2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

It doesn't feel real yet. It might not feel real on Friday at the parade. It might never. The Blackhawks actually won a Cup.

Just over four months after the New Orleans Saints actually won a Super Bowl, no less. Insanity truly reigns in the team sports world this year. What's next, Stars & Stripes coming out of South Africa with the World Cup trophy? The Tampa Bay Rays going back to the World Series, and actually winning it this time?

NHL_Chicago_SCchamps.png

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't feel real yet. It might not feel real on Friday at the parade. It might never. The Blackhawks actually won a Cup.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Congratulations to my fellow fans. Thanks to Philly fans here like BringBackTheVet who have been knowledgeable and gracious through this.

They're having the parade Friday? On the first day of Crosstown weekend? Least productive workday in Chicago ever.

It's amazing. Unbelievable. I have seen a World Series and a Stanley Cup in the past 5 years, from two teams with seemingly endless droughts. I still can't wrap my brain fully around it.

And Justin, your every bitter word tastes like sweet, sweet candy. God bless that middling goalie.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They're having the parade Friday? On the first day of Crosstown weekend? Least productive workday in Chicago ever.

Pretty sure Fox 32 said it was Friday if tonight and Sunday if Friday. Then again it's Fox 32 so.

F a bunch of Crosstown. I don't care at all. Both those teams blow. I'll hug White Sox fans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

WOOOO!!! Fantastic game, great season, great win!! Weirdest finish you'll ever see, but it counts all the same! JR got me choked up with his post-game story, I can't believe it, we're champs!!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Congratulations Blackhawk fans.

I was watching the game with my friend who is a more devout Blackhawks fan than I am a Blue Jackets fan. This kid used to tell me about all the "sweet" players they were going to have while Bill Wirtz was alive. As the minutes were going by he had uncontrollable nervous movements. When Philly tied it he stood up, kicked the bag of pretzels, and then punched the wall and kept saying "the fu*king 03 Cubs! all fu*king over again!" Then he nervoulsy paced during intermission and when OT came he watched it through his hands. When they scored he jumped up quickly in celebration then waited to see if it actually happened. When he realized they had won, he wents nuts and when Toews was holding the cup he started crying. Dude sobbed through the whole thing with the Cup.

I'm not a Blackhawks fan by any stretch, but watching my friend (who probably takes all sports a little too seriously) made me happy for their fans.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Damn, the celebration in Chicago will be awesome. Even though the fans aren't officially part of the team, it's still awesome to take solace in the successes of something you enjoy and love. Enjoy it, folks, because as a person who's favortite teams generally suck and no longer has a favorite NHL team, I'm extremely jealous.

Well done Blackhawks, but let's give the Flyers their proper credit. Yes, they overachieved to get this far, but they did play well and were worthy opponents.

We need to fly the Fratellis in from Scotland to play at the parade.

That would be crazy, except only the first minute of Chelsea Dagger. Every other song by them is awful.

In other news, HOLY CRAP! For a 17 year old Cubs fan, this is amazing. I didnt root for the Sox in '05, and barely remember the Bulls last championship. But this makes it all worth it. Nothing like it! Hossa (probably my favorite hawk) is a boss, and deserves it. Toews is captain serious and a deserving Smythe winner. Kane is a sharpshooting stud who deserves the winning goal. Niemi repeatedly said No! Even though hes so 'piss poor'. Everyone else is just as de serving. WOW!

:hockeysmiley: <---Duncan Teeth Keith

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

We need to fly the Fratellis in from Scotland to play at the parade.

That would be crazy, except only the first minute of Chelsea Dagger. Every other song by them is awful.

In other news, HOLY CRAP! For a 17 year old Cubs fan, this is amazing. I didnt root for the Sox in '05, and barely remember the Bulls last championship. But this makes it all worth it. Nothing like it! Hossa (probably my favorite hawk) is a boss, and deserves it. Toews is captain serious and a deserving Smythe winner. Kane is a sharpshooting stud who deserves the winning goal. Niemi repeatedly said No! Even though hes so 'piss poor'. Everyone else is just as de serving. WOW!

:hockeysmiley: <---Duncan Teeth Keith

Agree to disagree on that one, brother. Costello Music (the album that houses "Chelsea Dagger") is highly listenable and "Henrietta" is a great song.

And now the only Original 6 Team not to win the Cup in the expansion era is the Toronto Maple Leafs. I just heard the temps went up a few more degress in Toronto.

MLSE's money-counting room is nicely air-conditioned and insulated from the outside world

Congrats, Chicago, enjoy the hell out of this before you take a look at the cap numbers for the coming years.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Congrats Chicago on a well earned Cup. And thank you Flyers for the most memorable sports experience of my life. I cant wait to see what the future has in store for this team, and with a good offseason, maybe this team will be able to hang with Pittsburgh and Washington on a consistent basis. A few observations:

- I dont get Toews as Conn Smythe. He was a -5 in the finals, I guess I didnt watch enough Hawks games leading up to the finals, so maybe one of the Hawk fans on here can fill me in, was he THAT good in the first 3 rounds to win playoff MVP? I would have went with Kane (nothing to do with scoring the Cup winner)

- This had to be one of the worst overall goaltended series Ive ever watched

- In all my years of playing/watching hockey, Ive never seen a game end like that, much less a championship deciding one. It was weird watching Patrick Kane celebrate by himself for a minute

- It was quite evident that the Hawks were going to win this thing after the effort they put forth in Game 5. They finally found their game and were playing with a ton of confidence, speed, and physicality. I didnt see any way the Flyers could have taken Game 7 had they got it there. They looked completely gassed tonight, and it was a miracle that they even pushed this thing as far as it went

- Finally, as disappointing as it was in the end, this whole run they took us on was truly amazing. This team took huge steps forward, and I cant wait til next year. Ill take so many positives from this entire journey, Im just sad more than anything that its reached the end.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived