2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

Not be owned by a league with a vested interest in selling them this summer would help. Suspicion of a league that welcomes more white-collar criminals than a low-security prison is not beyond the pale.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory but you will say that the NHL wants this team to succeed so they can turn a profit on selling them and that they are full of crooks. How is that not a conspiracy theory? Especially when you offer no proof of the Coyotes getting favors from the refs but instead just say "oh the refereeing in the NHL sucks all the time".

Here's why the Coyotes don't completely suck like you think they deserve to, it's really simple:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468524

1zgyd8w.jpg

So you wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory but you will say that the NHL wants this team to succeed so they can turn a profit on selling them and that they are full of crooks. How is that not a conspiracy theory?

1) Of course the NHL does want the team to succeed because they bought the team in order to prevent it from failing, and hope to sell it to a local owner for more than they paid. Of course that's what they want to do. They've all but said it. What else would they hope comes out of this situation? Wanting the team to fail so they can sell it at a loss? Use your head.

2) It pretty much is a league of crooks, past, present, and future. Being the #4 league as it is, it will always be the path of least resistance, and will thus forever be populated by gutter scum like John Spanos, or Boots Del Biaggio, or Henry Samueli, or Bruce McNall, or anyone else I missed. Face it, this is a league that thinks due diligence is the condensation that develops on a pickle. Watch them sell this team to the empty-pocketed Ice Edge, at which point things will really get salty.

EDIT: L-O-effing-L at the Anthem Roar somehow developing to drown out a bunch of grade schoolers. Awesome. When you own the team, you might as well own the crowd, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All I'm going to say is that I'm glad that there are no shootouts in the playoffs 'cause the Wings suck at them.

Yeah, whats up with that?

You'd think a team that could have Datsyuk and Zetterberg be two of their shooters that they would better than 4&9 in the shootout.

-Dan

IMO, they get too conservative on their shots. Datsyuk, Franzen, and Filpulla have some of the sickest handles in the league, but when they get to the shootout they go vanilla and put it on net. Also, Howard and Osgood are great positional netminders, but when they have to face someone coming down at them uncontested, one move and their done.

The more I see the Bruins wear the Winter Classic jerseys, the more I love them! I want to get a Dennis Wideman one ASAP! This is gonna be a huge win for the B's if they can hold onto it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I swear the NHL doesn't want the Wings to miss.

Obviously the NHL wants the Wings in the playoffs. Would the MLB want the Yankees to miss the postseason or the NFL hope the Cowboys miss the wildcard? However, whatever does that have to do with scoring 2 goals in consecutive games as time expires?

Also, hilarity from Flames fans: http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=88841&page=28

And any conspiracy theory for the Wings has gone out the window this season after some of these breaks:

After 8 minutes, the Sharks are down 2-0 to the Oilers. THE 2009/10 OILERS.

Yeah, the Coyotes are gonna catch them.

The Coyotes are going into OT with the Stars and that would mean a point that would tie with the Sharks with 96 each.

Archived