"The Sports Machine" Dismantled

Mac the Knife

George Michael, a sportscaster who was known predominately for a show called "The George Michael Sports Machine," died today at age 70 of cancer.

I never cared for the show personally, but it's a sports-related loss so I figured I'd post the information here for those who liked the program.

wake me up before i go go... :grin:

oh wait wrong george michael.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Man, I wish I was born several decades earlier.

RIP George.

blink.gif

Why?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

RIP George.

blink.gif

Why?

So I could see "The Sports Machine" in its prime.

Oh, that makes total sense now. I also would trade all of these modern conveniences and technologies just so I could watch a low-budget sports highlight show on a 13" black & white TV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

RIP George.

blink.gif

Why?

Oh, that makes total sense now. I also would trade all of these modern conveniences and technologies just so I could watch a low-budget sports highlight show on a 13" black & white TV.

It's not like it wasn't on recently. I've seen the show several times and I'm only 22. It's not worth wishing to be born several decades earlier, it wasn't that great a show. Your standard sportcenter episode was just as good. Actually, you guys don't need to go back several decades or use black and white TV's, the Sports machine aired from 1984 through 2007. I just looked it up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

RIP George.

blink.gif

Why?

Why not just YouTube that :censored:?

You're not missing much. The Sports Machine was maybe a notch above your local Channel 3 sportscast.

6uXNWAo.png

You guys may remember him from the Sports Machine, however I most recently remember him from the recent Redskins shows on NBC4. the "Insert Coaches Name Here Show" he anchored with John Riggins, Sonny Jurgensen, and Michael Wilbon used to be a weekly staple for me and other Redskins fans. He was a dick, and a blowhard, but still sad to see someone from the local sports scene pass on from that awful disease (cancer).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived