Reebok F**** up Devils Green Jersey

Bobby 21

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me, or does the uniform actually have a flat bottom? Maybe the NHL, or Reebok, is wising up. :therock:

I guess you didn't notice that it ISN'T an Edge and that Reebok already has a Vintage jersey in use this season - the Flames' third.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I inferred that by noticing it had a straight hem, he noticed it wasn't an Edge. It would be nice if they abandoned that ducktail idea, or if they never came up with it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As much as I love that color combo, and it brings up memories of when I was a kid watching Alain Chevrerier (sp?) and Chris Terreri get scored on by Tim Kerr and Brian Propp, IMO the current Devils colors and uniforms are as close to perfect as you can get. Their logo is amazing, and red with black just fits a team named Devils. I'd love for that color combo to make a comeback (more than how Minnesota uses it) though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking of rare goaltender numbers, I love that Martin Biron was barred from wearing #00 because it crashed the NHL's statistics program. This, the topic of Chapter 53 in the upcoming book Only the Goddamned NHL.

Correct. Reebok bought CCM several years ago, and now owns the CCM, Koho, and Jofa brands.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I still don't understand all the love for that look. It was terrible, and remains so. The red-and-black look makes more sense and simply looks better. Hell, the Devils looked nigh perfect before the Edgeification, and even that didn't ruin the look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Speaking of rare goaltender numbers, I love that Martin Biron was barred from wearing #00 because it crashed the NHL's statistics program. This, the topic of Chapter 53 in the upcoming book Only the Goddamned NHL.

Can I pre-order this book? It sounds like a winner.

As for the number fonts on the new ones being "incorrect", it all really depends on what they wear on them during the throwback game this year.

There could be two "right" ways to customize that jersey after the game is played. Yes, it would be preferred that if they wear a throwback jersey they customize it with throwback specs, but if they take the lazy way out and put the current numbers on the retro jersey, then they have (rightly or wrongly) created a second "correct" way to have they jersey lettered with the current lineup.

Personally, I'd opt for an old player with the old specs. And a NHL 75th Anniversary patch.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Word on the street is the Devils will wear an Edge version of this jersey on-ice.

the replica version for sale, that is being shown in this post, is a non-edge CCM 550 jersey.

There are no plans to sell and Edge authentic that I've heard of.

Personally, I'd opt for an old player with the old specs. And a NHL 75th Anniversary patch.

Me too. And there's a lot of fine players to choose from on that '91-'92 Devils squad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I still don't understand all the love for that look. It was terrible, and remains so. The red-and-black look makes more sense and simply looks better. Hell, the Devils looked nigh perfect before the Edgeification, and even that didn't ruin the look.

Maybe the sweaters themselves were a little clumsy, but using green rather than black gave them their own color scheme in the league (Blackhawks have done red/black longer/better) and could be branded as a local "Pine Barrens Green" or seen as a tacit tribute to North Jersey's sizable Italian population. In the context of a team called the Devils, red and black makes sense (though there is the admittedly inescapable mixed metaphor between the Jersey Devil of local folklore and The Big Guy Allegedly Downstairs), and they look pretty good with what they have now, it's just that the green would've given some endearing idiosyncrasy to an organization that severely needs it.

Archived