2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Is it just me, or does Mike Emrick seem uncharacteristically subdued tonight (by his standards, anyway)?

I don't need the pressure ramped up any higher than it already is.

Consider the pressure ramped

Tied 3-all

And here... we... go!

And on top of that, that goal seems to have woken Emrick up; he's back in his usual on-the-verge-of-cardiac-arrest-with-every-remotely-close-play form.

Now we're in sudden-death OT in a potential Cup-clinching game. Every hockey fan's dream... and every NBC exec's worst nightmare. It means they'll have to postpone or pre-empt Jay Leno because of some d@mn hockey game in June running late. :hockeysmiley:

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brain may explode out of my ears. Also, since this intermission is going to end right around 10:00, and home is a 25 minute bike ride away, I'll be stuck at work watching this. Yippee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You can't sit on a one-goal lead. Horrible. I feel like five outs away all over again.

Why in the hell would they not play exactly like they did in the first two periods?

Your turn, Cubbies! Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks for the first time since 1961, they have won the Stanley Cup!

But this is one of the strangest Stanley Cup Finals finishes I have ever seen. :wacko:

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

And now the only Original 6 Team not to win the Cup in the expansion era is the Toronto Maple Leafs. I just heard the temps went up a few more degress in Toronto.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived