2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll postulate that if the Devils had never strayed from red and forest green, they would've at least had a little bit of kitschy charm as they neutral-zone-trapped and cheapshotted their way to glory, instead of being the soulless lockout-inducing hockey machine that had to celebrate its ill-gotten Stanley Cups in a parking lot by an off-ramp because they weren't from an actual place that could host a parade as if the team were some sort of beloved civic institution. Or not. Tall order.

You wish you were a Devils fan, don't you?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So yeah, the Caps just had two of the most exciting losses that you can watch. 6-5 against the Habs in OT last night, & 6-5 against the Sens tonight. They also had another hat trick (from Semin), 3rd straight game of having that happen. Pretty wild back-to-back for them.

Canucks shut out the most irrelevant team in sports 3-0.

Before the game, Florida GM Randy Sexton announces that changes are to be made, and if Gretzky can be traded, then no one on the Panthers is untouchable. Way to rally the troops, Randy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Caps are on a 2 game losing streak with the defense giving 12 goals (and also scoring 10).

Awful defense, awful goaltending. straight up awful. They need systems practice again. Ovechkin and Green looked gassed. Too bad Ovie doesnt get much of a break, kind of hoping Russia doesnt go far just so he can get a little bit of a break.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Sharks finally win in Detroit, 3-2 SO win in a pretty physical & chippy game. Marleau only gets one shot during regulation & OT, but ends up scoring the winner in the shootout. Nabokov had 50 saves, & broke an NHL record with his 10th straight road victory.

Hell of a game, & Jimmy Howard's the real deal. I see why he's starting ahead of Osgood now.

No. I like to like crappy teams that are cool. I can't imagine sports fandom without unending self-flagellation and communal angst.

Before really the '94 season, the Devils were not the most storied franchise ever...

It's been something to see this team grow from a laughingstock and "a Mickey Mouse organization" (f-u Gretzky), to what has become a perennial contender

sB9ijEj.png

No. I like to like crappy teams that are cool. I can't imagine sports fandom without unending self-flagellation and communal angst.

Before really the '94 season, the Devils were not the most storied franchise ever...

It's been something to see this team grow from a laughingstock and "a Mickey Mouse organization" (f-u Gretzky), to what has become a perennial contender

Jeez, get over that quote. Gretzky was right in his assessment of the Devils franchise at that point. The franchise relocated twice, and finished either last or next to last until the 1987-88 season when it lost in the conference finals. Gretzky was absolutely correct in his statement on the franchise when he made his comments so move on.

Jeez, get over that quote. Gretzky was right in his assessment of the Devils franchise at that point. The franchise relocated twice, and finished either last or next to last until the 1987-88 season when it lost in the conference finals. Gretzky was absolutely correct in his statement on the franchise when he made his comments so move on.

Way to rant over what is basically a joke now.

Moron.

sB9ijEj.png

Way to rant over what is basically a joke now.

Moron.

Yeah, and they still don't come to games, even after three Cups.

Sharks finally win in Detroit, 3-2 SO win in a pretty physical & chippy game. Marleau only gets one shot during regulation & OT, but ends up scoring the winner in the shootout. Nabokov had 50 saves, & broke an NHL record with his 10th straight road victory.

Hell of a game, & Jimmy Howard's the real deal. I see why he's starting ahead of Osgood now.

I was watching this game on Fox Sports in Detroit and saw something I've never seen before and wish I never see it again. They had computer graphic advertisements projected on the glass behind both goals. It was similar to the first down marker in football. Has anybody ever seen this before? I wish I had a picture. It was terribly distracting. The first period was for Detroit Medical Centers. Second period was for Spartan foods(it said something about buy one get one free). Third period was for Belle Tire.

I can't wait till the goal crease is an advertisement.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived