2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I think the Atlanta Spirit situation has been sorted out enough that the Atlanta Hawks can function like a normal team again, instead of having various board members veto each other on trades and stuff. I don't know how much all that confusion affected the Thrashers' operations, but they certainly haven't been very competent for a while now.

And oh crap, Patrice Cormier is that piece of garbage from the Q-League that cheapshotted a kid into convulsions. Real prize there, Atlanta.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah well he's no Wayne Gretzky" is pretty weak. Nobody's ever gonna be Gretzky again, but Ovechkin's already halfway to a Hall of Fame career.

Lindros? :)

Why must you constantly disagree with everything? :P

I'm just bored tonight. Er, last night.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And oh crap, Patrice Cormier is that piece of garbage from the Q-League that cheapshotted a kid into convulsions. Real prize there, Atlanta.

No kidding.

Cormier should go to a team with a bigger history of cheap-shot artists...like Vancouver.

Funny, I was thinking he's Flyers or Leafs material.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gotta love the people who still think the Devils have a "half-filled" arena.

So far this season, The Rock has been at 86.4% capacity. Not "Half-Filled" by any stretch.

They are averaging 15,223 in an arena with a capacity of 17,625. Again, not bad at all.

Anyone who's going to compare Atlanta's mostly empty arena (in which it has been revealed that they dim the ambient light as much as possible, and turn up the on-ice lights as much as possible to hide the empty seats on TV) to the Devils is just plain ignorant.

/end_rage

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ovechkin probably won't get the all time NHL Points lead but I'm sure he can get on the heels of Gretzky for Goals.

Not without incredibly significant league-wide changes in how the game is played. As talented as Gretzky was, he was also in his prime at the most offensively explosive period in NHL history. He had seasons of 92, 87, 73, and 71. Gordie Howe peaked at 49 but he played forever. And even Brett Hull, at a distant third, had seasons of 86, 72, and 70.

Gretzky had already scored 429 goals at Ovechkin's current age (not even counting 46 WHA goals), and 356 in his first five NHL seasons. Ovechkin's at like 257 with what, 25-30 games left?

I don't see how anyone can take a run at that record in a league where 60 goals is now jaw-dropping.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Thank goodness, they were running that franchise into the ground.

Ottawa won their 11th straight last night against the Canucks. They played really well until the last period when Vancouver got 2 powerplays back-to-back and scored a late one to make it 2-1. Thankfully Chris Kelly scored an empty netter to hold them off for the win.

I was at the game really excited to see the Sedins, but Ottawa's D really shut them down. Great game.

Unfortunately I'm quite weary of tomorrow's game vs. the Leafs. They always seem to break streaks for other teams. It'll be tough to get to 12 wins straight.

Hi, how are you?

Ottawa won their 11th straight last night against the Canucks. They played really well until the last period when Vancouver got 2 powerplays back-to-back and scored a late one to make it 2-1. Thankfully Chris Kelly scored an empty netter to hold them off for the win.

I was at the game really excited to see the Sedins, but Ottawa's D really shut them down. Great game.

Unfortunately I'm quite weary of tomorrow's game vs. the Leafs. They always seem to break streaks for other teams. It'll be tough to get to 12 wins straight.

Yeaaaaaa, Dion will level both Spezza and Alfie and I will then be able to sleep easy. ^_^

I'm all seriousness, I still think we suck balls.

You'll be proud of me though, I'll be at the April 1st Sens/Canes game against the glass in either a Leafs or Petes jersey (undecided). I am only going because I got the tickets for free and have never been out to Ottawa, so it should be a good time! Just look for some kind of pro-Leafs sign about kicking Buffalo's ass and you'll know its me!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So far this season, The Rock has been at 86.4% capacity. Not "Half-Filled" by any stretch.

They are averaging 15,223 in an arena with a capacity of 17,625. Again, not bad at all.

Anyone who's going to compare Atlanta's mostly empty arena (in which it has been revealed that they dim the ambient light as much as possible, and turn up the on-ice lights as much as possible to hide the empty seats on TV) to the Devils is just plain ignorant.

/end_rage

Not only that most of the empty seats are in the club seat area, where fans are welcome to watch games in a lounge with comp food, and these seats are very expensive. In the upper areas of the Rock its packed almost every night.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

/end_rage

its never the end of your rage tho!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeaaaaaa, Dion will level both Spezza and Alfie and I will then be able to sleep easy. ^_^

You'll be proud of me though, I'll be at the April 1st Sens/Canes game against the glass in either a Leafs or Petes jersey (undecided). I am only going because I got the tickets for free and have never been out to Ottawa, so it should be a good time! Just look for some kind of pro-Leafs sign about kicking Buffalo's ass and you'll know its me!

Hey so will I!

Also, I would like to state that I have jumped on the Senators bandwagon :P

6fQjS3M.png

Hey so will I!

Also, I would like to state that I have jumped on the Senators bandwagon :P

Hah thats awesome. It should be fun. I can't turn down free tickets that place me right at the glass deep in enemy territory. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Methinks I sense a future Sens fan in the making. Once you go black...

(I kid of course, I know your Sens hate is as big as the universe)

In other news, I'll be at the Sens against the Washington Ovechkins on Thursday. The two hottest teams in the NHL facing off. Man, it's gonna kick some serious ass.

thecatch.jpg

Methinks I sense a future Sens fan in the making. Once you go black...

(I kid of course, I know your Sens hate is as big as the universe)

In other news, I'll be at the Sens against the Washington Ovechkins on Thursday. The two hottest teams in the NHL facing off. Man, it's gonna kick some serious ass.

You know... I'm a fan of hockey and LOVE seeing games in other arenas. It doesn't have to be my team in order to have a great time. Every atmosphere is so different... I love it! So I'm excited to see this game in a place that I know will be somewhat rowdy (as long as the Sens keep winning and people show up... lol).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Nice, Always wanted to get seats down there but never had the money to. Got free tickets like 3 rows up once and it was great seeing it that close. The 100 level is a bore though when it comes to surrounding fans. The last time I went there i was surrounded by suits, and Jean Chretien.

Try not to be your usual sourpuss self :P

Also if Dion injures Spezza, or Alfie. I'm taking a screencap of this post and sending it to Colin Campbell.

Hi, how are you?

Sorry to be a buzz kill... but news is quickly spreading about Brendan Burke, Brian's openly gay son, recently passed away due to a car accident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309095

Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke's youngest son Brendan passed away on Friday. The team released the following statement:

"We are saddened to report that Brendan Burke, the youngest son of Leafs President and General Manager Brian Burke, succumbed to injuries he suffered in an auto accident earlier today in Indiana. The family asks for privacy at this difficult time."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/02/05/burke_son_dead/

I gotta say... thats rather awful. I feel for the Burke family and those who knew Brendan.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived