2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I have to say, the last several minutes of the third made me feel a hell of a lot better about the Hawks' prospects in this series. If they can come back Sunday riding the wave of "solving" the Flyers in the tail end of that third, they'll dominate and be on their way to the Cup. For now, they can just take cold comfort in being dead even through four games despite not having truly played well in any of them.

The last several minutes were garbage time, though. This is starting to feel really 2003 NLCSish.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, the last several minutes of the third made me feel a hell of a lot better about the Hawks' prospects in this series. If they can come back Sunday riding the wave of "solving" the Flyers in the tail end of that third, they'll dominate and be on their way to the Cup. For now, they can just take cold comfort in being dead even through four games despite not having truly played well in any of them.

The last several minutes were garbage time, though. This is starting to feel really 2003 NLCSish.

Agree to disagree. We converted a 5-on-3, like any good team should. I wouldn't chalk that up to garbage time. Then, at 4-2, I guarantee the Flyers weren't treating it like garbage time. And we scored there. I mean, Philly clearly outplayed the Hawks, but I'll agree with the Sodder. I feel better about things now than with 10:00 left in the third.

Where it all begins is Niemi giving up rebounds again. hes doing a great job of seeing the puck and stopping the hardest shot he needs to, but just wrap it up. Freeze that thing like its your job (which it is). Also, I really dont want to sound like an a-hole homer, but it seems like the Flyers are getting away with a lot. Both teams seem to be committing a very similar amount of penalties, but everything the Hawks do gets called and the Flyers seem to be getting away with it. Just in these last two games. Maybe its my Chicago eyes talking.

Anyways, I'm okay with the home team wining every game

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Where it all begins is Niemi giving up rebounds again. hes doing a great job of seeing the puck and stopping the hardest shot he needs to, but just wrap it up. Freeze that thing like its your job (which it is). Also, I really dont want to sound like an a-hole homer, but it seems like the Flyers are getting away with a lot. Both teams seem to be committing a very similar amount of penalties, but everything the Hawks do gets called and the Flyers seem to be getting away with it. Just in these last two games. Maybe its my Chicago eyes talking.

Anyways, I'm okay with the home team wining every game

You aren't being a homer to anyone who has watched the series not rooting for the Flyers or against the Hawks. The calls have been horrible, especially all the crap that Pronger gets away with. If the refs were to have called Pronger for even a third of the penalties he has committed thusfar, this series would already be over, but that is besides the point.

Even with the many BS calls against the Hawks and no calls against the Flyers, the Hawks still should have won all 4 of these games. The blown calls haven't helped, but they weren't completely crippling. The Hawks have played awful, unmotivated hockey this entire series. Hopefully the last few minutes of the game was them "waking up", because I don't know if they can sleepwalk through two more home wins.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You'd think the Hawks would be motivated to win a freaking Stanley Cup, and yet I agree, they are missing something that they had against Vancouver, against San Jose, against plenty of better teams in the regular season. It doesn't help that they're being hemmed into a tentative and limp style of play because the slightest slip-up gets them in the penalty box, a problem Philadelphia inexplicably does not have. You'd think that with the league trying to crack down on the ills of the pre-lockout era, Pronger wouldn't get away with a thing, and yet it's the total converse. I don't want to say it's a matter of maximizing the NBC games, but no suspicions of shady officiating can ever be fully dismissed out of hand thanks to Tim Donaghy.

If we can't get Pronger to take the penalties he's earned, maybe at least the media can stop fawning over him? Here's every Chris Pronger press conference you've ever seen:

"Are you looking forward to the game tonight?"

"Am I looking forward to the game tonight? I don't know, am I?"

"What will your approach be to their top line?"

"I have an approach to their top line?"

"How many sticks are you going to go through tonight from freely crosschecking the crap out of everyone?"

"What's crosschecking?"

48181_Flyers_Pronger_Hockey.jpg

Givin' it to 'em on and off the ice, indeed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Logically, wouldn't the league be better served by rigging it for Chicago? Philadelphia, while a large market, isn't as large as Chicago, and it has always had rampant support for its hockey team, as opposed to Chicago, who fell off the local radar during the WWW era. Chicago is the far better story here, so I'm not sure why (other than your TV theory) they would rig it the other way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Logically they'd rig it for Chicago to win in 7. But since Chicago has been complaining since game one, that doesn't really fit that story. Because they're not rigging it.

I'm not saying Pronger doesn't deserve more than he's getting (although frankly, the camera is focused on him--you don't think there's a lot of other guys who don't get the camera doing the same thing?), but I love him, in part for what he's doing. I love the whining coming from Chicago. Especially after they thought Dustin "I don't know what sound a 'g' makes" Buffyglien was the second coming. Prongs has solved him for now.

Philadelphia Union are playing at Chicago tonight, and came out for intros wearing Flyers player t-shirts over their jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

With the series back in Chicago, pretty much everyone out there is picking the Hawks to win tonight... <_<

I really don't know why. The Hawks are lucky they're not down 3-1. Hopefully the last half of the third was them waking up a little...and hopefully the refs start actually looking in the direction of Chris Pronger when he's on the ice.*

*Just sayin', not whinin', STL Fanatic. Pronger's getting away with everything is not the reason the series is tied. It just certainly isn't helping.

*Just sayin', not whinin', STL Fanatic. Pronger's getting away with everything is not the reason the series is tied. It just certainly isn't helping.

I'm not one to call people out for that, anyways. I'm just having fun in a fan sense. I'm plenty familiar with Prongs style and how he seems to get away with a lot of it, but when you're rooting for him (as I once again am) it's all because of how "smart" he is in how he does it.

I'm not one to call people out for that, anyways. I'm just having fun in a fan sense. I'm plenty familiar with Prongs style and how he seems to get away with a lot of it, but when you're rooting for him (as I once again am) it's all because of how "smart" he is in how he does it.

"Smart" as in mouthing to the ref "If you call me for that cross check after my stick snapped over the guys back, I'll see you in the parking lot after the game"

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hopefully the last half of the third was them waking up a little...

They certainly look awake so far

Yeah, that looked like a 9-minute Power Play (2 of which were really a PP). Unfortunately, nothing to show for it.

Pronger really should get credit for that goal. And with him on Toews mostly, Buff looks like he's played hockey before.

Oh, and dfwabel: I chuckled at that...and I agree.

Archived