2009/10 OHL Uniforms

CC97

The Mississauga Icedogs had a good look before the move/shuffle happened. The logo was modern and respectable, the jerseys looks good and mixed up the colours well.

Then the Dogs went to Niagara, ditched a good dog logo, and brought in 'cartoon Blue', the worst logo in the CHL (that's right, I said it) and the Majors coming in, dropped their traditional theme and took up the cast-off Islanders' third uniform design, and now are sporting god knows what (we could ask Tri-City, they did the same thing with theirs!)

It's a shame, since they had such a great set after such a bad one to ditch it...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to your comment, zer0dotcom, what adds to the "pathetic-ness" of the "Mississauga switch" I think every team in the OHL got it right got it right when they changed over to the edge templates except Mississauga. Meanwhile the WHL and QMJHL have some horrible looking teams now.

It's almost like reebok was saying "what a mess this Mississauga situation has become. Let's screw up their jersey too!"

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm surprised at the bumber of teams that have adopted the Sabres curvy template. We have Mississauga, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Saint John, and Gatineau...

Swift Current actually pulled off something decent with theirs, and Saint John gets a pass on theirs. Moose Jaw has just copied whatever Buffalo has done for several years now.

Probably the WORST looking team in the league is Gatineau...bright orange with dark blue...must have been nice to be smoking up in that planning session

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=5vnz4swpqee3yg8jsgo16qgsw

WHL discussion

Frylock, the stuff you sent me this morning is AWESOME. I encourage everyone to head over to the Portland page and check out the alternate uniforms that Fry has done up for the site. I've seen this in my webcrawlings, but would have never known the dates or uses for them. They look fantastic!

I'll make sure to modify the Seattle jerseys as well so the dates line up. I love the amount of throwbacks the WHL has worn in the past few season, I just hope I can get all the dates right for them.

Also, I found this webpage, where I've been getting information about some of the harder to find uniforms (specifically, many of the Seattle Thunderbirds odd and wonderful jerseys)

http://jrhockeyjerseys.com/jhj/

Hey, thank you for the kind words! It's very much appreciated! I'm very happy that I could help contribute to the site, and I'm excited about getting more jerseys completed and sent over to you.

That Junior Hockey Jerseys site is a treasure trove of junior goodies, for sure! And speaking of Thunderbirds jerseys, I can't wait to see this one rendered for the CCSLC...

4463505288_063cd4a9f1_o.jpg

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

And speaking of Thunderbirds jerseys, I can't wait to see this one rendered for the CCSLC...

I used to really dislike how those looked but then I moved in with my girlfriend and now have access to 2 of them. They've grown on me. ;+)

Faulting Kingston having NHL style jerseys is like faulting Providence for having NHL style jerseys. They could have easily gone with something new or unique, but they brought back the Frontenacs name from the EPHL team. Having them be the Frontenacs and wear anything that didn't look like the Bruins would be ridiculous. That's why the Dallas Stars template and logo change was so horrible.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I've got a few good sources for that one, I may need to do a copy/paste job to get the front cresting right, and good luck on the font. I still have a ton of T-birds alternates to go, like their Valentine's Day jersey, and their 70's night (again, designers smoking some goooooooood stuff when they though those up)

And speaking of Thunderbirds jerseys, I can't wait to see this one rendered for the CCSLC...

I used to really dislike how those looked but then I moved in with my girlfriend and now have access to 2 of them. They've grown on me. ;+)

Oh man... I really should leave that one alone! :hockeysmiley:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Numerous big additions today:

- Added better quality logos for several WHL teams

- Added a NEW uniform category; Special Event. This covers one time use uniforms not used as a regular alternate uniform. This will reduce teh Alternate clutter for teams like Kitchener and Seattle.

- Several League and Championship logos for the QMJHL and WHL

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates today with teh leagues beginning the conference championships:

Moncton Wildcats pre-edge jerseys plus one alternate

Drummondville: several pre-edge uniforms, plus updated the most recent sets with the proper fonts

Vancouver Giants added a alternate uniform.

There are going to be more updates coming; Tri-cities has some uniforms to go, as does Brandon. Calgary has two more alternates, and the older fonts if I find them.

I also have to get some stuff for Victoriaville when I have the chance.

The Mississauga Icedogs had a good look before the move/shuffle happened. The logo was modern and respectable, the jerseys looks good and mixed up the colours well.

Then the Dogs went to Niagara, ditched a good dog logo, and brought in 'cartoon Blue', the worst logo in the CHL (that's right, I said it) and the Majors coming in, dropped their traditional theme and took up the cast-off Islanders' third uniform design, and now are sporting god knows what (we could ask Tri-City, they did the same thing with theirs!)

It's a shame, since they had such a great set after such a bad one to ditch it...

Medicine Hat Tigers?

To add to your comment, zer0dotcom, what adds to the "pathetic-ness" of the "Mississauga switch" I think every team in the OHL got it right got it right when they changed over to the edge templates except Mississauga.

I still say London dropped the ball. Yes, their Edge set is nice, but it still doesn't compare to the awesomeness of their pre-Edge set.

Medicine Hat Tigers?

Wait! Are you saying this

5966.gif is worse than this? eqdryeu3wsntfkbew55l.gif

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived