New York Gargoyles Logo, UPDATE - Version 4

scottysprings

Thanks for all the feedback again everyone, I really appreciate it. As suggested I thickened up the shading once again and made some other tweaks to hopefully make the logo more dynamic. Here is the updated logo in the four color schemes I've narrowed it down to, based upon all your recommendations. Let me know what you think!

Untitled-3-1.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either one on the left. I like the Patina Green better than the bronze though, although a bronze uniform would be cool. I think you still need to use the outline color as your shading color and combine the outline and shading more (work your darker bronze on the grotesque into the outline, then have a base bronze color, then the lighter bronze highlight should be white, and butt up right next to the outline. That will really set this logo apart in my opinion.

I would also like to see a more art deco type wordmark. Start off with an art deco-esque font and customize it to look great with the logo, or hand draw one as well.

Great work so far.

You should probably lose the highlight color. I think it overcomplicates it. If you go with a or c, you would have 4 shades of the same color in the logo. To be honest you could probably lose the shadow color also and just have a two color design, but three colors would definitely be enough.

I would go with b.

Alrighty guys, I put in a few more hours of work on this and here's what I got. Biggest change is the new typeface which I hand-drew in Illustrator (I'm pretty proud of it too :P). I was going for the art deco feel that's been mentioned a few times throughout the thread. I also eliminated the color that was used for shading from the design and used the dark outline color in its place, as well as making the brighter color white and modifying the shading paths a bit. I don't think there's much else to say as far as changes go but I'm quite happy with how this has come along. Thanks again for all the feedback thus far, I really appreciate it.

Untitled-6.png

A because of the patina color. I still want to see the shadows merge with the outline though, but it is definitely looking damn good now.

Also a minor nit pick on the font...the S looks too skinny compared to the rest of the letter forms.

I vote B...but with the previous script. That one read better than this more recent one.

This thing here is coming along GREAT, btw.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived