New Unis

CC97

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Mariners pregame today, Rich Waltz was interviewing an Angels reporter, and Rich said he had heard of going back to the LA Angels. The guy from Anaheim (who I assume would know a heck of a lot more about it than Rich) said he had never heard that before, but he wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

And I love the new Padres look, too!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I suppose I will get used to those Padres unis, but that Angles jersey switch just steams me. they finally got it right by switching to the city name script (which EVERY road jersey should have) then they go back. What the hell, I don't care if they're gonna switch identities, they're still the Anaheim Angels for now so keep it the same! One thing I am still dreading is going to opening day next Tuesday and seeing my Sox run out in their pinstriped home unis with blank sleeves. :cry: I will NEVER call it U.S. Cellular Field:cursing: , but I still don't get why they don't slap the diamond logo from the road and alternate on the home jersey, it is a beautiful logo. I also just had a horrible thought: Padres road alternates; navy jerseys with gold pants. Now if only I knew how to do the vomiting smiley....

While I wish there was more blue, I think the Blue Jays uniforms are, at least, tastefully done...of course, I may just be thinking of that because of the all-graphite roads they were originally going to use.

The Padres? Well, it's hardly the first time a team has used Khaki on the road...1937 Brooklyn Dodgers, anyone?

nl_1937_brooklyn.gif

But I agree that they look far too yellow.

The Padres' jerseys look too Grey Pouponish. They'd look great if they toned down the gold and made the font smaller.

The Jays? What's to say that hasn't been said already. It has so much potential, but the execution is off.

No one's gonna like this idea, but maybe if SD went with something closer to beige they'd be okay. As it is, the khaki, although unique, just looks a little...I dunno...women's league? Sorry, Jen, I had to say that.

I think more of a beige, less of a gold, they'd be okay. Maybe they went this route since with the arrival of Petco Park, they wanted to match the kitty litter...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Padres' jerseys look too Grey Pouponish. They'd look great if they toned down the gold and made the font smaller.

The Jays? What's to say that hasn't been said already. It has so much potential, but the execution is off.

No one's gonna like this idea, but maybe if SD went with something closer to beige they'd be okay. As it is, the khaki, although unique, just looks a little...I dunno...women's league? Sorry, Jen, I had to say that.

I think more of a beige, less of a gold, they'd be okay. Maybe they went this route since with the arrival of Petco Park, they wanted to match the kitty litter...

:D

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

:puke:

Go Royals!

i can't say anything bad about the royals.....my 7 year old daughter, for some reason unbeknownst to me, is a royals fan....i even bought her a royals t-shirt and hoodie, despite the stinging pain in my heart when i did it.

Ouch

That Dmitri injury looked nasty I guess he is lucky to be out only 6 weeks it looked like it could be worse by the replay. That injury shows why traitional astroturf has to go.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

On the Mariners pregame today, Rich Waltz was interviewing an Angels reporter, and Rich said he had heard of going back to the LA Angels. The guy from Anaheim (who I assume would know a heck of a lot more about it than Rich) said he had never heard that before, but he wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

And I love the new Padres look, too!

Now Los Angeles Angels sounds killer......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

:puke:

Go Royals!

i can't say anything bad about the royals.....my 7 year old daughter, for some reason unbeknownst to me, is a royals fan....i even bought her a royals t-shirt and hoodie, despite the stinging pain in my heart when i did it.

what a good dad, brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Hello again.

My name is Keith and I live in DC. I've been a faithful, longtime lurker and infrequent poster. Hopefully, I will contribute more in the future. I feel like I know you guys so well and I have the utmost respect for your taste and your passion.

I had to weigh in on this issue, because I truly feel the Padres have made the best redesign in years. Capitalizing on the way the Giants broke out of the white/gray rule, the Padres have finally created a memorable and distinctive visual identity. I will concede that the khaki was stronger than I had expected, but the way that the khaki and navy are used on the logo and helmet, makes for a thing of beauty. The San Diego word mark is at once traditional and inventive. Isn't that what a logo is supposed to be?

I have long been an advocate of non-gray roads. The now unfortunately-gray Blue Jays and my first-love Royals should both be wearing Carolina blue on the road. Heck, I'd like to see the Phils in Maroon and Blue again.

Again, thanks for everything all of you have put into this board and I hope to contribute in the future.

"Jesus is for Losers" - Steve Taylor

Archived