2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure would help if they called more penalties on Chris Pronger, since he's never not committing one. Must've broken McCreary's old clutch-n-grab heart to finally buzz him for high sticking.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sure would help if they called more penalties on Chris Pronger, since he's never not committing one. Must've broken McCreary's old clutch-n-grab heart to finally buzz him for high sticking.

I mean, I'm not trying to start a whole thing here because there were penalties that weren't called on Chicago, but it sure seemed like the Flyers committed more penalties that went uncalled than the Hawks did.

I mean, I'm not trying to start a whole thing here because there were penalties that weren't called on Chicago, but it sure seemed like the Flyers committed more penalties that went uncalled than the Hawks did.

It's also strange that the Hawks had been one of the most disciplined teams in the league all year until they started getting called for everything against the Sharks, and the Flyers were somewhere in the top 5 for penalty minutes all year. Now the Flyers are angels and the Blackhawks, of all people, are a penalty box on skates. I guess it's just an untimely instance of running into a creaky old ref who romanticizes the good old days of Philadelphia goon hockey and still holds a grudge with Bob Pulford as if the guy does anything in 2010 but sit in a highrise and drink himself stupid all day. McCreary and his ilk finally will have been purged from the league in three to five years, but we're not wrapping up this series in three to five years.

I liked that Byfuglien got hit with a slash because Pronger's stick broke in front of him. No crap it broke; all the crosschecking he'd been doing with it sure weakened its structural integrity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Philly fans still believe in the great Toronto-based NHL conspiracy to screw them at any and all costs, despite the fact most calls this postseason have gone their way.

"Philadelphia: REF, YOU SUCK!!! oh wait, it was a call for us? Oh... REF, YOU SUCK!!!"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'd be excited about cutting it to 4-2, but hey, you're supposed to convert 5-on-3 opportunities.

At least we left ourselves almost a full power play by scoring early.

Edit: A PP where we did nothing.

I have to say, the last several minutes of the third made me feel a hell of a lot better about the Hawks' prospects in this series. If they can come back Sunday riding the wave of "solving" the Flyers in the tail end of that third, they'll dominate and be on their way to the Cup. For now, they can just take cold comfort in being dead even through four games despite not having truly played well in any of them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bold prediction - Who ever wins Game 5 probably wins the Cup.......

But this is a hell of a series and it makes up for the staleness of the Conference Finals and 2 of the 4 Semi-Final Series' and that Ville Leino deal is really paying off now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ville Leino Born October 6, 1983 (1983-10-06) (age 26),

Savonlinna, FINHeight

Weight6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

183 lb (83 kg; 13 st 1 lb)PositionLeft wingShootsLeftNHL team

F. teamsPhiladelphia Flyers

Detroit Red Wings

Jokerit

HPK

Ilves

SaPKoNHL DraftUndraftedPlaying career2002–presentVille Leino (born October 6, 1983 in Savonlinna, Finland) is a Finnish professional ice hockey forward, currently playing for the Philadelphia Flyers in the National Hockey League. He is the best Hockey player in the world.

LOL. Wonder how long this will last up there.

EDIT: No, I did not put that part on wikipedia. Looks like it's changed now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived