NBA logo switching, not really a concept...

IceCap

It occurred to me that there are some great, iconic logos in the NBA....that, for the most part, are not their team's primary mark. Most of the really good NBA logos are relegated to secondary or alternate status, while a cumbersome logo/wordmark combo gets top billing. Well I decided that a great way to see how much better the NBA would look with these logos in their proper place would be to use Chris' own site format. So with simple screen capturing, cutting and pasting, and some slight tweaking here and there, I present the revised NBA primary logo set....

NBACCSLC1.png

NBACCSLC2.png

NBACCSLC3.png

A few notes....

1. Most of these aren't concepts, I simply replaced primaries with what I felt to be superior secondary and alternate marks. There are exceptions though.
  2. The Washington Wizards have reverted to the Bullets, with a variation of an old Batltimore Bullets logo.
  3. The Utah Jazz's alternate note was used, but I also swapped the navy for purple, giving the team a more unique colour scheme.
  4. The Lakers logo was an updated version someone posted here a few weeks ago. I forget who posted it and who made it, but credit goes to the respective parties, not myself.
  5. The Clippers logo was a concept done by RichNCreamy.
  6. The Suns logo is essentially their current logo with the grey removed.

the hawks one you chose and magic would make for great NFL primaries but there is a difference between football and basketball logos so i dont think they are primaries for basketball. football definitely. also how could you not pick the celtics primary as iconic. it's been around for so long (other than some tweaks in color) and is so great.

Wow... I really like those updated Clippers and Lakers logos. I could actually see the Lakers using the latter, as it matches the wordmark that appears on their road jerseys.

The Lakers have the same wordmark on all 3 of their jerseys.

So.....he is technically right :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Lakers one is about 20 years out of date. They should have changed to that logo, or one like it years ago!!! I have always thought that, and have tried concepts but none have worked for me. The Raptors, Hornets and Timberwolves ones also should have been done, but they are all stupid and decided to keep old(edited) unnecessary logos around.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived