid, and we never see it. :evil:

Very true, Dixon. Still no excuse. Teams like the Phillies and Yankees have certainly played winning baseball (both on the road and at home) and do so while using their standard homes and roads. :wacko:

i just feel like Chicago has gotten lazy. I find it an assault on my eyes to see those black things every day. Once in a while is fine. It only angers me b/c their traditional set is so solid, and we never see it. :evil:

Hmm, I actually prefer the black. Looks more intimidating. That cursive Chicago script on the normal roads is just too "friendly", especially when they have a better alternate. Put the "SOX" logo on the roads and youve got a decent compromise.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yup, that's where I got a replacement to my low-crown navy Mariners hat last year. The one I had before was a wool one from the mid 1990s, and no longer fit my head. I was up in Seattle earlier this year and bought a teal-billed cap from the official team store, but the standard 5950 shape looks so terrible on me, I can't really wear it.

Yup, that's where I got a replacement to my low-crown navy Mariners hat last year. The one I had before was a wool one from the mid 1990s, and no longer fit my head. I was up in Seattle earlier this year and bought a teal-billed cap from the official team store, but the standard 5950 shape looks so terrible on me, I can't really wear it.

That is a good place. That is where I got my Dodger hat with the silver brim, and the great thing is that it's right next to Anaheim Stadium, so I can go down there grab a cap and not have to worry about shipping and handling! It's a small office space filled with boxes full of hats and it's tucked away so that you'd never know it's there.

That is a good place. That is where I got my Dodger hat with the silver brim, and the great thing is that it's right next to Anaheim Stadium, so I can go down there grab a cap and not have to worry about shipping and handling! It's a small office space filled with boxes full of hats and it's tucked away so that you'd never know it's there.

I have a question about the fitting. I wear a 7 1/4 in the regular synthetic 5950's. Will the low profile fit the same way?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing the George Steinbenner and Bob Sheppard patches added to the New York Yankees page on sportslogos.net, I've noticed a few other things that needed to be added/changed on that page.

The original Lon Keller Yankees tophat logo from 1947

The real cap logo....currently the print logo is depicted, which is incorrect

And the new logos comemmorating the Yankees 27th World Championship

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

After seeing the George Steinbenner and Bob Sheppard patches added to the New York Yankees page on sportslogos.net, I've noticed a few other things that needed to be added/changed on that page.

The original Lon Keller Yankees tophat logo from 1947

The real cap logo....currently the print logo is depicted, which is incorrect

And the new logos comemmorating the Yankees 27th World Championship

333px-1940sYankeeLogo.svg.png

new-yankees-hat-front.jpg

new-york-yankees-27th-championship-new-era-59fifty-fitteds.jpg

bg_nyy_tile.gif

That's my rough trace of the second Lon Keller logo. I've also started working on his original logo, from 1946. I really need to finish those.

And yeah, bothers me as well that the MLB style guide substitutes the print logo for the cap logo, and omits the cap logo entirely.

Archived