Operation Duck

puckcool22

I feel that the Anaheim Mighty Ducks are a good hockey franchise. They had a rough year, but I think they will bounce back. This could turn into a powerhouse franchise.

But fans across the country find it hard to take seriously a team called the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. While i loved them as underdogs last year, i was pulling for the Wild in the ducks-wild conference final because i didnt want the words mighty ducks going on sports most coveted trophy.

I propose we try to design a logo and a uniform set appropriate for a serious NHL team. I think we should keep the egglant and jade- and use either silver/gray, yellow, or no secondary besides white.

im still not very good with logos, but ill make jersey concepts

is anyone with me

signature.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While people may find the name itself laughable, I think the logo is perfect as is.

Then again, I find it weird that people hate this team. I can't find a single thing to hate about this team. Not a one.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I find it funny that they were named after a fictitious group of 12-year olds, and even went so far as to use the same logo from the movie for the team. The logo isn't bad, mind you... I think it's very creative, albeit somewhat juvenile in a way. I would think that they'd try to distinguish the team from the movie, though.

With all due respect Nitro, the Ducks were named after the team in the movies, after the first movie the logo for the actual NHL team was created, then they used the logo from the NHL team for the Ducks team in the second and third movies.

Go back and look at the uniforms and logo from the team in the first movie.

BTW, I like the Ducks and the logo is just fine, IMO.

With all due respect Nitro, the Ducks were named after the team in the movies, after the first movie the logo for the actual NHL team was created, then they used the logo from the NHL team for the Ducks team in the second and third movies.

Go back and look at the uniforms and logo from the team in the first movie.

BTW, I like the Ducks and the logo is just fine, IMO.

This is true.

Heh, when I first heard about the NHL team, I had horrible visions of them using something similar to the unis from the first movie.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I hated those jerseys from the first movie. But when the franchise was announced and then they unveiled the jerseys, I thought, and still think, that those were beautiful jerseys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

People can say what they want about the 'ducks' logo - it is one of the most highly identifiable logos in the NHL (and of the big 4 sports). My kids is school, will identify the Ducks (top 3) and when they pick logos for their floor hockey teams, this logo is in every grade level league (Phys. Educ. classes). Just FYI from the world of kids.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Oh, and if I'm not wrong, I believe I read somewhere that the Ducks lead all other teams in total merchandise sales (merch with the logo on it, I mean).

ya but its for the same reason kangaro jack was the number 1 movie in america for a month. little kids are the ones buying it. they think its cool so they bug their parents to buy them the stuff. it also dosnt hurt that its the same logo from the disney movies. little kids dont know the nhl team had the logo first.

Oh, and if I'm not wrong, I believe I read somewhere that the Ducks lead all other teams in total merchandise sales (merch with the logo on it, I mean).

Actually I dont think that is the case any more when the Ducks first came out they led merchindise sales, but as the movies have faded into memory, and the team got older they have fallen off signiginantcly and are now one of the lowest in sales if Im not mistaken.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To be honest, I like the attempt by Anaheim to find a new identity for themselves with the 3rd jersey.

They could very well be a classy franchise with a silly name.

Then again, there's been a few stupid names in NHL history.

Like the California Golden Seals, another team out of that state.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Then again, there's been a few stupid names in NHL history.

Like the California Golden Seals, another team out of that state.

hey, that was a good name...one that could still be used today, to boot! :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived