2009/10 OHL Uniforms

CC97

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red highlights on the Hitmen white really muddy up that design.

So disappointed in the Hurricanes only using their wordmark on the fronts and the Wheat Kings dropping the wheat striping. The Rimouski and Everett jerseys prove you can do some creative stuff with the Edge and not just have to stick to a template, but then other teams go and trot out some really uninspired tripe.

I'm pleased with what the Screaming Eagles have done. I'll certainly have to buy one. I'm also liking the fact that the Battalion weren't touched, as with the Guelph Storm and Quebec Remparts.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of jerseys that use sublimation (like Owen Sound, Everett and especially Rouyn-Noranda) and the NHL COULDN'T DO IT? Odd.

I'm also not surprised but annoyed, at how many teams use either the Sabres template or the Ottawa/Pittsburgh template. Though truthfully, a few teams pull it off quite well (like PEI and Shawinigan).

Truthfully, a lot of the teams I guessed would be using certain templates based on what they were wearing I was surprised were NOT used.

A lot of teams are downgrades, some I consider upgrades. Gatineau is a massive downgrade.

One can easily point out what NHL team's templates are used for every jersey. I probably may later tonight if I have time.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of jerseys that use sublimation (like Owen Sound, Everett and especially Rouyn-Noranda) and the NHL COULDN'T DO IT? Odd.

Maybe this is a testing ground for the NHL. Now that Reebok knows they can do sublimations and a little more outlandish designs, maybe Colorado can get their peaked unis back, and other teams can go a little more outside the template. I think the Edge system will allow teams to make changes on a fairly regular basis, since everything is templated. I'm sure Rbk would be all for it, a new design every 3 years, sells more jerseys!

SOme thoughts:

Whoever designed St. Mike's, and that black 67's jersey otta be shot. Terrible looking uniforms., I can't believe they let them get rid of the barberpole.

I think Sarnia missed a great oppertunity to bring in a new crest on their jersey.The bee is too cartoony. On their yellow alt several season back, the bee had incest eyes, and looked much better.

Sudbuy looks much better without the wordmarks around the crest, but the striping is a definate step down.

I like the idea of the new Generals patch, but i think it would be better as a once a year commemorative patch instead

I like both of the whaler sets, but they should have picked one or the other

Grehounds look like they are going back to the Gretzky era, but have to lose that grey!

Barrie's white looks okay, but the blue...just doesn't do it for me, the yellow and blue they use doesn't sit well.

Guelph's white need to change. too little went into that one.

Kingston's look great, they introduced that design last year, and I was very worried they'd lost it.

London had the best set in all of hockey last year. Their new set is nice, but a serious step down from their rock solid previous design. (Long live the green alternate, my pick for best jersey in hockey)

Niagara is bush league. Even when they moved, that stupid cartoon dog logo has been amatuerish. The design they had before they moved (not robodog, but the blue over the maple leaf) was a great design.

Oshawa, Kitchener, Belleville, and even the Pets all look good in keeping their designs for the most part.

Sudbuy looks much better without the wordmarks around the crest, but the striping is a definate step down...

...and even the Pets all look good in keeping their designs for the most part.

I agree 100% about the wordmark (and the slight upgrade to bring the dripping blood closer to the wolf is another nice touch), as well as the striping, but you do realize that the Petes template and striping is exactly the same as Sudbury's don't you?

Archived