Urban Meyer resigns

NJTank

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hey, everybody! There's a :censored: cloud comin'!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't really know who he was but from what I read in the paper he was a piece of human garbage but at least it earned me 20 points in the pool.

Oh, he's not dead. That's what I get for trying to fit in.

Does this have anything to do with the dehydration that happened a few weeks ago?

In a way, yeah. They're saying that he's resigning because of health reasons. That incident a few weeks ago might of been a signal to Meyer that he may need to focus of getting healthy soon.

This is huge for the college football landscape. Florida is a perennial powerhouse and has been a recruiting machine under Meyer. With Tebow and Meyer both gone next season, it will be interesting to see if Florida can keep pace with the rest of the SEC.

My best wishes for Coach Meyer and his family. I hope that whatever it is that's keeping him out (my guess would be some type of cancer, given his relatively young age of 45) is taken care of in a hurry and that he can get back to doing what nobody else does better: coach football.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I hate to be so cynical but I'm with SodBoy on this. I bet there's a :censored: storm of biblical proportions working it's way towards The University of Florida right now.

I too have a feeling that this could be the case.

Unless dehydration has become a euphemism for "heart attack", I too suspect that the NCAA infractocrats are mobilizing as we speak.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well that came out of nowhere.

It's a damn shame, but Tiger Woods' situation is always going to make people think in their heads that "There's gotta be more to this..." I hope it's truly because it was taking a toll on his health & family life. There's plenty of coaches that wouldn't do what Urban just did, so I guess I applaud him for doing so before it absolutely consumed him.

Once again, I hope it's just that. I hope that this won't be TMZ Sports' first huge story, or that there wasn't some rulebreaking goin' down in Gainesville.

"Hey, everybody! There's a :censored: cloud comin'!"

That's my favorite line from Kingpin...

"A huge cloud of :censored: ? I think I can smell it already!"

Whether Irvin Myers cheated or not, him leaving Gainesville makes this UGA fan happy. Hopefully Charlie Strong isn't tempted to leave Louisville so soon....

Wait and see. Our cynicism is going to bite us in the ass on this one. When Tiger Woods hit the tree we were gushing like little girls with the well wishes. Turns out we were way off base on that one. Now Urban Meyer steps down for health reasons and the majority of us think that's the last reason he stepped down. How funny will it be when he makes us look like idiots?

Oh well, I am sticking with the "Meyer's getting out of town one step ahead of the posse" theory until it's proven otherwise.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I hate to be so cynical but I'm with SodBoy on this. I bet there's a :censored: storm of biblical proportions working it's way towards The University of Florida right now.

I do think its health related. At least thats what the article on ESPN, that I read said. He supposedly going to be coaching in the bowl game on January 1st. If it was something else I would thing that he'd resign immediately.

It's a real shame if it is health and I hope everything turns out ok. Meyer was pretty young and looked to be on his way to an historic coaching career.

Wait and see. Our cynicism is going to bite us in the ass on this one. When Tiger Woods hit the tree we were gushing like little girls with the well wishes. Turns out we were way off base on that one. Now Urban Meyer steps down for health reasons and the majority of us think that's the last reason he stepped down. How funny will it be when he makes us look like idiots?

Oh well, I am sticking with the "Meyer's getting out of town one step ahead of the posse" theory until it's proven otherwise.

I agree. In the world of football, a team becomes a powerhouse fast, like Florida and Montana. They stay up there for a while, 4-5 years. Then they fall. HARD. Coaches usually have a good idea of when that will happen, and im guessing for Florida, thats next year. For Montana its going to be the 2011-2012 season. I trust Meyer on this decision

I agree. In the world of football, a team becomes a powerhouse fast, like Florida and Montana. They stay up there for a while, 4-5 years. Then they fall. HARD. Coaches usually have a good idea of when that will happen, and im guessing for Florida, thats next year. For Montana its going to be the 2011-2012 season. I trust Meyer on this decision

Ummmm....slappy? When was Texas's "fall"? When was Ohio State's "fall" or Oklahoma's "fall?" (don't say this season-Bradford stays healthy and that squad has 10+ wins again) Meyer had what some considered to be a top recruiting class coming in this season; they may have lost a game or two this coming season, but not 4 or 5, and certainly not 4 or 5 for a few consecutive years.

That said, Florio, who I take with a huge grain of salt, reports that Meyer told his players it was a heart condition.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LOL, was Montana just mentioned in the same sentence as Florida? Seriously?

Also, anyone think Brian Kelly is trying to figure out how to get out of his ND contract so he can throw his name in the hat for UF? (assuming UF doesn't look in-house. I know next to nothing about college football, so I have no idea who's in line for the job.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, anyone think Brian Kelly is trying to figure out how to get out of his ND contract so he can throw his name in the hat for UF? (assuming UF doesn't look in-house. I know next to nothing about college football, so I have no idea who's in line for the job.)

Tim Tebow could be looking for work, assuming his NFL career doesn't pan out...like most experts are predicting.

As much as I dislike Florida, I think they've been running a clean program. I'd love to be wrong about that, though....

Archived