Vikings Throwbacks

Bmac

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Vikings wearing their throwbacks on Monday against Green Bay? All signs point to yes. It's MNF. It's against GB. And the Vikes wore their throwback helmets during practice this week.

According to this blog post, the Vikings will be in throwbacks Monday night.

Star-Tribune

Are the Vikings wearing their throwbacks on Monday against Green Bay? All signs point to yes. It's MNF. It's against GB. And the Vikes wore their throwback helmets during practice this week.

Star-Tribune

So Favre will be wearing a Packer uni? B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I hope they still use their metallic helmets for the throwbacks. I know it wouldn't be a true to the original unis, but the flat purple helmets look really bad since its a totally different shade than that of the jerseys.

This is exactly what I don't like about how the NFL handles alt uniforms. It's a big game for the Vikes, against a rival, on national TV, so the Vikings should wear their best uniform. If your best uniform is an alt or a throwback, then the team should wear it all the time. What's the point of the Vikings updating their uniforms and helmet if they don't wear them when the rest of the country might actually see them? That's pretty much the opposite of what you'd do if you were a profit-making business trying to build brand awareness and loyalty.

20082614447.png

This is exactly what I don't like about how the NFL handles alt uniforms. It's a big game for the Vikes, against a rival, on national TV, so the Vikings should wear their best uniform. If your best uniform is an alt or a throwback, then the team should wear it all the time. What's the point of the Vikings updating their uniforms and helmet if they don't wear them when the rest of the country might actually see them? That's pretty much the opposite of what you'd do if you were a profit-making business trying to build brand awareness and loyalty.

My thoughts exactly.

This is Monday Night Football, Packers/Vikings, a game that everyone's been pointing to since they signed Favre. Unless they go very deep in the playoffs, this will be Minnesota's most-watched game of the year.

I vastly prefer the throwbacks, but this isn't the time to wear them. Unless the Vikings are making a tacit admission about which uniform they as an organization prefer....

I agree, thats why I think its a terrible idea to wear the throwbacks due to the fact that I love the updated unis. I for one am getting sick of the whole "throwback" thing. If teams want to celebrate important moments in their history then a patch or field logo will do just fine. I don't need to see the Broncos break out their atrocious "Ovaltine Uniforms" or the Jets with their "Which team is this again?" uniforms....But thats just me.

On a side note...I can't believe I'm saying this being a Bears fan but I hope the Packers beat the bejesus out of the Vikes this Monday. Favre is in the top five of my list of people that I would love to kick in the face...right behind Osama Bin Laden and just ahead of Barney the Purple Dinosaur. Go Pack!

Star-Tribune

So Favre will be wearing a Packer uni? B)

Falcons, actually. Longwell will be in his Packer uniform.

Darren Sharper is coming too, but he's going to wear his Saints gear. Direct your misguided hate at him.

I guess the concept of "trade" and "free agency" has finally been realized by the people of Wisconsin. PROTIP: It's here to stay.

That's quite a list, right there. Osama to Brent to Barney.

"I guess it goes from God, to Jerry to you... to the cleaners."

LOL!

yeah, well to elaborate upon the list...

Osama - Supposedly the mastermind of 9-11...blah blah blah...I think we all know the story

Brent - Regularly ruined my Sundays/Mondays twice a year for more than a decade

Barney - His videos, books, and talking toys virtually ruined my life when I worked as a teacher's aid in a pre school classroom during one of my many sparkling career moves.

Reflecting back on the list...I think I may have to move Barney farther up.

Archived