Florida Panthers New 3rd Jersey

fonz

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that 4 the same as the Penguins' 4 (I'm looking at the number font, of course), or has that always been a part of the Panthers' identity, at least since the redesign?

It's a close cousin, at least. The number font the Pens currently use was also previously used by the Lightning for a couple of seasons after they switched from Paintbrush, I believe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a little bit of the Thrashers game last night...the absolute LAST team that the Panthers should wear those things against are the Thrashers. I can imagine a casual fan probably being confused as hell until they saw a close up of the players or saw the logo at center ice...never again, Panthers, please.

Keith Ballard was incensed about this decision as well, though I don't think he reacted properly to Thomas Vokoun's comment that he thought they were "kinda cool."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8LKtFCHXs

Seriously, I know this was a brutal hit, accidental or not. I was very glad to see Vokoun back out on the ice so soon. As a former goalie myself, I was one to abuse my own posts but HATED when others hit them. In lacrosse, a teammate once slammed the post after I let up a goal (his fault of course) and bent his stick - in today's dollars, that'd be about a $100 "mistake" on his part.

d7715851d74fc049ffbbc1b5ecbf6b8a-getty-90953676ja015__ducks_penguins.jpg

491824127c1636d1a5eddfa325b8274e-getty-90956083ja006_penguins_panthers.jpg

Just add a white jersey and THIS looks like one team's uniform set. Not the third jerseys of two teams, one of them having nothing to due with the colours involved.

Great primary logo. Awful work on the jersey and shoulder patches.

Im not upset about this at all. I know the Pens used to wear blue, but their 3rd doesnt match their primaries at all.. so why do the panthers' have to? light blue/navy is the new teal / black. Its a hot color, you cant kill the panthers for wanting to capitalize on that. All in all its a very nice jersey even if it doesnt look like their primaries.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Well lets see....

Lack of originality. Everything, the jersey template, the primary logo, the colours, are all blatantly ripped off from the Pens' third sweater. The primary logo is even worse when you consider that two other teams, Minnesota and St. Louis, have pulled off the "primary in a circle" logo much better then Florida did, with more originality. Not to mention the notches in the primary and alternate crest lettering seems ripped right from Nashville's identity.

Using a scheme that the team has NO history of using. Yeah, the Pens are capitalizing on the double blue trend, but at least the colour scheme is part of their history. So them using it isn't as forced.

Not only that, the same colour scheme is used by division rival Atlanta.

Unnecessary fauxback elements like purposely awkwardly cut numbers. Really Florida?

Terrible logos on top of everything else. The panther head in the main crest pales compared to the primary panther. The Sun/FLA alternate mark looks downright amateurish.

replace the light blue with red or mix red in somewhere and the jersey is fine....maybe change one of the white stripes to red. this is just annoying. the "fla" logo is like something you would find on a knock off jersey you buy in target. a 3 yr old could make that in microsoft word....yes i said word

Miami.png

So let me get this straight: The Panthers debut these things against one double-blue team, then trot them out again for another team that uses the scheme? It's like they aren't even trying to pretend they are original.

50909419.jpg

Anyone see that cheesy ESPN NFL pregame bit Sunday with Martina McBride where she wrote a special song about Jeff Fisher wearing Payton Manning's jersey (which she apparently bought at auction)? She's probably got another potential buyer in the Panthers: "We've got your jersey... we stole your magic... blah blah blah."

At least the Panthers' cheerlea-, um, "ice dancers" know what color is right for the team:

50859082.gif

light blue/navy is the new teal / black. Its a hot color, you cant kill the panthers for wanting to capitalize on that.

Actually, that bald-faced copycatting (as it were) is precisely what we should be killing them for here on a design board. The Jazz and Grizzlies got it too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I actually would have preferred if the Panthers had used teal in place of light blue. At least it would have made sense for the location, if not for the team identity.

I think a Miami Vice tribute jersey would be awesome. Imagine a jersey with all sorts of neon colours...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I actually would have preferred if the Panthers had used teal in place of light blue. At least it would have made sense for the location, if not for the team identity.

I think a Miami Vice tribute jersey would be awesome. Imagine a jersey with all sorts of neon colours...

The players would probably be ticked at having to wear their skates without socks, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived