NBA Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Simmons is having a bad day. He's currently being killed on the internet after his criticism of the column I linked to earlier (he's been blocking bloggers left & right while calling them Digital Attack Dogs. Lame, I know.), & the Nets just beat the Celtics in Boston.

Also, a moment in this game that shocked the hell out of me was Doc Rivers playing Garnett after he had left the game due to tweaking that same knee that's been giving him problems since late last season. I mean seriously, it's the Nets. Win or lose, wouldn't it be more important to rest Garnett than to put him out there (& he was obviously in pain) against the FREAKING NETS? I really don't see how Doc Rivers gets as much credit as he does for the success of that team, because he is not a good coach, IMO.

Michael Jordan reaches deal to buy Bobcats

I know it's very doubtful, but can Jordan PLEASE redeem the city of Charlotte by renaming the team?

"Aircats" has a nice ring to it. biggrin.gif

lolcats_oh-noes_ihasletgo.jpg

Aircats sounds dumb. The hell's an aircat?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Michael Jordan reaches deal to buy Bobcats

I know it's very doubtful, but can Jordan PLEASE redeem the city of Charlotte by renaming the team?

What would you name the Charlotte NBA team to?

Hornets. Then the Utah Jazz and New Orleans Hornets can switch names so we can have the Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Jazz and Utah Hornets Also. This new and original idea of teams changing names should be sent to the NBA on the double so that they can fix this mess. :upside::rolleyes::mad::lol:B)

The Nets will do anything for you to come to their games

By Trey Kerby

The New Jersey Nets are struggling. They have the league's worst record at 6-53. Because of that, they're last in attendance.

To combat this they've tried a few bizarre promotions over the years. First, they gave away tickets to unemployed workers, and also gave them career advice. Then, if you bought a 10-game ticket plan you got a jersey that featured not just a Net, but also an opposing player.

This Friday, the Nets will unleash another in their long line of minor league-esque promos:

Their latest promotion will be unveiled Friday, when the Nets play the Orlando Magic. New Jersey residents 18 or older who attend the game will get a coupon that they can redeem at a Roni Deutch Tax Center to get their state income tax done free.

No one likes doing their taxes, but is it worth having to go to a Nets game? At just a $29 value, I'm not so sure.

But you have to admire the gumption of Roni Deutch, the eponymous tax attorney offering the promotion. She says, "The hallmark of a strong company is one that aligns with young companies. I'm a betting woman, and I think the Nets are going to win a championship this decade."

Probably not, but she's not the first to make such a proclamation.

Yahoo Sports

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The Celtics have signed F Michael Finley.

In other news, they are also actively trying to bring Bob Cousy, "The Jet" Kenny Smith & Chris Webber out of retirement, since they'd fit right into the retirement home they're beginning to build there.

The Celtics have signed F Michael Finley.

In other news, they are also actively trying to bring Bob Cousy, "The Jet" Kenny Smith & Chris Webber out of retirement, since they'd fit right into the retirement home they're beginning to build there.

Wasn't he released after 3/1? If so then he won't be able to play for the Celtics in the post season.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived