New Unis

CC97

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thos padres uniforms hurt the eyes :puke:

Hey does anybody think they could get a good close up view of the Philies Tug patch and the Twins tribute patch for whoever that is.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If nobody can get a close up of the Tug/Pope patch by next Monday, I'll make my best attempt at getting a good shot of one at the Home Opener. I'll be in the second row in left field, so I'll be pretty close. None of my shots from the exhibition are close enough to get a good pic of the patch. At least I got some decent action shots.

My God, those Padres road uniforms are atrocious. It looks like they all swam through a river of puke on the way to the game....I really like the home script, though in the ST game I watched with them it lookd like only the underline had a drop shadow, while the "Padres" script did not. Hopefully this is just on the BP unis, as it looks very awkward.

The Jays look like the Buccaneers of baseball now, and that name font is way too big and Maple Leaf-esqe.

As for The 'Stros, the script looked the same, I'm sure that was the same grey drop-shadow as always. The only thing i hate about their unis is the one-color number uinder the script, it is so distracting. I wish to hell they'd drop it or make it 3-color to match the back numbers.

Watching the Cubs game I found it humorous to see Sammy all de-juiced and slimmed down, I believe he was 0-4 correct? :D

Finally, watching the (painful) opener for my Chisox, what is with KC's alternates? Their is no black in the jersey or hat. When do they wear the black alternates? They need to just drop the damn black...I also noticed new Sox skipper Ozzie Guillen had a "JMG" on his right sleeve which no other Sox players had, I'm guessing he made it himself for a passed family member (G for Guillen).

And that wraps up my opening day observations....CUBS SUCK!!

I actually like the sand Pads unis. They just need a less bland wordmark.

Hey, people hated the Astros rainbow jerseys once upon a time...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Actually I was wondering about KC's use of black this season too.Did they drop the black altogether?Or just on the blue alternates?Got so used to seeing it for three seasons that it almost looks odd right now without it.

98Falcons.png

I like the Jays' UNIS... The hats just look like you could buy them out of a gas station in Alabama... I'd change the hat color to black or their shade of blue and it would be A-OK to me...

The Padres away jerseys, I also like...

The Jays look great. You hard me... GREAT. The graphite is NOT such a harsh move like you all say. I love the numbering... and Catalanotto's jersey looked fine.

The Padres look really bad... but it's just the sand aways. The script though looks great IMO. But like I always am, I admire teams who break from the norm, but... if the're smart, next year they'll be in grey.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The new Jays look is soooo disappointing... it is truly, in a word, bad.

I second that motion...I don't know whether to parade around in my BLUE Jays uni to protest, or to not wear it in protest...I haven't been this dissapointed in a Toronto team since the Argos fired Sculley...

The Padres' jerseys look too Grey Pouponish. They'd look great if they toned down the gold and made the font smaller.

The Jays? What's to say that hasn't been said already. It has so much potential, but the execution is off.

I predict that the Padres wear alternates on the Road ALOT this year and that they come back with something a bit closer to grey next year. :puke:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived