Georgia Tech Orange Bowl Jerseys...

RamblinGamblinTiger

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can see, I like them a lot more than what they currently have. I may have just missed it, but are they wearing different pants?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I was one of the few that liked the Georgia Tech uniforms they wore the past two years. I thought it had tasteful piping without going over the top. If they were going to change it, I would have only been happy if they went back to a more traditional design like they used before.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm like you Billy B, I actually liked their jerseys prior to the Orange Bowl. I thought it was a unique look that was pretty appealing. I consider this a downgrade.

I consider this new jersey and the one before it downgrades from what they had. Not sure what got into Russell, but all of their sideline gear looks like crap and most of their jersey designs these days also look like crap.

If I was a Georgia Tech fan, I'd be miffed, considering that the Yellow Jackets had great uniforms at one time.

You know, I just noticed that all the helmets I have seen for both teams have the Orange Bowl shield on the fronts instead of the backs. Are they trying something new here? if they are it will be a terrible trend IMO. it just doesn't look right.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

446434.jpg

Yeah, I'm a Dawg fan...

but, this is my favorite football uniform ever! 100x better than the junk they wear now

These were one of my favorite in football. The new ones are ok. Being that I have seen a lot of high schools in my area go to this temptlate hurts it.

oregonsig.png

I like them, and I liked the white jerseys and white pants from their previous set, but I think this is a definate upgrade. At least they didn't completely steal the Falcon's template like Adidas did for NC State a couple years back.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Taking more time to look at them and watching them in action Im starting to like these better than the set they wore the last two seasons.

On a side note does it look like the pants stripe for Iowa comes to like a point between the thigh and knee pads? Havent been able to see a lot of Iowa games the last few seasons so I dont know if they have always looked like that or not... It may just be the way the seems line up after the leg paddings have been put in...

EDIT: After looking up some photos it does look like the stripe has sort of a point halfway down pointing to the front of the pants. Another question... What does the circle sticker on the right side of Iowas helmets mean?

oregonsig.png

Archived