2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really looked at the brackets yet since I was away on a mini vacation. But I'm tempted to pick Vermont over Syracuse. I'm afraid to do it, becuase I know if I do Syracuse will go to the final four. I just have a feeling Vermont will be the first 16 seed to win a tourny game.

I haven't really looked at the brackets yet since I was away on a mini vacation. But I'm tempted to pick Vermont over Syracuse. I'm afraid to do it, becuase I know if I do Syracuse will go to the final four. I just have a feeling Vermont will be the first 16 seed to win a tourny game.

As you know, a #16 has never beaten a #1. That's bracket suicide right there. Let's say Vermont pulls off a miracle and wins -- what are the odds of them making it out of the next round? Bad, especially compared to Syracuse's chances. You're basically giving up automatic points, since Syracuse is very likely to make the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, to get one point for that upset. The first round doesn't win or lose brackets, picking teams in the Elite 8, Final Four, and Championship game do, and as a one seed, Syracuse has as good a chance as any to make it that far. That's giving up a lot of potential points to pick up one.

There's no Taylor Coppenrath this time around.

IUe6Hvh.png

As you know, a #16 has never beaten a #1. That's bracket suicide right there. Let's say Vermont pulls off a miracle and wins -- what are the odds of them making it out of the next round? Bad, especially compared to Syracuse's chances. You're basically giving up automatic points, since Syracuse is very likely to make the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, to get one point for that upset. The first round doesn't win or lose brackets, picking teams in the Elite 8, Final Four, and Championship game do, and as a one seed, Syracuse has as good a chance as any to make it that far. That's giving up a lot of potential points to pick up one.

There's no Taylor Coppenrath this time around.

Yea I know, I just figured it would be cool if I called it. I'm not really do any money brackets this year and I've watched almost no basketball this year. So I figured I'd just go wild with my bracket and hope my ignorance would wind up being an advantage.

Here were the reasons I think Vermont will beat Syracuse:

1.) Vermont beat Syracuse in 2005. I know that was a better Vermont team and worse Syracuse team and all different players. But history tends to come back regardless.

2.) The Onuaku injury is going to hurt. The Orange only played 7 players and just lost one of them. I think the other starters will tire and whoever fills in wont play well.

3.) Vermont's Maurice Joseph is Syracuse's Kris Joseph's older brother. This is sort of an X-factor for me. It doesn't really mean anything, but I read it yesterday and it reassured me of the upset for some reason. Who knows maybe Maurice will carry Vermont to one up his little bro.

That is a good point about the first round not mattering. I'm not sure what I'll do yet when I make my bracket later this afternoon.

ESPN has coined it Barack-etology.

President Obama's Bracket, Remember last year he correctly picked North Carolina.

A whole lot of chalk in that bracket

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My bracket is alarmingly similar to Obama's

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

ESPN has coined it Barack-etology.

President Obama's Bracket, Remember last year he correctly picked North Carolina.

A whole lot of chalk in that bracket

Rock-Chalk?

Also, Barack can't spell Syracuse.

I'm quite sure the Syracuse Post-Standard will end up devoting a page long article on Obama's misspelling. Thank goodness I'm on Long Island this week

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

My bracket is alarmingly similar to Obama's

Yeah same here, although I don't think he did that bad last year, so maybe thats not a bad thing.

We got a #15 v #2 game going with Robert Morris with a 19-13 lead, could we be seeing an upset?

Yes still in the first half, but Robert Morris has been outplaying Villanova

Just a heads up, you can use this link to stream all of the games. Just in case we've got some people at work that don't wanna be productive today.

Da Lawd shall bless thee, friend.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived