2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Putting a hockey team in Winnipeg makes too much sense for the National Hockey League. False rumor, and even if it were true, Bettman and MLSE would just get the owners together to buy the Thrashers, hire Mike Keenan as coach, and fall ass-backwards into a Vezina candidate, thus proving that hockey is a success in Atlanta.

EDIT: Wait, this whole Thrashers-to-Winnipeg story seems to have come and gone all the way back in October. I'm calling shenanigans.

Link

Besides, if anybody's in line to get a team next, relocation or expansion, it's gonna be Hamilton.

That link is from last May.

I think these are new 'revelations'.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/moose/Highlight-REEL-Moose-5-Marlies-1-.html

An invention floating around this week, masked as a rumour, that the Atlanta Thrashers will be sold and moved to Winnipeg -- with the announcement right after the Olympics -- was met with a mild scowl and a response of "patently false" from True North officials at Friday's game.

Let's put this to rest shall we.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it that the Thrashers have been sold and are moving to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. It will be announced after the Olympics.

I personally don't believe it considering the source, but here is the link: http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/scott-taylor/

OK, here?s the rumour: Wealthy David Thomson of Toronto, the man who most of the shares of the MTS Centre and True North Sports and Entertainment in Winnipeg, has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League and will move them to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. The Moose will move to Saskatoon. The announcement will be made right after the Olympics. Believe whatever it is you want to believe.

I'm not sure which team is actually a better roster right now, the Moose or the Thrashers.

Still nothing from the Twitters of Bob McKenzie or Darren Dreger and nothing on TSN. So it's probably nothing but I wonder what a Winnipeg Rock Radio Station has on TSN?

Less willingness to fact check?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Back to the actual season, the Western conference from 7-13 (and with a miracle you could even say 14) remains quite a cluster:censored:. (The East appears to have a similar race, but I just don't care.)

Two weeks ago I let my expectations of another Blues run into the playoffs cool significantly, but here they are just 4 points out. If they can win one they shouldn't tonight against Washington they could either jump into a tie for 11th (and remain 4 back), or stay 12th but close to within 2 points of the 8th place tie. Other scenarios exist as well.

Obviously there's 5 or 6 other teams perspectives hoping for great results heading into the Olympic break as well. We could have one heck of a post-Olympic finish to the season.

Back to the actual season, the Western conference from 7-13 (and with a miracle you could even say 14) remains quite a cluster:censored:. (The East appears to have a similar race, but I just don't care.)

Two weeks ago I let my expectations of another Blues run into the playoffs cool significantly, but here they are just 4 points out. If they can win one they shouldn't tonight against Washington they could either jump into a tie for 11th (and remain 4 back), or stay 12th but close to within 2 points of the 8th place tie. Other scenarios exist as well.

Obviously there's 5 or 6 other teams perspectives hoping for great results heading into the Olympic break as well. We could have one heck of a post-Olympic finish to the season.

Same way I've felt about the Ducks.

5 weeks ago they were 12 points out of 8th and today they could potentially be in 8th.

If the Ducks can beat Calgary and Ottawa beats Detroit and Phoenix beats Dallas, the Ducks will be in 8th place.

But like you said it is quite the cluster :censored: lol. The Ducks (and any team) can fall just as quickly as they've climbed with all these teams in the mix.

Definitely shaping up to be another interesting stretch run.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Putting a hockey team in Winnipeg makes too much sense for the National Hockey League. False rumor, and even if it were true, Bettman and MLSE would just get the owners together to buy the Thrashers, hire Mike Keenan as coach, and fall ass-backwards into a Vezina candidate, thus proving that hockey is a success in Atlanta.

EDIT: Wait, this whole Thrashers-to-Winnipeg story seems to have come and gone all the way back in October. I'm calling shenanigans.

Link

Besides, if anybody's in line to get a team next, relocation or expansion, it's gonna be Hamilton.

That link is from last May.

I think these are new 'revelations'.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/moose/Highlight-REEL-Moose-5-Marlies-1-.html

An invention floating around this week, masked as a rumour, that the Atlanta Thrashers will be sold and moved to Winnipeg -- with the announcement right after the Olympics -- was met with a mild scowl and a response of "patently false" from True North officials at Friday's game.

Let's put this to rest shall we.

I knew it was to good to be true.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Big win heading into the Olympic break for the Flames and a great way for Iggy to head into the Olympics on a really good hot streak.

Now lets hope they can carry this through to March 3rd against the Wild because I'd have to believe March is the toughest month for the Flames and it's probably the toughest schedule overall.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Rangers steamroll Tampa 5-2 to head into the Olympic Break...

...but the highlight of the afternoon had to be a marriage proposal (on Valentine's day at at a sporting event, yes...lame indeed) that saw the girl sit there stunned, then get up and run out of the Garden, with her boyfriend and the camera crew running after her.

We never found out if she actually said no or was just too stunned/embarrased and didn't know what to do but ultimately ended up saying yes...but the crowd was abuzz for at least 10 minutes after that, I kid you not...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If you propose to your girlfriend at a hockey game, you don't deserve her. Second-worst Sports Too Far offense behind only naming your child for sports stuff.

I was once saw three proposals at a single Blue Jackets new year's eve game. By the third one there was an audible groan from the crowd.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Rangers steamroll Tampa 5-2 to head into the Olympic Break...

...but the highlight of the afternoon had to be a marriage proposal (on Valentine's day at at a sporting event, yes...lame indeed) that saw the girl sit there stunned, then get up and run out of the Garden, with her boyfriend and the camera crew running after her.

We never found out if she actually said no or was just too stunned/embarrased and didn't know what to do but ultimately ended up saying yes...but the crowd was abuzz for at least 10 minutes after that, I kid you not...

The camera crew following her tells me the whole thing might have been staged.

In any event, the Rangers have nothing on the NLL's Minnesota Swarm, who brought a fan couple onto the rink at halftime of Saturday night's (i.e. Valentine's Eve) indoor lacrosse game so that the guy could propose to his girlfriend.

CCSLC signature.png

Ducks steamroll Edmonton 7-3. 2 points out of 8th at the break.

The bigger story was that Ryan Getzlaf played, and damn did he play well. 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points. I think Getzlaf will be just fine for the Olympics. No need to fret Canada :lol:

All but one Ducks goal was scored by and assisted on by an Olympian also. Getzlaf with 2 goals and Niedermayer, Perry, Bobby Ryan, Koivu with one each. Selanne and Getzlaf with 2 assists each, Niedermayer, Perry, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Whitney with one each. George Parros was the lone non-Olympic goal scorer and was credited with an unassisted goal. And Olympian Jonas Hiller rounded it out with a 26 save night.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Blackhawks win 2 straight games the exact same way. Both were 4-4 ties, with the hawks having a powerplay at the end of regulation. both went into a shootout. The hawks won btoh. Niemi was the goalie for both.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Same way I've felt about the Ducks.

5 weeks ago they were 12 points out of 8th and today they could potentially be in 8th.

If the Ducks can beat Calgary and Ottawa beats Detroit and Phoenix beats Dallas, the Ducks will be in 8th place.

But like you said it is quite the cluster :censored: lol. The Ducks (and any team) can fall just as quickly as they've climbed with all these teams in the mix.

Definitely shaping up to be another interesting stretch run.

Yeah, we lost on purpose 'cause we're still bitter about 2007.

thecatch.jpg

If you propose to your girlfriend at a hockey game, you don't deserve her. Second-worst Sports Too Far offense behind only naming your child for sports stuff.

I was once saw three proposals at a single Blue Jackets new year's eve game. By the third one there was an audible groan from the crowd.

The proposal was a hoax.

Archived