2009/10 OHL Uniforms

CC97

recent additions:

Seattle Thunderbirds alternates:

2000 St. Patrick's day

2002 Hallowe'en

and many others. There are still about 4 alternates to go...

FWIW, any jersey made after the Reebok vector started showing up on jerseys will also be on any special TBirds jerseys, including the Totems and Breakers even though those were made by ProJoy. Also, the blue on the 30th anniversary jersey should be much darker almost matching the black. Nice work on all of them!

Edited to add, the TBirds also had a white Breakers jersey made but as far as I know never wore it at home.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling there was a white Breakers jersey out there, just haven't seen it. Thanks! I'll touch up the Breakers' blue jersey when I get a chance too.

Additions today:

Conference Championship logos

Calgary hitment old 'fire' jerseys, and 15th anniversary edge

I love 'em too, but there are several other designs out there that can top them, either CHL wide, or in the OHL alone. London's new set is top notch (there old ones were better yes.) Seattle has a great set, as does Kelowna, and Chicoutimi and Halifax.

See, London's set may be nice on its own, but it really strikes me as a lesser look due to the awesomeness of their last set. If any team has needlessly changed looks, it's the London Knights. I wouldn't say Oshawa has the best look in the OHL, but they're in the top three, I would say.

London and Peterborough had my favorite looks in the pre-Edge era. Now that almost everyone has crapped themselves, I guess the Soo has the best sweaters. Sudbury is some kind of joke, past and present.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Didn't Ottawa have to get rid of the barberpole sweaters? They can't be #1 in my book without them.

Unfortunately yes. Still, I like the look they have.

Sudbury is some kind of joke, past and present.

Yeah, they kind of are, but it seems to be a status they've accepted.

Didn't Ottawa have to get rid of the barberpole sweaters? They can't be #1 in my book without them.

I agree with that. I would replace Ottawa with Peterborough. I also happen to like Kitchener, Kingston and Brampton... yes, I did say Brampton :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

I agree with that. I would replace Ottawa with Peterborough. I also happen to like Kitchener, Kingston and Brampton... yes, I did say Brampton :upside:

Peterborough uses a generic Reebok template these days. Not a fan of their look.

Brampton has a nice look, if not a bit gimmicky.

Kitchener and Kingston have great sets, but they lose some points for aping the looks of NHL teams, in my opinion.

Petes' are timeless and awesome.

The current jerseys aren't bad... but could be a little better.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

recent additions:

2000 St. Patrick's day

2002 Hallowe'en

FWIW, any jersey made after the Reebok vector started showing up on jerseys will also be on any special TBirds jerseys, including the Totems and Breakers even though those were made by ProJoy. Also, the blue on the 30th anniversary jersey should be much darker almost matching the black. Nice work on all of them!

Edited to add, the TBirds also had a white Breakers jersey made but as far as I know never wore it at home.

And just a further note... The dates on the Totems throwbacks need a tweak. The green jersey was worn in 2006/07 and the white in 2007/08.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

recent additions:

2000 St. Patrick's day

2002 Hallowe'en

And just a further note... The dates on the Totems throwbacks need a tweak. The green jersey was worn in 2006/07 and the white in 2007/08.

Fry, do you still make it to a lot of Hawks games? I ask because the Tbirds sell the white Breakers jerseys in the team store as game-worn but, like I said, I never saw them at a home game so I assume they were worn in Portland for a throwback night. Do you remember this happening in the past year or two?

Fry, do you still make it to a lot of Hawks games? I ask because the Tbirds sell the white Breakers jerseys in the team store as game-worn but, like I said, I never saw them at a home game so I assume they were worn in Portland for a throwback night. Do you remember this happening in the past year or two?

Hey man, I haven't been to a game in a couple years :(. Between finances and life in general, it hasn't quite worked out. But I still follow the show up there, and as far as I know, the Birds never wore a Breakers throwback of any kind in Portland. They haven't even participated in the Buckaroos tribute night by wearing Totems jerseys either, both last year and this year.

But back to the Breakers, I've only seen game worn blue jerseys on collector websites, so take that FWIW. :therock:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hey man, I haven't been to a game in a couple years :(. Between finances and life in general, it hasn't quite worked out. But I still follow the show up there, and as far as I know, the Birds never wore a Breakers throwback of any kind in Portland. They haven't even participated in the Buckaroos tribute night by wearing Totems jerseys either, both last year and this year.

But back to the Breakers, I've only seen game worn blue jerseys on collector websites, so take that FWIW. :therock:

Yeah, it's really odd. Maybe they were made with the intention of wearing them but never got around to it or didn't get league approval. I missed out on getting the jersey I wanted but I still might pick one up for their uniqueness.

OHL Discussion

I have to say, even in the absence of Barberpole, the 67's still have a solid identity. I'll also give Kingston props, they may look just like the Bruins, but it's worlds better than the Count Frontenac/Stars jersey they wore for so long.

Brampton has the uuuuuuuugly olive green, but the entire theme of their uniform is one of the best and most original in a long time.

The Soo has really shown what you can do with a little less. I liked their pre-edge set, but the step back to simple has been excellently executed.

The Generals (I've grown up a fan, so I'm way biased) Have had a simple and original set. Lots of Oshawa fans were worried when we learned they would upgrade the uniforms after the move to the new arena, but they managed NOT to screw it up. The new logo is nice and crisp and fits in well with the traditional striping pattern we've had.

Of the others, I like Sarnia's new design, the vertical striping and curves remind me of a beehive silhouette, and the greater use of yellow in the design is a much welcomed change. Erie has an odd one, but a definite upgrade on their parts too.

After putting together the current uniforms on the site, I'd line up but top 5 like this:

1. Soo Greyhounds

2. London Knights

3. Ottawa 67's

4. Oshawa Generals

5. Brampton Battalion

WHL discussion

Frylock, the stuff you sent me this morning is AWESOME. I encourage everyone to head over to the Portland page and check out the alternate uniforms that Fry has done up for the site. I've seen this in my webcrawlings, but would have never known the dates or uses for them. They look fantastic!

I'll make sure to modify the Seattle jerseys as well so the dates line up. I love the amount of throwbacks the WHL has worn in the past few season, I just hope I can get all the dates right for them.

Also, I found this webpage, where I've been getting information about some of the harder to find uniforms (specifically, many of the Seattle Thunderbirds odd and wonderful jerseys)

http://jrhockeyjerseys.com/jhj/

I have to chime in on the OHL discussion here....

I love that Brampton is getting props on this! I love my Battalion, and their gimmicky look didn't change at all when they switched to the reebok jerseys so i'm very happy about that, but the top 5 in the league I would say are:

#1- Oshawa, how can you argue with that classic look? I think we all agree

#2- Peterborough, simple. That's the Petes for you. Not many elements to the jersey or the logo. It's never been that way. Glad it stayed that way.

#3- the SOO, how can you go wrong with the big stars? It's a SOO tradition!

#4- Ottawa, I'd agree with everyone that the barber pole look should return, but the striping pattern on this jersey looks good and it'd say teh wrod "sleek" best describes the new 67s uniforms.

#5- Kingston, I agree exactly with zer0dotcom's opinion. Sometimes it's not bad to rip off an NHL look.

I know this will sound biast, because I'm a Brampton fan. But I have to say Mississauga screwed up their look royally! WTF is with the gold added in? The took a modernized version of a classic jersey attached to a hockey history so deep and :censored: all over it. I hate it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I know this will sound biast, because I'm a Brampton fan. But I have to say Mississauga screwed up their look royally! WTF is with the gold added in? The took a modernized version of a classic jersey attached to a hockey history so deep and :censored: all over it. I hate it.

I totally agree with the :censored: up job with the Majors... I can handle the addition of gold because it's a colour on their logo and the school's logo but that template is ugly ... ugh, I wished the IceDogs never left...

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived