Raysox's NHL Playoff redesign.

raysox

Hey guys, I'm in the mood for some concepts on ice. And because I don't have a curling uniform template, I guess I'll go with hockey.

I want to do 2 at a time, and release them based on first round match up. So 16 teams come in 8 sets. Got it?

First up was the Western Conference 4-5 match up, the Phoenix Coyotes and Detroit Red Wings. I never realized how awesome the 'Yotes logo set was. All their logos are really great, I think. I don't like how the current set only really uses brick red, and white. I expanded the colours to include sand and black. First, I started with a new sleeve stripe, then ran a stripe of the same pattern up the under arm. A tie up seemed necessary since they're so cool. I used 2 logos on the shoulders, the PHX state logo, and the new circle logo. Also note I left the white jersey's numbers sand. I loved how it looked.

For the Wings, you can't really do that much. I tried changing some stuff, but nothing worked quite as good as the current. Home and road are the same, with the Winter Classic set as the alternate.

Enjoy!

PHX.pngDET.png

I'll have another 2 teams up tonight. C&C

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Coyotes jerseys, but I agree on the vertical striping. Good call on the Wings, you really can't make their jerseys much better. If you want to replicate the Winter Classic sweaters, the socks they wore that day were like the ones you have, but red and white stripes alternated down the whole sock.

2009 WC Detroit

Pretty good Coyotes concept, I mean I've seen striping pretty similar to this plenty of times, and you aren't the first person to think of adding sand and black, lol, but it's well executed and would look really good on ice. Sand numbers is a no from me though, it doesn't add much consistency to the design and is very hard to see.

I actually really like both of these. There's not much to say about the Wings, but you used great restraint in not changing much, and they look fine. I really like the way you added both sand and black to the 'Yotes, and I'm ok with the vertical striping, especially since it matches the pants. You managed to keep their look simple--which I love--while still adding some conservative additions.

My only suggestion would be NOT to use the sand names and numbers on the white Coyotes uniforms. They just wouldn't have enough contrast from afar.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Love the 'Yotes set minus the vertical piping. I think if you stuck with the horizontal waist striping instead, it'd be great but still that looks fantastic.

Agreed. Anytime a Hockey Jersey Concept has vertical stripes, piping or side panels, it brings the look down in my book. Theres a reason the majority of Hockey Sweaters, Pre-Edge, had horizontal stripes because that is how they're supposed to look. This isnt football.

April 15th, 2010. The day all Sabres fans turn against me.

Here's my Sabres, and Bruins concepts. My thinking behind the Sabres was that I don't really care for the circle logo, and why revert back to the past to a team that hasn't won the cup. But their jersey now isn't good either. So I decided to make a jersey similar to the third. I noticed the socks ont he current were basic stripes, that I liked. Thus, I put them on the sleeves. I ran piping up and around the shoulder yoke. Tha fantastic B-Sword logo is on the sleeves, just so there is no circle logo. Then to add a little something, I did put something from the past as the crest, the ol' buffalo soda pop script.

For the Bs, I ALMOST did a concept like this. But it didn't really appeal to me as well as the currents. The shoulder yoke is more acute than currently. Yellow socks just didn't seem to flow with the all black set, personally. Hmm, the whites are similar to the currents too. I did adjust the numbers, and they look better without the yellow on the outer most line. A yellow alt, how original, the Bear logo is the crest, since it also too is fantastic.

Comments.

BUF.pngBOS1.png

Anyone have any requests?

I'd like to see Ottawa/Pittsburgh.

And I'd like to see you slay the Buffaslug, if possible. The Buffalo alt looks good, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

PHX.png

Love it, only c&c I've got for you is the logo on the third doesn't seem to be formatted correctly. It's more head on rather than at an angle with the rest of the jersey.

April 15th, 2010. The day all Sabres fans turn against me.

Here's my Sabres, and Bruins concepts. My thinking behind the Sabres was that I don't really care for the circle logo, and why revert back to the past to a team that hasn't won the cup. But their jersey now isn't good either. So I decided to make a jersey similar to the third. I noticed the socks ont he current were basic stripes, that I liked. Thus, I put them on the sleeves. I ran piping up and around the shoulder yoke. Tha fantastic B-Sword logo is on the sleeves, just so there is no circle logo. Then to add a little something, I did put something from the past as the crest, the ol' buffalo soda pop script.

For the Bs, I ALMOST did a concept like this. But it didn't really appeal to me as well as the currents. The shoulder yoke is more acute than currently. Yellow socks just didn't seem to flow with the all black set, personally. Hmm, the whites are similar to the currents too. I did adjust the numbers, and they look better without the yellow on the outer most line. A yellow alt, how original, the Bear logo is the crest, since it also too is fantastic.

Comments.

BUF.pngBOS1.png

Anyone have any requests?

Wow! I really like the third Buffalo Jersey. Great job with these overall!

Love the Sabres set. I still detest the logo, but it's amazing how much better it looks on a more traditional template, and I admire you for not tossing it out and going with the retro logo like everyone else does. I also like your use of yellow and gray on the unis, and the piping is very well integrated to my eye. Great job all around on Buffalo.

Not much to say about Boston. Very solid, if obvious, choices for the alternate.

All in all, another good job. I look forward to more of these.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Buffaslug.

I like your Coyotes concept, but I love their full-bodied alternate logo and would have liked to see it included on one of your concepts somewhere. Looking forward to see what you do with the Kings, too.

Some big changes for this next set, Vancouver and LA.

I LOVE the Canucks' Johnny V, and Running Canuck logo. I focused on lumberjacks for this concept. You'll either love it or hate it. What better way to tie in Lumberjacks, than plaid? That's right, plaid on the stripes. Someone did something like this a long time ago, but I'm fairly sure I made this one my own. I got rid of the whale completely. I had originally grabbed the wrong template(LA's third) but decided some piping wouldn't hurt. The plaid is Navy from the running logo, and whatever colour the jersey isn't.

For the Kings, the thing that seemed to work the best was a black and silver combo. I used some stripes from the Gretzky days. I brought back the shield logo for the shoulder, and third, just because that logo set works so well together. How about a grey alt? I thought it would work in the way I used it.

Comments?

VAN-1.pngLA.png

Hmmm, I have an idea for the Devils, and Sens. One of those team's series will be next.

EDIT:Whoops, forgot to change the shoulder logos on the home, and road. Should be the running canuck, and the Stick and Ice logo

Archived