NBA Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In sort of NBA news, the WNBA's Tulsa Shock have signed Marion Jones.

Yes, it's former Olympian Marion "Went to jail for lying in court" Jones.

Can she even play? -- or is this the WNBA's version of Manute Bol on skates?

She was a pretty good point guard for the Tar Heels back in the day.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I know one thing...07-08 was a hellish season. I will tell anyone wihtout hesitation that that season, the Bucks finally hit rock bottom. That season drove me to sheer hatred of even the thought of watching that garbage. The Bucks have posted fewer wins, true, but that season largely consisted of the most boring, stagnant, passionless basketball I have ever seen. Ever seen that clip of Bogut high fiving air? That pretty much summed up that season. Calling them a team demeans that word's meaning, they were more accurately a bunch of guys who happened to be wearing the same uniform. (I didn't see Sessions going off at the end of that debacle of a year cus I'd stopped watching by that point. How he broke the team assists record with a mishmash of garbage timers and quitters he barely knew, I will never know.)

What the Bucks are doing this year? Now THIS is basketball. Except what Chitwood Ridnour's doing lately, he's been uncharacteristically out of control (in the bad way).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Enjoy it while you can before everyone realizes they're grown men and don't need Scott Skiles yelling at them. Generally the way it goes. As for this year, Skiles and Jennings should definitely win their respective 'OTYs. Also, props to Andrew Bogut for using his ticket allotment to create some sort of college-style rooting section. What's it called? Block 6? Something like that? At any rate, it's cool, something the Bucks sorely needed if they're competing with three basketball teams successfully selling sizzle over steak.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wouldn't be the first time it's happened to us (I'm a bit surprised George Karl hasn't gone on his franchise-destroying ego trip with Denver yet, frankly.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't know, maybe he mellowed out, unthinkable as it may be that an NBA coach could ever mellow out. Even Mr. Zen is a miserable screaming lunatic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

File this under priceless

nba_a_netsfanbag_600.jpg

CEO, fan of 7-win Nets square off

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets' sad-sack season appeared to hit another low Monday night when CEO Brett Yormark reportedly shouted at a fan wearing a paper bag over his head.

Yormark left his courtside seat at the IZOD Center late in the second half of New Jersey's 99-89 loss to the Miami Heat. Yormark then doubled back toward the fan, identified by the New York Daily News as Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J.

It was at that point that Yormark, Lisi and a friend of Lisi's got into a shouting match, with reporters and photographers nearby.

Lisi told the Daily News that the CEO initiated the exchange by asking him why he had a bag on his head. Lisi's response -- "because the Nets are so good," according to the paper. Yormark then snapped at him and walked off, Lisi told the Daily News.

A spokesperson for Yormark said Yormark had no comment.

The Nets are 7-63 and extended a franchise record with their 14th straight loss at home Monday. It also was New Jersey's eighth straight defeat on their way toward possibly finishing with the worst record in NBA history.

New Jersey has to win two of its final 12 games to avoid breaking the Philadelphia 76ers' mark for futility (9-73), set in the 1972-73 season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Generally I don't believe in being afraid of words, but I probably would've made sure this wasn't outside a preschool window.

Please, preschoolers can't read. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived