2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

DAMN YOU Murray State.

Two first round exits out of the 4 slot in three years for the 'Dores.

Took out one of my Sweet 16 too.

As much as I love rooting for underdogs and upsets, It gets me angry at my bracket lol

If you didn't have a bracket, then you would not care about the first round. Heck, many people would not even care about the tournament at all.

There are a few factors: my youth then, love of the game, players were around for at least two seasons... but it's somewhat sad for me to realize that if asked, I could name at least three starters from most of the Final Four teams in the 80's and 90's, but for most teams of the 2000's, I have no clue except for the UNC teams.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the list of the annouce crews. The initial pair is for CBS TV, the second (parenthesis) is for Westwood One Radio. The radio crews are as good, if not better than the CBS crews. Did JT II move to the Providence region, though?

New Orleans: Dick Enberg/Jay Bilas (Kevin Kugler/Will Perdue)

Providence: Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery (Bob Papa/Pete Gillen)

Oklahoma City: Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner (Brad Sham/Reid Gettys)

San Jose: Spero Dedes/Bob Wenzel (Ted Robinson/Bill Frieder)

Jacksonville: Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg (Gary Cohen/Kevin Grevey)

Buffalo: Gus Johnson/Len Elmore (Mark Champion/Kyle Macy)

Milwaukee: Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel (Wayne Larrivee/John Thompson)

Spokane: Tim Brando/Mike Gminski (Dave Sims/P.J. Carlesimo)

Spero is much better on radio than on CBS. Verne and Bill are their best and have great rapport over the years.

#14 Ohio up 12 on #3 Georgetown at the half.

48 points in a half are the most they have allowed all season. I have them in my Final Four, so they better get ratchet it up, but you do not expect that a GT team cannot adapt.

What I can't get over is Ohio was a 9 seed in the MAC Tournament.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

#14 Ohio up 12 on #3 Georgetown at the half.

This better not hold true.

My Sweet 16 is going through a beating today if so. Not just in results, but in scares, ugh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Two upsets and possibly a third as the 14 seeded Bearkats of Sam Houston are tied with 3 seeded Baylor Bears in the Battle of Texas.

EDIT: And as I say that Sam Houston is literally giving this game to Baylor.

This is all Baylor now, damn, would have loved to see another upset

SHSU runs a triangle and two on defense, so it is easy to me to see that Baylor (or any team) would have issues with it in play for the first 20 minutes. ODU will attempt to "out-athlete" them on Saturday, but Baylor has studs.

The "out-athlete" term could be said for the upcoming Butler/Murray St. game.

In TV terms, is KGB really looking to capitalize on the female audience who missed "The Young & The Restless", but likes NCAA hoops? Then again, who is the NCAA version of "Victor Newman"...Calipari? Pitino? Krzyzewski? Frank Martin? Tim Floyd?

The youthful Wildcats of Kentucky are just running shoot around on the ETSU Bucs.

the first 8v9 game of the day between UNLV & Northern Iowa is setting up to be a great game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So far, so good for me bracket wise except for the two that weren't supposed to win, to which I say Buck Futler and Muck Furray State.

Northern Iowa and UNLV is a back and forth battle. Ohio is gunning to be the first 14 seed since '06 to win and Kentucky... Well, they're Kentucky.

Fair to say the madness is well underway.

Two thoughts:

1. I'm not likely to care about your (your as in everyone's) particular bracket. Perhaps we can have a separate thread dedicated to your bracket hits and misses? We get it. Some of your picks were right and some were wrong.

2. It looks like fielding a bunch of three-point-shooting white kids is a recipe to get to the second round in the NCAA tournament. Why does it seldom work to go further?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2. It looks like fielding a bunch of three-point-shooting white kids is a recipe to get to the second round in the NCAA tournament. Why does it seldom work to go further?

Because teams will have time to watch the game footage and study on a certain team's tendencies during that off day along with practice.

Speaking of white guys making 3's to get out the first round

Northern Iowa hits an NBA-length dagger 3-pointer to take the lead at 69-66 over UNLV.

Ball tipped out of bounds by UNI with 1.6 seconds left. UNLV takes a timeout.

This is a great and even game.

EDIT: And UNLV doesnt even get the shot off in time.

Northern Iowa wins and will face Kansas (sorry Lehigh).

It's awesome that the local CBS affiliate is airing different games on the HD channels (7.1 and 7.2). Less awesome that they're both airing No. Iowa/UNLV, when I much more enjoyed UW/Marquette and Georgetown/Ohio.

Still pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Washington is on the comeback trail against Marquette.

Down by 4 with under 10 minutes to play.

C'mon Pac-10! Make up for that horrible regular season.

A banner day for the Big East!

Wear your Big East Conference shirt with pride! (?)

It looks like fielding a bunch of three-point-shooting white kids is a recipe to get to the second round in the NCAA tournament. Why does it seldom work to go further?

Good question. They should use the NBA three-point line. That would take away some of the living and dying by the three.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A banner day for the Big East!

I know, I bet they readjust the Tournament next year and go back to just the top 12 making it and end the double bye fiasco.

I had G-Town in the Elite 8.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived