DNA Helmet

summo

Here is a version of the DNA helmet I drew a while back covering all of the Oregon Helmets, I think. I took a stab at the flame helmet and the carbon fiber one, but I don't think I quite nailed it. C & C please.

OregonHelmets.jpg

SpearSig.jpg

Great stuff Sumo...... as a huge fan of manipulating helmets I enjoy and appreciate what you have done here. Now, if I can ever learn the secrets to doing what you and the other amazing creators here do in making these templates I will be in heaven. Until then I will continue enjoying and using what is offered her.

I, too, would love to know what you use for the metallic texture.

I not very good a tutorials so I'll try to explain how I did it, even though there is probably an easier way. I learned how to use Illustrator but not photo shop yet so I use an old version of Corel Photo paint. In Corel I make a new document with a plain white backround. I then use the add noise effect and set it for color noise. I then use the color mask to mask the white area. I then reverse the mask so that the multicolored noise "flakes" are masked. I then pull the flakes out into a new document with no back round and export it as a psd file. I import that in to illustrator into my helmet graphic. I then copy and paste the helmet shell object and use it as a clipping mask. I set the mettalic over the helmet shell and set the opacity to the desired level. If there is an easier way that anyone knows please share.

SpearSig.jpg

Archived