New Unis

CC97

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics...

According to what I know (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), the Phillies' patch is indeed only on the home unis. Makes sense, since they won't be playing in the new stadium on the road (!).

I should also mention - the Padres new unis are slightly different than what's been "officially" unveiled.

Chris - how'd the (Gray) Jays look in person? I figured you were probably there...

I tried to catch some of the Padres-Dodgers game, but I never saw a close-up of the Pads' numbers. They look a little narrower and I think they have serifs...is this right?

I'm watching the start of MIN-CLE right now. Cleveland looks like they modified the blue jerseys, but the names are red with a white drop shadow while the numbers have a solid white outline. Will someone tell Cleveland you CAN'T READ THE UNIFORMS PLEASE?

Also, it looks like Brad Radke has a patch on his right sleeve. It looks like "Classic" in a handwritten script. Anyone know anything about it?

And finally, I'll have to check my umpires' message board for this one. Pick a color scheme guys!

The umpires used to wear light blue. Then in the mid 90s (1994/95 maybe) they switched to navy blue with red, white & blue trim. It looked very nice. The next year they added red and light blue again. I didn't like red at first, but it's not as bad as I first thought. Then 3 years ago the umpires switch to black. I dunno, maybe to match every other sport? Last year they added cream to the arsenal, which was worn on really hot days. This year in spring training I saw navy blue, black, light blue and gray/silver. So far today I've seen black and light blue (with white numbers --- hello!). I'm confused.

My umpire organization gave us the option of navy a few years ago. I think the navy looks great. I also have light blue and red, to have options when the teams wear navy, or on hot days. But it's going on 5 colors for the umps.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Chris - how'd the (Gray) Jays look in person? I figured you were probably there...

They looked very bland... I'm not looking forward to 81 games of white and silver vs. grey

The new roads look pretty sharp tho, i've seen those on sale around the stadium... i haven't seen the numbers for them yet.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Phils wore the Inaugural Season patch on the homes, but not on the aways. The patch seems to be the only use of this logo, because everywhere else in the new stadium the Phillies used the following logo.

im_trans_cbp_logo_179x148.gif

The memorial patch has a shamrock that says TUG, and then a banner type thing on top of that that says POPE. Paul Owens, Phils GM, coach, etc. was known as the Pope and also passed on this off-season.

The two patches on one sleeve didn't look like too much to me sitting in the stands of beautiful new Citizens Bank Park on Saturday. Before the game I was wondering if they'd wear their home unis since it was still officially spring training. Then not only did they wear their home uniforms, but they wore them with the new memorial patch. I don't think that there were any pics of the memorial patch before the game on Saturday. Maybe I'm wrong.

Overall, I'm pleased with the two patches.

Also, one more interesting note. In their game at Pittsburgh today, the Phils wore regular hats, not the ones that say Opening Day as did most, if not all, other teams. I guess they're saving them for next Monday and the Home Opener. Also, they wore their red jackets today, not the gray away jackets that are new this year. They were selling the gray jackets this weekend at the Phils' team store.

IMO, the Jays uniforms are just ugly. Also, I'm still undecided on the San Diego uniforms. One thing I'm sure of is that they're different. VERY different.

Hey Chris where will you be working for tomorrow's game, I'll try and seek you out.

I'll find out 10 mins before the gates open tomorrow... i was working behind the Tigers bullpen today, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was there again tomorrow.

If not, just ask around (or look) for me, I'm sure someone will know where i am

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The patch on the Twins jersey read Eloise for Eloise Poland the late wife of the owner of the team Carl Poland she past over the winter.

It looks more like an ad than a memorial patch however

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

the jays new hat looks like a hat that used to be black but was left out in the sun and I hope the non gray road trend doesn't catch on, I don't like those padres at all

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

the padres unis looked more yellow to me then khaki.

watching the giants beat the astros tonight :D I noticed that the astros have the all star game logo on thier right sleeve and thier alternate logo (the texas map with the broken star) was in its customary place on the left sleeve.

dont know if this is new or not, but I also noticed that the script on thier home unis have a slight brick red drop shadow now. If this isnt new then Ive never noticed it before.

dont know if this is new or not, but I also noticed that the script on thier home unis have a slight brick red drop shadow now. If this isnt new then Ive never noticed it before.

They've usually got a Gray drop-shadow...don't think it changed, but I didn't see the game...interesting.

Watching the Twins and Indians I realize just how bad the Indians uniforms have become that shade of blue for the hats between navy and royal just bugs me and the smaller logo does not look right they almost look more like knock hats than real mlb hats. Cleveland please go back to the pre 2003 look

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

what looks bad is that new FieldTurf surface they have in the metrodome.

they could have at least made it a more natural green with a full dirt infield like it is in Tropicana Field

instead its the same puke looking green with cutouts around the bases. I know its mainly because they still gotta share the place with the vikings, but still..... :puke:

what looks bad is that new FieldTurf surface they have in the metrodome.

they could have at least made it a more natural green with a full dirt infield like it is in Tropicana Field

instead its the same puke looking green with cutouts around the bases. I know its mainly because they still gotta share the place with the vikings, but still..... :puke:

Especially seeing as though Ben Broussard just caught his foot in it. Hopefully for Tribe fans he's not hurt that bad ... eh, the'll just call up another guy from Buffalo to the Cleveland Bisons.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Archived