Raysox's NHL Playoff redesign.

raysox

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Just realized the first team I've done on inkscape was the higher seed!

Devils and Flyers are on today's plate. With New Jersey, I wanted to go beyond red and black. Being me, I happened to love the red and green get ups they had. To be honest, these are just RBK edge versions of the old jerseys. Added a green alt for good measure.

One thing for Phily, I knew I wanted an orange home. Then to keep it up with the jerseys of the past, I made them like how you see. Instead of a plain white hem stripe, I added black borders. Then I noticed the current socks they had, and liked them a lot. I made the hem match the socks, and then matched up the sleeve part with the hem. Im not sure if that makes sense, but just look at the concept and tell me what you think.

NJD.pngPHI.png

Some big changes for this next set, Vancouver and LA.

I LOVE the Canucks' Johnny V, and Running Canuck logo. I focused on lumberjacks for this concept. You'll either love it or hate it. What better way to tie in Lumberjacks, than plaid? That's right, plaid on the stripes. Someone did something like this a long time ago, but I'm fairly sure I made this one my own. I got rid of the whale completely. I had originally grabbed the wrong template(LA's third) but decided some piping wouldn't hurt. The plaid is Navy from the running logo, and whatever colour the jersey isn't.

For the Kings, the thing that seemed to work the best was a black and silver combo. I used some stripes from the Gretzky days. I brought back the shield logo for the shoulder, and third, just because that logo set works so well together. How about a grey alt? I thought it would work in the way I used it.

Comments?

VAN-1.pngLA.png

Hmmm, I have an idea for the Devils, and Sens. One of those team's series will be next.

EDIT:Whoops, forgot to change the shoulder logos on the home, and road. Should be the running canuck, and the Stick and Ice logo

Never thought I would be saying this but the plaid MAKES these Canucks Jerseys. Fits perfectly with the Johnny Canuck Logo and its refreshing to see something different. Only thing I would do is make the Plaid stripes on the Away Blue and the accent stripes above Green. Just to balance the colours a bit. Keep up the awesome work, Im really enjoying this series!

Although the piping seems unnecessary, I think the plaid on the Canucks jersey is rather genius. Very nice work on these in particular, but nice concepts in general. I like the Devils set, even the green alt. The Flyers striping is a little thin for my liking, make it more like stripes, less like piping. I don't love the contrasting color on the end of the sleeve, but that works well for the Flyers, looking more like their pre-edge set, just better.

Hey guys! Finished my 2 newest ones.

I really like the Blackhawks new alt. Especially the tan part. I worked tan into the home and road, just so it fit better. The home stripes on the sleeves didn't match up with every other stripe on the set. The shoulder logos are recoloured without the bright yellow, and used tan. The road is the same, but the middle white stripes are now tan. The alternate is the same as the Winter Classic. Really a hit or miss here.

On the Preds, I used inspiration from previous jerseys. The end of sleeve white section is now part of the sleeve, a la Bruins' stripe pre-edge. I used a hem stripe connecting the 2 underarm sections like the jerseys of old. The home now has a triangle to match the road crest, and each saber tooth tiger is recoloured to match the new shoulder logo! The N Nashville logo is now on the jerseys, because it is so awesome. It also found its way onto the alternate grey.

CHI-1.pngNSH2.png

Comments!

Archived