NBA Season Thread

Gary

Wow. Consider my mind blown. 17-19k--that's it?

And...I suppose I now know what to look forward to for next month's Final Four. If all goes well, I plan on going this year. (And, apparently, I better hurry up and secure me a ticket. ^_^ )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Clippers big man Marcus Camby has been traded to the Blazers in exchange for Steve Blake & Travis Outlaw.

Clipper Deandre Jordan's response to this trade on twitter tells the entire story: "smh." Dunleavy basically traded one of the best defensive players in the game in exchange for 2 bench players. If the Clippers are done, then Dunleavy should lose his job as the GM as well. This can't be it, they have to have something else up their sleeves.

Wow. Consider my mind blown. 17-19k--that's it?

What's really mindblowing is that the Bulls once drew 21,700 a night with a 15-win team.

Right now, there have to be crowds in league backwaters like Minnesota, New Orleans, Milwaukee, and Memphis with crowds around 10,000 at best. Times are tough. League's gonna lose like half a billion this year or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, and a dungpile of expiring contracts coached by a guy with his greasy head permanently jammed up his own ass. Still #1 in the league, baby.

Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, and a dungpile of expiring contracts coached by a guy with his greasy head permanently jammed up his own ass. Still #1 in the league, baby.

Damn Right.

Also.....letting Marcus Camby go is downright stupid. He can literally out-rebound any player's scoring numbers. And throw in a few blocks. One of my favorite players in the Association, at least he's going to a respectable team

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

A Deal being talked about right now, Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers and a first round pick for Amare Stoudemire. Buzz going on right now on the Valley airwaves

What happened to the Cavs & Amare? I heard Big Z & JJ Hickson for Amare was basically 75% complete.

But of course, it's the NBA trade deadline. I won't believe anything that I hear about a trade until it actually happens.

Well, tradewise out here in Jazzland (Utah, yes, I know, I know), it seem that if anyone goes, it's Kyle Korver. He's asking for more playing time, yet Sloan's not really giving it to him. The dreamer in me is thinking that they can package him and Boozer somehow (not straight up with the Raptors, a 3-way trade) for Chris Bosh, but that's looking more and more of a pipe dream.

Boozer, however, is actually looking (and playing) better as of late, however, so it's not all bad.

No, I think they'll win 10 too. The Nets are incapable of ever doing anything memorable or compelling, so they'll pick up just enough garbage wins to not be the worst ever.

[quote name=the admiral' date='February

W17, 2010 - 06:56' timestamp='1266407803' post='1293325]

No, I think they'll win 10 too. The Nets are incapable of ever doing anything memorable or compelling, so they'll pick up just enough garbage wins to not be the worst ever.

Well the Nets were playing better before the ASG, they had close losses against the Cavs and Celtics. It may not mean much on the surface but if they can stay close to the elite teams it shows some signs of improvement.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Maybe I'm nuts, but I see the Nets finishing 10-72. They will find some way to avoid the record.

Those two things aren't inextricably linked. Whether the Nets finish 10-72, 20-62, or never win another game, you'll still be completely nuts. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What's this now about the Celtics trading for Nate Robinson?

I'm no basketball expert, but I'm curious about this one (okay, maybe they needed a backup 1 who can score, and maybe relocating three or four hours up I-95 could help Nate out a bit). For this, the Knicks get Eddie House along with, according to the article, a C's 2nd-round draft pick next year and some soul currently buried deep in the Celtics depth chart). Wonder if the guy can play defense...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived