2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I smell something fishy in Montreal. I sense a big trade coming soon.

I sense a re-build.

One re-build was done this summer. I don't want to have to bear another one.

I mean a real rebuild. With high draft picks and prospects galore. You guys may have to tank it for that to happen. I'd keep Markov, Halak (or Price), Gionta, Cammalleri and your prospects. The rest I'd get rid of. This brings up the question: Who would take on Gomez' contract?

thecatch.jpg

I sense a re-build.

One re-build was done last summer. I don't want to have to bear another one.

Caps did a rebuild, so did the Pens, look at where we are. All the cool kids are doing it!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I sense a re-build.

Caps did a rebuild, so did the Pens, look at where we are. All the cool kids are doing it!

'Cause talents like Ovechkin and Crosby come along every draft.

1zqy8ok.gif

Six teams will open the season in Europe next year.

Hurricanes vs. Wild in Helsinki, Oct 7th & 8th

Blue Jackets vs. Sharks in Stockholm, Oct 8th & 9th

Bruins vs. Coyotes in Prague, Oct 9th & 10th

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Six teams will open the season in Europe next year.

Hurricanes vs. Wild in Helsinki, Oct 7th & 8th

Blue Jackets vs. Sharks in Stockholm, Oct 8th & 9th

Bruins vs. Coyotes in Prague, Oct 9th & 10th

Will the curse of the head coach firings continue?

thecatch.jpg

I sense a re-build.

which is why I don't believe in tanking. You're not guaranteed the #1 pick and if you don't get it then you're just losing for losing's sake which can be damaging to a fan-base. Tanking should always be the last option to rebuild a team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I sense a re-build.

which is why I don't believe in tanking. You're not guaranteed the #1 pick and if you don't get it then you're just losing for losing's sake which can be damaging to a fan-base. Tanking should always be the last option to rebuild a team.

But even if we did get just Ovechkin it wouldnt be enough. We also drafted Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, Alex Semin, and Jeff Schultz with picks acquired in the rebuild and traded for young talents like Tomas Fleischmann, Brooks Laich, and Shaone Morrisonn in the rebuild. Picks and prospects go a long way, and getting lucky getting the 1st overall pick helps too, but look at the Kings as a better example, in the rebuild theyre in, they didnt get the #1 overall pick, theyve just quietly acquired and stockpiled young talent and now theyre one of the most competitive teams in the extremely tough Western Conference. I know patience doesnt grow on trees in Montreal, but this is a new era and believe me, investing in your scouting staff and front office does wonders for a franchise.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I better get my passport. I might want to go to Prague.

See you there, maybe? Also, because the gf is a Sharks fan, Stockholm may be part of the trip, too. Come on, MegaMillions numbers!

Beginning of the end for Marty Turco in Big D?

To Dallas

G Kari Lehtonen

To Atlanta

D Ivan Vishnevskiy

4th Round Draft Pick

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309569

It will be so weird seeing Marty in different colors ... however I kind of figured this would happen sometime this year.

Interesting decision going with Kari, I pray he stays healthy otherwise we might be missing the playoffs ... again!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

With Lehtonen being traded, the Thrashers no longer have any of the players they drafted either #1 or #2 overall in their first four drafts. Not only are all four of these players gone before the team completed their 10th season, but who the Thrashers got back in return is, to say the least, uninspiring.

-The Thrashers dealt Patrik Stefan to Dallas for Niko Kapanen...whom later got claimed off waivers by Phoenix later that season. Kapanen is now in the KHL.

-Dany Heatley got dealt to Ottawa for Marian Hossa, who got dealt to Pittsburgh for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christinsen, and Angelo Esposito. Christinsen is now on the Rangers.

-Ilya Kovalchuk got dealt to New Jersey for Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, and Patrice Cormier.

-Kari Lehtonen gets dealt to Dallas for Ivan Vishnevskiy.

What's more impressive is that the old school jersey is not an Edge jersey. That's an epic win! :devil:

3,000th post.

Congrats!

Of course its not an Edge jersey, its a Mitchell and Ness.

I'll postulate that if the Devils had never strayed from red and forest green, they would've at least had a little bit of kitschy charm as they neutral-zone-trapped and cheapshotted their way to glory, instead of being the soulless lockout-inducing hockey machine that had to celebrate its ill-gotten Stanley Cups in a parking lot by an off-ramp because they weren't from an actual place that could host a parade as if the team were some sort of beloved civic institution. Or not. Tall order.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really hope that mention of $190 for a blank jersey is incorrect. It's also a little disappointing to see the current numeral font being used on the throwbacks, but hey, that's what blank jerseys and EPS are for. Just a gorgeous sweater.

I'll postulate that if the Devils had never strayed from red and forest green, they would've at least had a little bit of kitschy charm as they neutral-zone-trapped and cheapshotted their way to glory, instead of being the soulless lockout-inducing hockey machine that had to celebrate its ill-gotten Stanley Cups in a parking lot by an off-ramp because they weren't from an actual place that could host a parade as if the team were some sort of beloved civic institution. Or not. Tall order.

I've said it before (recently), and I'll say it again; one of the most consistently successful franchises of the past 15 years, with probably one of the 2 best goalies of all time, in (technically) media market #1, can barely outdraw the Florida Panthers, considered by many on here to be the most irrelevant pro sports franchise in North America. A team has to actively make people not care to pull off that trick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived