2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Also LOL @ the Leafs fans taking a page out of the Habs Book of Etiquette, with the Nananana Hey Hey Hey Goodbye song in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

Well it IS a rivalry, there's going to be some of that from whichever side emerges with the W. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar stuff from the Sens faithful.

Sure there is chirping and the whole booing thing, but it's ridiculous to sing that in a regular season game.

Believe me, Ottawa is waaaaaay too conservative and quiet for that sort of thing.

The only reason why they're so quiet, is cause there are no Ottawa fans around. Notice the only time the Ottawa arena is loud is when the Habs or Leafs are in town?

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I suppose it was a bit much. Cut us some slack though, we don't have much to celebrate about this season :D

How's that basement renovation going anyway? Let me know when you get the beer taps installed. I'll come over and help you test them out. :D

Will do. We're also thinking about putting in a foosball table.

Also LOL @ the Leafs fans taking a page out of the Habs Book of Etiquette, with the Nananana Hey Hey Hey Goodbye song in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

Well it IS a rivalry, there's going to be some of that from whichever side emerges with the W. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar stuff from the Sens faithful.

Sure there is chirping and the whole booing thing, but it's ridiculous to sing that in a regular season game.

Believe me, Ottawa is waaaaaay too conservative and quiet for that sort of thing.

The only reason why they're so quiet, is cause there are no Ottawa fans around. Notice the only time the Ottawa arena is loud is when the Habs or Leafs are in town?

Nah, it's a progressive thing. The more they win the louder the crowd gets. The last few games were pretty good, I was there and noticed a difference from the beginning of the season.

Hi, how are you?

Two games since Hitchcock's firing and the Blue Jackets have two wins and Steve Mason's given up one goal in those two games. I wish they would've axed Hitchcock earlier because at this point it's going to take a Colorado Rockies 2007-like win streak to make the playoffs.

and this Washington-Pittsburgh game is pretty good. Now in OT.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What a game. 14 in a row. Ovechkin with an epic game. Jose Theodore too came up with HUGE saves to keep us in this. Wow.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Figured the Leafs would end the streak. Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

I honestly did not hear that at all... :blink:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Gainey resigns as GM of the Canadiens.

Story on TSN

Not a big surprise, although I thought he would resign at the end of the year.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

No, that's not true, there's plenty of Senators fans and they're usually pretty knowledgeable hockey fans. They don't go to hockey games to join in on "Sing-along time". Here's an honest question: have you ever been to Scotiabank Place or are you just basing this on what you heard from some guy on Sportsnet?

I smell something fishy in Montreal. I sense a big trade coming soon.

I sense a re-build.

thecatch.jpg

No, that's not true, there's plenty of Senators fans and they're usually pretty knowledgeable hockey fans. They don't go to hockey games to join in on "Sing-along time". Here's an honest question: have you ever been to Scotiabank Place or are you just basing this on what you heard from some guy on Sportsnet?

I'm basing it on the fact that I don't like the Ottawa Senators.

1zqy8ok.gif

Ah, the old "I'm talking out of my ass" defence. Well played, sir. :P

thecatch.jpg

Ah, the old "I'm talking out of my ass" defence. Well played, sir. :P

Well, in all honesty, whenever I watch a game on TV, the crowd in Ottawa sounds really quiet. The games against Montreal and Toronto seem louder. This may be the broadcast, but it's all I have to go by, so I'm forming my opinion using the info at hand.

1zqy8ok.gif

Well, in all honesty, whenever I watch a game on TV, the crowd in Ottawa sounds really quiet. The games against Montreal and Toronto seem louder. This may be the broadcast, but it's all I have to go by, so I'm forming my opinion using the info at hand.

Well there is some truth to what you're saying. Most Sens fans tend to avoid the games against the Habs and the Leafs because those games are full of obnoxious frat boys who tend to get into arguments and know very little about hockey. Those "away" fans may be loud, but they're actually pretty terrible hockey fans.

Senators fans, as a general rule, are more quiet than Habs fans. Habs fans like to chant. Personally, I've tried to chant at a game but it doesn't work for me because I find I can't really follow the action on the ice. To each his own I guess.

Senators fans are louder than the fans (often called the "suits") at the ACC, but much quieter than the Leafs fans that invade Scotiabank Place everytime we host the Leafs. It's a strange paradox. I guess the "average Joe Leafs fans" tend to come to more games at Scotiabank Place because tickets are cheaper & more easily attainable than tickets at the ACC.

Ottawa is a frickin' madhouse during playoff games. The atmosphere is absolutely insane and I've never seen anything like it. That being said, during the regular season, some games are loud (ex: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Canadian teams, Subway Family nights) and some games are quiet (ex: Carolina, Atlanta, Florida... non-traditional hockey teams in general).

thecatch.jpg

Archived