Do You Consider Yourselves........

the_cynic

I'm just curious, how many of you consider yourselves "professional designers" and why?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Oh, hell no. I'm a hack amateur at best.

I have had a few designs put onto jerseys, even had an amateur league in Canada pick a design of mine as their league logo. But I'm a hack.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hard to say... I'd consider Mockba to be a professional designer. His logo is being used by a professional league.. that seem to qualify.

Myself, I'd say I am a professional designer, but not specific to sports-logos. My career is in design, web and graphic design. I've created several corporate logos that companies use, and I was paid for them fairly well.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

same boat as Mockba, hack amateur. mainly cus I don't have the programs the big boys have(not to say I can't do logos that rival those that can be vectorized). i'm hoping to change that somewhere down the road, though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i'm a production artist. i make large run production orders happen. i work fairly close with many designers. designers are responsible for getting the idea, look, and whatnot together to make the customer happy and look good. many times we production folks have to take what the designer makes and clean it up, make it work best for our many different types of equipment, and mass produce it.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

technically, anything you get paid to do makes you a "professional" at it

That being said, I am a professional graphic designer. My business cards are listed that way. I have a Bachelor's Degree in graphic design. I have had 3 graphic design jobs since graduating college. I have only done one piece sports-related, and that was the logo for my floor hockey team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm not a pro, but I've always had an interest in graphic design. I have done a couple designs that have been used professionally by small businesses, but for me it's more of a hobby.

I haven't had any formal training, but I'd like to be able to do some basic design in my work when I need to.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I work for a daily newspaper laying out and composing advertisements. I'm paid for what I do, in that aspect and only that aspect, I'm a professional.

I also do quite a bit of freelance work for a local fireworks company, so between the newspaper and fireworks...I'm the King of Disposable Media! :sleeping:

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

i'm a production artist. i make large run production orders happen. i work fairly close with many designers. designers are responsible for getting the idea, look, and whatnot together to make the customer happy and look good. many times we production folks have to take what the designer makes and clean it up, make it work best for our many different types of equipment, and mass produce it.

Speaking of that, I saw one of those "Coca-Cola cars" that you had a hand in designing while I was going to Carolina Place a few weeks ago.

And no, I'm probably not considered a "professional" graphic designer, even though I have been paid for designs.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'd consider myself semi-pro. I charge for my services (when I don't know the customer at least), but I charge a pittance for my services compared to the big boys, and I haven't had any formal training.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

within 3 years, i hope to be a "Pro" graphic designer. i just got some of the best neew of my entire life today when i was accepted into the Advertising & Graphic Design program at Humber College in Toronto. Starts this spring. I'm pumped.

Yes, I would consider myself a full-on professional. Spent four years at the Savannah College of Art and Design and graduated last August with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design. I worked as the Online Designer for a scuba diving magazine for two years during college. I also currently work freelance for Joe Bosack on occasion, as well as the firm that webdav works for, 45 Degrees North. I've designed a couple of corproate logos that are being used, but I'm still waiting to land my first sports logo.

I was going to school (2 semesters) at the Art Institutes International of Minnesota to get my bachelors in Graphic Design. Unfortunately, life happened, and right now I must work my job a bit longer before I continue working towards my career. I feel that I COULD be a good 'pro', once i got the handle on how to use Illustrator and Photoshop better. Drawing-wise, I can create...just no scanner to put it into Illustrator, where it would probably sit awhile anyway.

Right, now, I'd say I'm more of a writer. So, need some catchphrases, slogans, jingles or a neat little write-up? I can do that. :D

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Archived