NBA Teams in need of a new look

jimbojohnny56

Just watching a bunch of games on NBA League Pass the other day and was just noticing that there are way too many teams that are Navy Blue or Light Blue. So here is a list of teams that need to change IMO.

Hawks- Go back to Red,Yellow and White

Jazz- Just bring back the old unis with the Jazz note what was wrong with them

Grizz-Scrap the whole thing and start over

Mavs- Back to Geen and Royal instead of Royal and Navy

Warriors- Go with the Golden Gate Orange instead of Navy on the road

Nuggets- I can live with them going light blue but I always loved their unis in the 80's although I could'nt see them trying to moderrnize the rainbow look.

BTW even though the Clips are not using Navy or Light Blue they could use an overhaul.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching a bunch of games on NBA League Pass the other day and was just noticing that there are way too many teams that are Navy Blue or Light Blue. So here is a list of teams that need to change IMO.

Hawks- Go back to Red,Yellow and White

Grizz-Scrap the whole thing and start over

Mavs- Back to Geen and Royal instead of Royal and Navy

Warriors- Go with the Golden Gate Orange instead of Navy on the road

Nuggets- I can live with them going light blue but I always loved their unis in the 80's although I could'nt see them trying to moderrnize the rainbow look.

BTW even though the Clips are not using Navy or Light Blue they could use an overhaul.

Hawks-No there current look is good enough. I would have done something different with their alternates though and they could redesign their court. I hate the colors.

Jazz-They are bringing back the old logo (to some degree) in 2011 with the current colors.

Grizz-Eh, I'm partial. I don't think it's horrible, I just think a recolor would be nice.

Mavs-I agree they could use a new look. Tweaks more than anything. No green though. Blue fits them.

Warriors-They are doing an overhaul for next year. I am assuming and hoping for a return to more gold and a bridge.

Nuggets-I could use a recoloring. I just hate the Nuggets.

I would add to your list Oklahoma City, New York, New Jersey and Washington.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

They looked cheap and flimsy.

I still think the Grizzlies should've gone with the very trendy brown/columbia combo, which is seen elsewhere but not enough in sports.

Hawks-No there current look is good enough. I would have done something different with their alternates though and they could redesign their court. I hate the colors.

Well if you don't like there court and you don't like there colors, maybe there current look isn't good enough after all!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's my list with no particular order...

Nets - Hopefully they're going to make a massive identity switch when they move to Brooklyn

Rockets - Simply the worst uniforms in the league, next to the Utah Jazz. The new Mickey D's alt improves it a tad but overall their identity is very plain and boring!

Thunder - Everything from the logo to the uniforms looks like they should be set in the WNBA

Jazz - I really don't mind their current recolored logo but they have one of the weakest uniforms in the league! Seriously, what the heck is wrong with an organization that can produce a one color uniform with wimpy little accent lines on the sides! I'm sickened to have these as our uniforms where the wordmarks are the only saving grace...

Warriors - Horrible identity that pays zero homage to their heritage!

Bobcats - Like the colors but please lose the primary logo!

Wizards - It's time to tap into the full potential of what this identity could be. Heck, even using a headshot of the Magic's mascot "Stuff" as a logo would be worlds better than what they currently have.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Grizzlies - How about the green and brown set like the one AAO posted a while back?

Hawks - A return to the Red and Gold would be nice.

Jazz - Get a new nickname.

Knicks - Ditch the black, and go back to the classic roundball.

Mavericks - Go back to the M and cowboy hat.

Nuggets - I liked the pre-2003 colors better.

Thunder - See the Jazz.

Timberwolves - Make the howling wolf the primary.

Warriors - Return to the Blue and Gold and the Bridge logo.

Seriously, when is this argument of ?get a new name? going to end? I know it sounds stupid to someone new to the NBA to see a team in Utah called the Jazz but they?re been in Utah with the same name since ?79 and I can tell you, they?re not looking to change their name anymore than the Lakers. thicon_lol.gif

Sorry for my little rant but I guess I get tired of people knocking the Jazz name when of course it's obviously misplaced, but yet so deep rooted in Utah Sports History now that it'll never change.

The Clippers need more than a new uniform.

Everything about them says "we suck".

Move towns, change names, change owners, draft players and change uniforms.

Where do you want them to go? Seattle?

I think a move to Anaheim would be perfect, but I doubt they'll be leaving Staples anytime soon. Despite playing second fiddle to the Lakers they're still in the second largest market in the NBA and making millions.

I bet the NBA will expand to Seattle, unless one of their teams tanks within the next couple of years.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I bet the NBA will expand to Seattle, unless one of their teams tanks within the next couple of years.

I believe Stern has come out and said the league won?t be expanding past 30 teams in the foreseeable future though. I think it?s more likely that a team will fold and move to Seattle?..that?s assuming Seattle builds a new arena like Stern said they would have to do.

Seriously, when is this argument of ?get a new name? going to end? I know it sounds stupid to someone new to the NBA to see a team in Utah called the Jazz but they?re been in Utah with the same name since ?79 and I can tell you, they?re not looking to change their name anymore than the Lakers. thicon_lol.gif

Sorry for my little rant but I guess I get tired of people knocking the Jazz name when of course it's obviously misplaced, but yet so deep rooted in Utah Sports History now that it'll never change.

Because of the Utah Jazz, when I was a little kid I always associated the music style with snow-capped mountains.

Thunder need to be fixed bad. The color scheme is ridiculous for a team called the Thunder (blue, darker blue, orange, and yellow?), the logo is terrible and the uniforms aren't worth anything. Kevin Durant just deserves better.

Clippers need a new logo. It really bothers me that it's a really awful version of the Lakers logo.

Not a fan of the Bucks' look at all

Thunder need to be fixed bad. The color scheme is ridiculous for a team called the Thunder (blue, darker blue, orange, and yellow?), the logo is terrible and the uniforms aren't worth anything. Kevin Durant just deserves better.

Actually, I would say Seattle fans deserve better.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Here's my list with no particular order...

Nets - Hopefully they're going to make a massive identity switch when they move to Brooklyn

Rockets - Simply the worst uniforms in the league, next to the Utah Jazz. The new Mickey D's alt improves it a tad but overall their identity is very plain and boring!

Thunder - Everything from the logo to the uniforms looks like they should be set in the WNBA

Jazz - I really don't mind their current recolored logo but they have one of the weakest uniforms in the league! Seriously, what the heck is wrong with an organization that can produce a one color uniform with wimpy little accent lines on the sides! I'm sickened to have these as our uniforms where the wordmarks are the only saving grace...

Warriors - Horrible identity that pays zero homage to their heritage!

Bobcats - Like the colors but please lose the primary logo!

Wizards - It's time to tap into the full potential of what this identity could be. Heck, even using a headshot of the Magic's mascot "Stuff" as a logo would be worlds better than what they currently have.

Regarding the Nets, I think it would be really cool to maybe see them implement the Brooklyn Bridge in the logo. I think that could look great. There is no way they would keep what they have now.

Tf9TG.jpg

^^^

I agree about Seattle.

But back on topic, here's my list:

LA Clippers--Overhaul everything (even if that means leaving LA), though that likely won't happen.

Oklahoma City--Make orange the main color (or at lease an alt.), add gray and push light blue off to the side. A new logo that makes you think "Thunder" when you see it would help, too.

Memphis--Either replace yellow-gold with red (it would look a lot more like the Tenn. flag) or go brown/light blue.

Houston--Drop silver and add yellow-gold; go a little more tradtional with the uniforms (aka, lose computer fonts)

Dallas--Replace one of blues with kelly green (even navy/kelly would look great), lose computer-ish font.

New York--Drop the black

Boston--Lose the green/black alts.

Minnesota--Drop the black, go green/blue full time again. New logo helps, too.

Utah--Keep one blue, but make kelly/yellow-gold main colors. Merge navy and purple to make indigo, perhaps?

Golden State--Ditch current look, go back to blue/yellow-gold, possibly keep red-orange (as it does represent the Golden Gate Bridge).

Phoenix--Use more traditional design (no number ovals, reduce gray trim on purple/orange unis), drop "PHX" logo. Dare I say, maybe even replace gray with black?

Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, etc.--Use non-blue uniforms as main road unis (in Charlotte's case, make orange alt. next year).

Sorry to get a little color-happy, there. ^_^

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

EDIT: OH MY GOD GUY ABOVE ME DON'T EVER POST LIKE THAT AGAIN

Because of the Utah Jazz, when I was a little kid I always associated the music style with snow-capped mountains.

Funny you mention this. I'm listening to the Dave Holland Quintet's Not For Nothin', some modern fare. It does kinda sound snow-capped. There you go, it works. The Utah Jazz represent cool jazz.

Not a fan of the Bucks' look at all

Oh pfft, those colors are awesome; they never should've given them up in the first place. I'd prefer that they said "Milwaukee" on the road but hey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived