2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Sharks finally win in Detroit, 3-2 SO win in a pretty physical & chippy game. Marleau only gets one shot during regulation & OT, but ends up scoring the winner in the shootout. Nabokov had 50 saves, & broke an NHL record with his 10th straight road victory.

Hell of a game, & Jimmy Howard's the real deal. I see why he's starting ahead of Osgood now.

I was watching this game on Fox Sports in Detroit and saw something I've never seen before and wish I never see it again. They had computer graphic advertisements projected on the glass behind both goals. It was similar to the first down marker in football. Has anybody ever seen this before? I wish I had a picture. It was terribly distracting. The first period was for Detroit Medical Centers. Second period was for Spartan foods(it said something about buy one get one free). Third period was for Belle Tire.

I can't wait till the goal crease is an advertisement.

NESN did this during the college games played at Fenway. I've seen this on MSG during Rangers games too.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa traded Alexandre Picard and a 2nd Round Pick for Matt Cullen from Carolina.

I'm a fan of this trade, considering how brutal Picard can be sometimes.

Agreed! I wasn't expecting many trades for the Sens during this year's trade deadline, but this I like. It's too bad they didn't send Joe Corvo back.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Ottawa traded Alexandre Picard and a 2nd Round Pick for Matt Cullen from Carolina.

I'm a fan of this trade, considering how brutal Picard can be sometimes.

Agreed! I wasn't expecting many trades for the Sens during this year's trade deadline, but this I like. It's too bad they didn't send Joe Corvo back.

Why would you want him back? He asked for a trade out of Ottawa a few years ago. Sure he's a good d-man but I'd go for someone else.

Hi, how are you?

Rangers get D Jody Shelley in exchange for 6th round pick

I'm guessing that this was bound to happen, considering that the Sharks had a luxury in having an enforcer that got limited ice time & was basically in the game to start fights, so he was basically expendable. Either way, he's gonna be missed by the fans in San Jose, I bet.

Rangers get D Jody Shelley in exchange for 6th round pick

I'm guessing that this was bound to happen, considering that the Sharks had a luxury in having an enforcer that got limited ice time & was basically in the game to start fights, so he was basically expendable. Either way, he's gonna be missed by the fans in San Jose, I bet.

I still sure as hell miss him from when he was a Jacket, even if the team's talent level has grown recently.

6fQjS3M.png

Rangers 19 year old Rookie Michael Del Zotto fell on the skate blade of a Penguin (think it was Malkin forget who though for sure) and lacerated his ribcage it appeared. You could see blood down the side of his jersey. That makes 2 skate related inuries to 2 Rangers this week...oy...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Rumor has it that the Thrashers have been sold and are moving to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. It will be announced after the Olympics.

I personally don't believe it considering the source, but here is the link: http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/scott-taylor/

OK, here?s the rumour: Wealthy David Thomson of Toronto, the man who most of the shares of the MTS Centre and True North Sports and Entertainment in Winnipeg, has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League and will move them to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. The Moose will move to Saskatoon. The announcement will be made right after the Olympics. Believe whatever it is you want to believe.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Rumor has it that the Thrashers have been sold and are moving to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. It will be announced after the Olympics.

I personally don't believe it considering the source, but here is the link: http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/scott-taylor/

OK, here’s the rumour: Wealthy David Thomson of Toronto, the man who most of the shares of the MTS Centre and True North Sports and Entertainment in Winnipeg, has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League and will move them to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. The Moose will move to Saskatoon. The announcement will be made right after the Olympics. Believe whatever it is you want to believe.

That would be a dream but unless TSN reports it I have my doubts.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Putting a hockey team in Winnipeg makes too much sense for the National Hockey League. False rumor, and even if it were true, Bettman and MLSE would just get the owners together to buy the Thrashers, hire Mike Keenan as coach, and fall ass-backwards into a Vezina candidate, thus proving that hockey is a success in Atlanta.

EDIT: Wait, this whole Thrashers-to-Winnipeg story seems to have come and gone all the way back in October. I'm calling shenanigans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, here?s the rumour: Wealthy David Thomson of Toronto, the man who most of the shares of the MTS Centre and True North Sports and Entertainment in Winnipeg, has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League and will move them to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. The Moose will move to Saskatoon. The announcement will be made right after the Olympics. Believe whatever it is you want to believe.

If this was the case, then why the hell did the Thrashers do that fire sale over the last few weeks?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Putting a hockey team in Winnipeg makes too much sense for the National Hockey League. False rumor, and even if it were true, Bettman and MLSE would just get the owners together to buy the Thrashers, hire Mike Keenan as coach, and fall ass-backwards into a Vezina candidate, thus proving that hockey is a success in Atlanta.

EDIT: Wait, this whole Thrashers-to-Winnipeg story seems to have come and gone all the way back in October. I'm calling shenanigans.

Link

Besides, if anybody's in line to get a team next, relocation or expansion, it's gonna be Hamilton.

Link

Besides, if anybody's in line to get a team next, relocation or expansion, it's gonna be Hamilton.

First it was Winnipeg, then it's Hamilton and Quebec now it's Winnipeg again. If only things were that simple and three teams could relocate all those cities deserve a team.

It's a mute point now no need to talk about it until real speculation happens.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Link

That link is from last May.

I think these are new 'revelations'.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Link

That link is from last May.

I think these are new 'revelations'.

Again. Why trade Kovalchuk (known hereafter as "the meal ticket") if a sale/move is in the works?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived