Florida Panthers New 3rd Jersey

fonz

That entire "alternate logo"--the disappearing sun, the fact that they used "FLA"--bothers me. I know a quasi-moratorium on the use of the word "FAIL" is being passed around in these parts, but that's exactly what that "logo", as well as this entire alternate look, is: a FAIL.

Pretty much like the franchise itself has become. (And that's tough for a native Floridian to say.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as if they made the logos ("new" panther in circle, "FLA") a bit clunky, so that it would look throwback-ish.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Does the way the sun just vanishes once it hits the F bother anyone else? It looks half finished. What was wrong with the sun/crossed palm tree and hockey sticks logo? I always found that one to be quite clever.

Unfortunately, every uniform decision made by the Panthers from about 1999 onward seems to have originated with the statement, "Hey, what we've got now is perfect. Let's change it anyway."

I'm putting the over/under on the minutes between a clear copy of that "FLA" logo getting posted, and a member of these boards posting a modified "FAIL" version, at 5.5. Place your wagers accordingly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I'm in the "ok looking but not for the Panthers" camp.

They're ok, not great. The Sun/FLA logo's just amateurish and inferior to the current alternate mark in every way. Also, for some reason, the difference in panther/jersey colouring bothers me with this sweater in a way that it doesn't on any other Panthers jersey. The yellow jerseys details/gold panther never bothered me before, but on this jersey it just seems pronounced.

d7715851d74fc049ffbbc1b5ecbf6b8a-getty-90953676ja015__ducks_penguins.jpg

491824127c1636d1a5eddfa325b8274e-getty-90956083ja006_penguins_panthers.jpg

"The third jersey is supposed to be different. We evaluated and did an exploration with the club of their concepts and objectives. We wanted to create an identity unique to the Panthers." - Keith Leach, Reebok's Dir. Of Merchandising.

If by different he means adding a colour that doesn't belong to the Panthers at any point in their jersey history or logo...yeah, totally different, lol. Joke of a franchise, what did they do? Study the Penguins jersey sales and figure hey this is a good idea since our team barely makes money and we have as many fans as a CHL junior game, lets do it!

Morons. It looks completely out of place, the last third they had was actually decent, but this? Pathetic.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Penguins alternate = perhaps the best selling jersey in the NHL.

How dare the Panthers try to make money off of their alternates! In all seriousness, I like it. I think it's traditional and something different than the current Panthers set. Isn't that what alternates are for?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

OK. I waited to see actual pictures -- as someone here requested -- but my opinion is the same as when I first saw the sneak peek:

Bad.

I see what they're trying to do by simplifying the look to the point that it could have actually been a previous jersey in an earlier era, but it doesn't work, mainly because it's been done before -- decades ago by the team they have the nerve to debut these against. Seeing those Penguins jerseys side-by-side is borderline embarrassing as a Panthers fan.

It's bad enough they botched the original set. Now they are messing with the Panther? Why not just use the same head? And adding colors to an already full palette. Not a fan of any of this.

Archived