XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The skip for Canada's women's team is a definite Milf....

capt.olycu12902172121.vancouver_olympics_curling_olycu129.jpg

You have obviously never seen Jennifer Jones:

Blondes just don't do it for me. Plus, she's a loser....didn't even make the Olympics.

Oh, my mistake... I must have accidentally stumbled upon the 'Babe of the Week' thread. :D

We're guys...you expected something else? We'll forget who these ladies are come March, anyway...

Brad Lidge John Shuster is back in the lineup today for the US against Sweden. He's still the skip, but instead of being the Fourth, he's the Third.

Hopefully he gains some confidence today. Right now, going by body language, he doesn't have the look of having any confidence.

Blondes just don't do it for me. Plus, she's a loser....didn't even make the Olympics.

... She just won her third Scotties Tournament of Hearts a couple weeks ago. She is only the third skip to ever accomplish such a feat.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Apparently, Olympic bronze medals make good phallic symbols/substitutes:

American halfpipe bronze medalist Scotty Lago volunteered to leave the Olympics on Friday after risque pictures of him showed up on the Internet.

Lago, who was awarded his bronze medal Thursday night, was at a party, wearing a Team USA T-shirt when somebody snapped a photo of a woman kneeling below Lago's waist to kiss his medal. That picture, and another showing him sticking the medal in the woman's mouth while teammate Greg Bretz looks on, appeared Friday on the TMZ Web site.

At least Lago found some use for his bronze medal, and didn't just throw it away like Ara Abrahamian in Beijing.

CCSLC signature.png

... She just won her third Scotties Tournament of Hearts a couple weeks ago. She is only the third skip to ever accomplish such a feat.

That second sentence was facetious.

John Shuster is back in the lineup today for the US against Sweden.

What? Is Grady Little managing this team or something? :mad:

Tnak says it's Willie Randolph managing this team.

Looks like Russia won't appeal Lysacek's Gold:

MSNBC's Article

wow, what a snobbish poor loser

So if he appealed he wouldn't be a poor loser?

He does have a point. His routine had the more difficult jumps and combinations. But because he did them in the first half instead of the second half he didn't get the bonus that the American got. He did know the scoring system so he can't really complain. It's more a complaint to the ISU rather than the competitors.

1zqy8ok.gif

Looks like Russia won't appeal Lysacek's Gold:

MSNBC's Article

wow, what a snobbish poor loser

So if he appealed he wouldn't be a poor loser?

He does have a point. His routine had the more difficult jumps and combinations. But because he did them in the first half instead of the second half he didn't get the bonus that the American got. He did know the scoring system so he can't really complain. It's more a complaint to the ISU rather than the competitors.

I definitely agree with you, he just comes off as a snob in the article. Both were great on the ice and too close too call. But instead of putting down your competitor who beat you by a mere point, you should be complaining to the judges.

It's now 3-3. The Swiss allowed more goals to Norway than they did to Canada... go figure. Andrea Fischbacher wins the women's Super G and Simon Ammann just flew over the competition in the large hill ski jump

I saw, I came, I left.

You know that's the problem with judged events its all subjective

couldnt've said it any better , thats exactly it .

Sprry to be a pedant, but this isn't entirely true. Judges are often given very technical instructions as to how to mark and want to mark down for and want to mark up for. (position of arms/hands, tightness of spin etc as examples in figure skating).

Though i do largely agree with the concept that sports where there is not a specific goal somehow are not very satisfying.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah but one person's eyes will have a different view than another and Thursday's contest was so tight one judge can be the difference. When you have a timed event the clock does not have an opinion, distance evens the same thing, and when there is a clear goal to be scored you get a definite winner. However, events like Figure Skating, or Diving and Gymnastics will always have these controversies.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

He does have a point.

It isn't a cut-and-dry point, though. Why? Because...

His routine had the more difficult jumps and combinations. But because he did them in the first half instead of the second half he didn't get the bonus that the American got.

Further, he didn't land said jumps as cleanly, or link said combinations as smoothly as Lysacek did his.

He did know the scoring system so he can't really complain.

Bingo!

Archived