2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More irony...Flyers were eliminated from last year's playoffs, losing the clinching game 4-3 at home after leading the game 3-0

Crosby empty netted a 5th. So it was 5-3.

Also: Teams that win the Winter Classic have now gone on to lose the Stanley Cup Final or blow a 3-0 series lead, which I do find pretty funny.

Youre right, but they still blew the same size lead. At least I now know what it feels like to be on the other side.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

NBC's dream: Sharks-Canadiens ^_^

Wrong. NBC could care less about Montreal. PHL/CHI is the bout which they would now like from the remaining four.

HEY YO. Grow a damn sense of humor will you.

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Picks: Sharks in 7; Habs in 6 B)

To add to the pet peeve complaining of not knowing what "irony" is, I'd like to add the following:

"COULDN'T CARE LESS!" Stop saying "COULD CARE LESS" because it makes no ****ing sense. If you "could care less" it means you actually do care and have room to care less. When you "couldn't care less" that means your care level is so low it cannot go any lower. Learn engrish!

/rant.

English.

And the Blackhawks take Game 1 of what is effectively the Stanley Cup Finals. Whoever wins the West will steamroll the Eastern champ in 4.

I love how absolute you are, did you say the Caps WILL beat the Habs? Or the Pens WILL beat the Habs? This isnt the NBA.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Heart rate. hoo boy.

Willmorris, while this is the meeting of the best two teams from the superior conference, your declaration that the Bruins won Game 7 six minutes into the game disqualifies you from proclaiming anything more uncertain than a sunrise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Heart rate. hoo boy.

Willmorris, while this is the meeting of the best two teams from the superior conference, your declaration that the Bruins won Game 7 six minutes into the game disqualifies you from proclaiming anything more uncertain than a sunrise.

Yeah, thats the only reason you dont trust his picks?

And uh, that Niemi kid knows his way around a hockey goal

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Chicago takes Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals with a 2-1 win over San Jose.

The Blackhawks can't celebrate yet, and nor should the Sharks worry yet. It's only Game 1. Should the Sharks fall 0-2, then you might see some panic in their eyes heading to the United Center.

I think anyone that was putting Niemi as a question mark in goal for Chicago can scratch that one out. He played phenomenal. Especially in the 2nd period.

Good on the Blackhawks. Get a little more offense and keep this ball rolling.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

"The Canadiens saying auR Rev voiR to the Penguins"

Joe Beninatti: Slaying English and other world languages on the daily

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And the Blackhawks take Game 1 of what is effectively the Stanley Cup Finals. Whoever wins the West will steamroll the Eastern champ in 4.

I love your certainty that the Western conference champion will win the Stanley cup final when we've already seen an 8 beat a 1, a 7 beat a 2, a 3-1 comeback and a 3-0 comeback. Is it probable that either SJ or Chi will beat Phi/Mtl? Yes, but that doesn't mean that it has to happen. You think you would've learned your lesson, but here we are.

It's hockey we're talking about. The better team can outshoot the other team by 25 shots and lose. There's nothing certain in this game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Flyers get a goal on an undeserved power play. Seriously, the refs are not supposed to call that on a Habs player - though it's perfectly acceptable to call it on the Flyers. The NHL should want the Habs to win, and should allow its officials to make sure it happens.

LvZYtbZ.png

Flyers get a goal on an undeserved power play. Seriously, the refs are not supposed to call that on a Habs player - though it's perfectly acceptable to call it on the Flyers. The NHL should want the Habs to win, and should allow its officials to make sure it happens.

If I wasn't convinced most of what you said was specifically designed to elicit incredulous reactions, I'd suggest that you were a madman.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If I wasn't convinced most of what you said was specifically designed to elicit incredulous reactions, I'd suggest that you were a madman.
It would enhance the NHL for a Canadian team to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals - they should do everything they can to make sure it happens.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived