XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does it feel to be dominated?

How 'bout you get back to me in about a week seeing as the olympics are far from over.

I guess you missed the press release. ;)

Canada concedes medal race to USA

I guess you missed my point.

I think he got it. I think he was just joking. You said the Olympics are far from over, and he cited a press release saying that Canada couldn't catch the US in total medals. You know, Games over.

How does it feel to be dominated?

How 'bout you get back to me in about a week seeing as the olympics are far from over.

I guess you missed the press release. ;)

Canada concedes medal race to USA

I guess you missed my point.

I think he got it. I think he was just joking. You said the Olympics are far from over, and he cited a press release saying that Canada couldn't catch the US in total medals. You know, Games over.

Well, there are the Germans... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Tonight must be a slow night in the competition - NBC just killed the first 5 or so minutes of their prime time coverage by showing us Bob Costas's seaplane landing. Lame.

Thankfully it's the last night of figure skating. Seems like thats the only thing they showed on prime time last week.

Thankfully it's the last night of figure skating.

Have the individual women went yet? Don't think they have.

Wow really? I will never understand why they show it on prime time NBC, show it on MSNBC, or even USA. No one really cares about "ice dancing"

And now they've got Michael Freakin' Phelps on as a guest! It really is a slow night. Maybe they should have him jump in the harbor and challenge the seaplane to a match race, a la Seabiscuit vs. War Admiral.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow really? I will never understand why they show it on prime time NBC, show it on MSNBC, or even USA. No one really cares about "ice dancing"

Women do. The Olympics are marketed towards primarily female viewers. It's a fact (I have seen it in print before, don't remember where).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Women do. The Olympics are marketed towards primarily female viewers. It's a fact (I have seen it in print before, don't remember where).

Some people in San Francisco care too, but I couldn't believe that the big hockey game was on MSNBC last night...

You know what I don't understand. What is the difference between Pairs Figure Skating and Ice Dancing?

It looks the same to me.

I wish that the Women's USA Hockey Semi against Sweden was in Primetime, at least 24 was good tonight.

BTW yes Schuster you're play has been a disaster. Sorry had to talk to the TV for a second.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From Wikipedia:

Ice dance differs from pair skating by having different requirements for lifts, requiring spins to be performed as a team in a dance hold, and by disallowing throws and jumps. Typically, partners are not supposed to separate by more than two arm lengths; originally, partners were supposed to be in a dance hold the entire program. This restriction has been lifted somewhat in modern ice dancing.

Another distinction between ice dance and other disciplines of skating is the usage of music in the performances; in ice dancing, dancers must always skate to music that has a definite beat or rhythm. Singles and pair skaters more often skate to the melody and phrasing of their music, rather than its beat; this is severely penalized in ice dance.

philly.png

I don't care what people say. Ice Dancing has won me over. I love the originality of the routines. A bottle of rum, and ice dancing makes for a good Monday night! :grin:

...And how bout that Madeline Dupont, the curler for Denmark. I think I'm in love.

I'm looking at the list of compositions... where else would you hear Symphony No 7 and 9 by Beethoven for one pair, then have Nothing Else Matters by Metallica for another and Schindler's List, coincidently by an Israeli pair?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived