Super Bowl XLIV Field

JQK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about doing one with a gold Saints end zone and black lettering. Im sure George Toma and crew will use black like you have. I like your lettering size also. I just wish they were consistant. XL,XLI and XLIII had LARGE on one end and small on the other. Also, I think Super Bowl XXXVII should have had Tampa's end zone in a pewter color with red lettering instead red with black. Im might do some concepts when I get home tonight.

iq5b7nF.png

Personally, I'd like to see the NFL go back to the tradition of having two helmets in each end zone (one is the team's helmet with the helmet logo on it, the other is the team's helmet with the conference logo on it)

bYhYmxh.png

Super-Bowl-XLIV-field.png

Great job, JQK. However, I would have done the Colts lettering and horseshoe logo in white instead of the gray that you have. Except for the facemasks, the Colts do not have any gray on their uniforms, and that shade of gray reminds me of the pants the Colts used with the single blue stripe and horseshoe with player number on the inside on each side of the pants that were used during the Frank Kush era of the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts. This was the uniform that the Colts used in their last days in Baltimore and their first years in Indy.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Looks pretty good, but that Saints logo has like four outlines.

Yes, the Saints logo never uses a white keyline when placed on a solid black background. The outermost black line simply 'disappears' into the background. The Lions' logo does this as well. On a black background, you simply have a blue lion with a white outline, and it looks great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It seems that if the "Official" wordmark included the City name, it was used in the Super Bowl end zone. "Seattle Seahawks" was used along with "Arizona Cardinals". I would imagine if Atlanta made it, their word mark would read as "Atlanta Falcons". I personally don not like that at all.

It won't happen, but I think the Saints' end zone would look cool with just FDLs going straight across it (maybe even getting cut off on the sides, like it's never ending).

The Colts' might look cool with just horseshoes too. Not as sure about that one as I am about the Saints'.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived