Girl Gone Wild

Jimmy!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey...the girl knew how to get herself on TV, that's for sure.

You think Urban Meyer would have suspended her for that?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

update...she's been suspended

University of New Mexico head women's soccer coach Kit Vela announced today that junior defender Elizabeth Lambert has been suspended indefinitely for her actions in Thursday's match against BYU in the semifinals of the Mountain West Conference Championship in Provo, Utah.

Effective immediately, Lambert is prohibited from participating in all team practices, competition and conditioning activities.

"I am deeply and wholeheartedly regretful for my actions," said Lambert. "My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary from the coaching staff and UNM administration. This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them. I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," said Vela.

"Liz's conduct on the field against BYU was completely inappropriate," said UNM Vice President for Athletics Paul Krebs. "There is no way to defend her actions."

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Three letters: PMS.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

University of New Mexico head women's soccer coach Kit Vela announced today that junior defender Elizabeth Lambert has been suspended indefinitely for her actions in Thursday's match against BYU in the semifinals of the Mountain West Conference Championship in Provo, Utah.

Effective immediately, Lambert is prohibited from participating in all team practices, competition and conditioning activities.

"I am deeply and wholeheartedly regretful for my actions," said Lambert. "My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary from the coaching staff and UNM administration. This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them. I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," said Vela.

"Liz's conduct on the field against BYU was completely inappropriate," said UNM Vice President for Athletics Paul Krebs. "There is no way to defend her actions."

Serves her right. While I'll admit the little elbow that the BYU player gave was a little uncalled for, that Lambert girl went from competitor to bi-otch in an instant. Had I been on the BYU women's soccer team, after the hair pull I probably would have decked her. Either that or gave her some choice words. BTW, why didn't she get a red card sooner?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Sorry, Liz, but it's perfectly indicative of the soccer player that you are. It wasn't just one momentary lapse in sports(wo)manship. It was nice little montage of 5 or so transgressions, most of which could have gotten her sent-off (is that the soccer lingo) in the first place. Now, I don't think she should have to sit more than a game, but still...don't act like this isn't part of who you are as a player when it's clear that it is.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Sadly, I bet a lot of this stuff goes uncalled because the referee can't see it. One referee has to monitor 22 players, plus the ball. Unless it happens right in front of him (or her), or is happening to make a play on the ball, it's not seen.

There were probably multiple TV cameras set up at this game, and I'd bet the network was aware of this player's possible unsportsmanlike play ahead of time.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I imagine a hair pulling like that without a red card would cause a full on riot in any other part of the world. Even the karate chop to the neck near the end could be explained away as "accidental". Man, she had that girl sobbing.

One referee has to monitor 22 players, plus the ball.

You mean three, sometimes four, referees; there are two assistant referees (linesmen) who can spot infractions and inform the center referee. Depending on the league, there is a fourth official who is responsible for organizing the substitutions, policing the technical areas near the benches, etc, and can also assist the center referee. I'm not sure if the NCAA uses three or four.

Surely one of those sets of eyes could have spotted some of that. The hair pull alone should have seen red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I imagine a hair pulling like that without a red card would cause a full on riot in any other part of the world. Even the karate chop to the neck near the end could be explained away as "accidental". Man, she had that girl sobbing.

A head jerk in that context is equivalent to whiplash. I'm not surprised she was sobbing.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'm now a BYU women's soccer fan and it's because of the one BYU player pointing to the scoreboard right in front of her after the game. Nothing the New Mexico bitch did was right, and they lost. FACE.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Serves her right. While I'll admit the little elbow that the BYU player gave was a little uncalled for, that Lambert girl went from competitor to bi-otch in an instant. Had I been on the BYU women's soccer team, after the hair pull I probably would have decked her. Either that or gave her some choice words. BTW, why didn't she get a red card sooner?

Now that would have been an interesting, yet scary, transformation. :P

The first violent foul she committed should have been a red card. End of story.

I understand that there's a whole lot of action to watch, and that some of these could have been missed on the pitch. But all of them? She should have been booked immediately.

Even if they didn't see it, she should have been given a yellow after the hair pull. What, did they ask Lambert about it and she lied? Or did nobody ask why there was a player down on the pitch sobbing?

I understand that there's a whole lot of action to watch, and that some of these could have been missed on the pitch. But all of them? She should have been booked immediately.

Even if they didn't see it, she should have been given a yellow after the hair pull. What, did they ask Lambert about it and she lied? Or did nobody ask why there was a player down on the pitch sobbing?

In this case, a yellow card for intent to injure is not sufficient. Get her off the field, ASAP!

Archived