2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Why is it every time I hear about the Canucks, they are talking about this "epic" road trip that they are on? I'm pretty sure they get the same Olympic break the other 29 teams get and will probably go home at some point during that time, right? :therock:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because he has more than one son and we all know Brendan from that after reading the article on him in December...?

Since this is shaping up to be a Lee v Sizemore kind of day, I'll just say that "Brian Burke's youngest son" would have more than sufficed.

<_<

I would tend to agree that Brian Burke's youngest son would have sufficed, however some may not have known which was his youngest.

I'm letting this go, but you're being deliberately obtuse on this.

obtuse-demotivational-poster-1238561610.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'd like to thank Mr. Milan Lucic for costing the Bruins a 2-0 lead today over Vancouver. If you're hurt and going to play like a puss, don't suit up.

EDIT: Well, didn't take a genius to see the Canucks win that game 3-2, when they entered the period with the Bruins up 2-1.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Luongo stole that one for Milan Lucic gave that one to Vancouver.

Fixed.

41 saves. Luongo gets part of the credit for this, like it or not.

One more loss till you guys tie the record, huh?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Luongo stole that one for Milan Lucic gave that one to Vancouver.

Fixed.

41 saves. Luongo gets part of the credit for this, like it or not.

One more loss till you guys tie the record, huh?

Luongo played a great game, no doubt, but the two goals that the Canucks scored were Lucic blunders.

And it's one more loss till they tie the record. I'm not on the team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Detroit leads 3-0 after the 1st and loose 4-3.

Kings win 9 in a row.

-Dan

And if the Flames can finish out the final 20 tonight we will move up 4 Points on them.

I don't care if the ''Mule'' is back on Tuesday or whatever.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hawks prevail, but only after Brent Sopel gets a penalty in the last two minutes for saying a bad word. Only St. Louis.

Right, but remember the Hawks are the ones who are a bunch of girls.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anton Khuudobin is now 2-0 as Wild goaltender in a 2-1 home win over the Flyers. We might just have a goaltender controversy on our hands here in the State of Hockey, or at least we will once Backstrom and Harding are healthy again.

CCSLC signature.png

Figured the Leafs would end the streak. Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

I always enjoy Leafs/Sens games, even when the boys in blue are on the losing end. It's a fun rivalry.

Also LOL @ the Leafs fans taking a page out of the Habs Book of Etiquette, with the Nananana Hey Hey Hey Goodbye song in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

Well it IS a rivalry, there's going to be some of that from whichever side emerges with the W. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar stuff from the Sens faithful.

Also LOL @ the Leafs fans taking a page out of the Habs Book of Etiquette, with the Nananana Hey Hey Hey Goodbye song in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

Well it IS a rivalry, there's going to be some of that from whichever side emerges with the W. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar stuff from the Sens faithful.

Sure there is chirping and the whole booing thing, but it's ridiculous to sing that in a regular season game.

Believe me, Ottawa is waaaaaay too conservative and quiet for that sort of thing.

Hi, how are you?

Why is it every time I hear about the Canucks, they are talking about this "epic" road trip that they are on? I'm pretty sure they get the same Olympic break the other 29 teams get and will probably go home at some point during that time, right? :therock:

It is pretty much being overblown. It's an eight game road trip, followed by a six game road trip. It is 13 games outside of their time zone, and they do have a number of Olympians who won't be taking a break.

the-vancouver-canuck-olympians-in-2010.jpg

Sami Salo looks like someone's grandfather in that pic. And Erhoff won't be playing that many games.

Yeah, I suppose it was a bit much. Cut us some slack though, we don't have much to celebrate about this season :D

How's that basement renovation going anyway? Let me know when you get the beer taps installed. I'll come over and help you test them out. :D

I was able to watch the first period before going to the Kevin Smith show tonight at Roy Thompson Hall. I saw it was 3-0 at the end of the first and thought the Leafs would fold like a rented card table like they have been recently. Guess I was wrong.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived